De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More mobile and faster?

A cruise ship double the size of the titanic is more mobile than Maguire. Maguire is not a benchmark to view Lindelof. They're both unsuited for a team trying to compete for the title and should both be shipped out.

Has anyone cried because we haven’t just paid what they are asking yet because £30m is a silly offer?

We're still lowballing Bayern for this one :D.

One thing I don't understand about this transfer is who would be starter at RCB? I bet we promised Yoro that status, and De Ligt would want it as well.

De Ligt can cover both sides. He played on the left next to Bonucci at Juve, and plays on the left when paired with Upamecano at Bayern. If we're playing Dyche's Everton or Brentford, we might want to start with both him and Yoro. If either of Martinez or Yoro is injured or rested, he plays.

We'd finally have almost as much CB depth as City. You're allowed to have more than 11 decent players.

One thing I don't understand about this transfer is who would be starter at RCB? I bet we promised Yoro that status, and De Ligt would want it as well.
Back 3 and play 3-2-4-1 like City did two years ago with Pep.

To be fair, 30 millions does sound too low for De Ligt, if he is as good as INEOS/Erik think, and we shouldn't be signing him at all, if he isn't so that price seems lowball

Back 3 and play 3-2-4-1 like City did two years ago with Pep.
I’ve been think of the back three formations and they mean we either play wing backs like shaw and Dalot, which means our many wide players don’t play, or we play people like Antony and garnacho at wing back which means shaw and Dalot don’t play.

Can’t seem to make it work with what we have

I actually love the fact we're trying to lowball.

Seems like we're trying to undo our reputation as mugs who allow ourselves to be fleeced. Hopefully the days are over where clubs see us desperate pushovers in the transfer market who cave in to their inflated demands.

Hoping we're taking the same approach with our outgoings. No more silly transfer fees or subsidised loans for our players either.

With the new EL and CL format any top team is likely to play 60+ games a season. Having 3 starting CB's covering 2 positions is a bare minimum for any club looking to compete both domestically and in Europe. There will be enough playingtime for all 3 of Martinez, Yoro and De Ligt.

I reckon we end up paying what they want. Like the Yoro fee, I predict the number going up and up. Bayern are not selling for £30m.

I reckon we end up paying what they want. Like the Yoro fee, I predict the number going up and up. Bayern are not selling for £30m.
That didn't happen with Yoro though did it? Admittedly I joined that saga only in the last week or so, because like most I assumed he was going to Madrid.

Thought it basically just came out that we had a bid accepted without any offers being rejected beforehand.

To be fair, 30 millions does sound too low for De Ligt, if he is as good as INEOS/Erik think, and we shouldn't be signing him at all, if he isn't so that price seems lowball
Bayern want him to go due to high salary and manager doesnt want, De Ligt only want to be here
Why we need to pay that high price

De Ligt would probably be confident his relationship with the manager would secure him a starting position most weeks.

But in reality when have United ever had a full strength squad. 1 injury to either Licha/Yoro and United would be screwed.

Also I hope we don't see another season of Garnacho/Mainoo playing every single minute for months and months, you need to be careful with the teenagers!

Hopefully this gets done for less than 35 as it will be another deal where United didn't have their pants pulled down over the fee.

Tbh 42 mil for de ligt is already a steal, if we get anything off that bloody hell.

Bayern want him to go due to high salary and manager doesnt want, De Ligt only want to be here
Why we need to pay that high price
Because De Ligt is way better and younger than Maguire, and he should cost more than Maguire

30m is a silly offer to be fair. Should have started at 35 and settled on 40m.

Think we shift Maguire rather than Lindelof considering :

- Lindelof is more suited to a high line
- More sellers for Maguire
- De Ligt is stylistically similar to Maguire

Also, I really hope someone else doesnt come in for De Ligt while we keep haggling.
Lindelof is not more suited to a high line as he'd rather back off all the way to his goal line than put in a tackle. High line needs pro active front foot defending, the opposite to what Lindelof offers

Wages.

Not really.

That's regardless of the sum..

As a transferfee on itself.. In the current day and age in the context of current football.. 40 million pounds for a 24 year old Matthijs de Ligt is an absolute steal

De Ligt can cover both sides. He played on the left next to Bonucci at Juve, and plays on the left when paired with Upamecano at Bayern. If we're playing Dyche's Everton or Brentford, we might want to start with both him and Yoro. If either of Martinez or Yoro is injured or rested, he plays.

We'd finally have almost as much CB depth as City. You're allowed to have more than 11 decent players.

That's what I needed to see about his ability to play at LCB when it's required in certain games

Bayern paid Juve £56 million plus add ons, paid in 5 yearly instalments. This was two years ago, and so they have £33 million left to pay Juve, his stock is lower than it was leaving Juve, and so I don’t really know why they would think they could demand any profit from the sale.

Would also be interesting to know how the wages factor into this. We’re always told the transfer fees we receive are smaller than other clubs because of high wages. I’m assuming Ineos won’t be wanting to pay him £250k a week.

As a transferfee on itself.. In the current day and age in the context of current football.. 40 million pounds for a 24 year old Matthijs de Ligt is an absolute steal
Wages are very much a consideration when it comes to the transfer fee, for one it drastically reduces the number of suitors and increases the overall package that the buying club are committing to.

Wages are very much a consideration when it comes to the transfer fee, for one it drastically reduces the number of suitors and increases the overall package that the buying club are committing to.
Yeah, it’s no steal - the number of suitors and the fact clubs keep moving him on means this is going rate, not a steal.

Bayern want him off their books; someone else then has to pick up his wage, which is where the heavy costs are.

Demanded wages by a player have in impact on the demand for a player and the demand for a player had an impact on transfer fee.. Very true..

Doesnt change that 40 pounds for a defender who is (at least potentially) worldclass, with his experience and his age, is a relative steal...

Demanded wages by a player have in impact on the demand for a player and the demand for a player had an impact on transfer fee.. Very true..

Doesnt change that 40 pounds for a defender who is (at least potentially) worldclass, with his experience and his age, is a relative steal...
40 quid certainly would be a steal :)

Start at 40m and they will ask for 50. I like it that we started low. As desperate as we are to get rid of sancho and his high wages, the same could probably be said about De Ligt.

Status
Not open for further replies.