De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, why are you all tracking flights already? It's not close to done yet.

Don’t see any chance we’ve got De Ligt telling Bayern he wants the move, and agreeing personal terms, only to then say “sorry mate, we fooled ya”.

Perhaps it’s his agent pushing the narrative. Given the price, this should’ve been done already. It’s either de Ligt or Yoro and a left footed defender if it falls within the budget.

I don’t know why but the idea of signing De Ligt without also signing Frenkie De Jong seems absurd to me.

They’re the two ultimate Ten Hag players. His kids.

The fact it was reported earlier that a deal was agreed and that flight wasnt on the Manchester Airport arrivals list when I looked earlier so was added at some point this afternoon.

He's on the same flight as Jassim's dad, who is in town to trash out a deal which will finally beat Sir Jimbo.

Well a bit more than that from when the Dutch got kicked out if we're being fair.
If we're being fair, we've signed one player in the 5 days since Holland went out, and those 5 days included a weekend, with a Euros Final that maybe a lot of teams weren't working through.

It's been a good start to the window, all encouraging news on the De Ligt front so far and some optimism around Yoro. Let's try to be positive.

This forum distorts time perception, there's still many weeks in the window. They might still be hashing a deal or wait to see what happens with other bids.

Seems he's second choice behind Yoro now then. It's dragging on because Yoro is waiting for Real Madrid.

I thought it would be an easy deal to make but apparently not. Hurry up, sign him before the US tour.

Reckon we’re playing Bayern here. Yoro is our priority. We’ve kept De Ligt on ice, which Bayern need to do before they can move on Tah. And then we start making contacts with Tah too. Maybe as a tactic to get Bayern to drop the fee on De Ligt, but I suspect we’re running game on them a bit.

maybe we are waiting on the Greenwood money/decision to take place before moving forward with the bid for him

We're not signing all these defenders so it's clear we are prioritising other targets.

He was spot on about the Zirkzee deal so why would this be any different

Because for one thing, he wasn't. He kept trying to push Juve as being in for him because that's what he does: throw Juve and United into every transfer story going.

For another, I've got a clock that's broken. It's right twice a day. Perhaps you would like to use that as an oracle? I'll sell it to you for a very reasonable price - just act fast because Thiago Motta has expressed an interest.

For another, look at the credentials of the person you're treating as gospel. What's that? You can't? Oh yeah; they don't exist.

For another, an actual journalist who is actually reliable for news related to Bayern Munich has said the opposite of what your Delphic Oracle has. My money's on the fella with credentials.

I could go on, but I'm beginning to think that you have some personal vested interest in pushing this particular shit spewer, since I don't believe anybody has the honest combination of ignorance, gullibility, and stubbornness to hold the stance you're appearing to. So there isn't really a point.

Well done, you've made me waste my own time, having already successfully wasted the time of others with your insistence on posting terrible sources. I suppose that makes you the real winner in this. Enjoy.

Seems he's second choice behind Yoro now then. It's dragging on because Yoro is waiting for Real Madrid.
Don't think that's the case. More likely that Yoro is a delicate situation and we don't want to do anything ourselves to strengthen Madrids hand i.e.sign another CB while he's deciding. If Yoro did say yes, I presume De ligt would happen also. But I could be wrong.

We would be needing both De ligt and Yoro so I guess the question of one deal holding the other won’t make sense.

Unless we’ve been sneakily bidding away for multiple defenders only to sign 1, which is difficult to presume since we definitely need 2 cbs

The outgoings are probably not going according to the initial plan, maybe that’s why the hiccups.

I think we are going for both De Ligt and Yoro. I doubt Yoro is seen as ready to be a mainstay of the defence in his first season. We need three top drawer CBs and only have one. I would say deal structure is the hold up on this one. That and the player being on holiday.

I have a feeling that he's 3rd wheel to Jarrad and Yoro

I have a feeling that he's 3rd wheel to Jarrad and Yoro

Definitely looks the case to me. But our luck is such that we are going to get him and someone else who isn't half good for the LCB spot. It's going to be a window or two, our improved finances and hopefully our improved performances on the pitch that is going to make us one of the top contenders for top talent again.

We can get de Ligt and David Hancko for the price of Branthwaite. I honestly don't see what we're waiting for.
We're not just gonna sign one centre back, and it's certainly not between de Ligt or Branthwaite.

This, Ugarte and Yoro will most likely not happen.

Good luck to the negotiators, but I can see them facing the same problems as Woodward relented to:

'You're Man United. You have lots of money.'

Hopefully, we skilfully navigate these negotiations. Failure to do so could set a very dangerous precedent, indeed.

Definitely looks the case to me. But our luck is such that we are going to get him and someone else who isn't half good for the LCB spot. It's going to be a window or two, our improved finances and hopefully our improved performances on the pitch that is going to make us one of the top contenders for top talent again.

We are playing catch up. These sort of deals take months to complete. We should have paid the 10m on Ashworth immediately not when we did

Status
Not open for further replies.