De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how people can watch us play an entire season with 1 striker and end up playing Scott McTominay up front at times and not understand why it's good to have an experienced Premier League striker as backup.
Not sure if this was intended to reply to another post?

Why wouldn't we want a striker with 75 matches and 15 goals over the last 3 seasons - and who turns 28 next year :)

:lol: :lol: That 8 goals scored feels a bit optimistic.

That formation would EASILY get 50+ goals. We’d be monsters at set pieces; Evans, Maguire, De Ligt, Branthwaite would get double figures easy. Bruno get a few pens and knock downs from open play. Kadioglu get a few sneaking in at the back post. Then you have the random goal from AWB/Dalot and Yoro. Lindelof has been known to bag a worldie or two too :lol:

I've got a feeling this might have already been discussed.

This thread has gone round and round in circles for the last 70 pages tbf.

- Why would Bayern sell? Don’t trust them.
- Isn’t he injury prone?
- Didn’t Dier take his spot?
- Is he the one with the fat dad?
- He’s slow

Repeat.

This thread has gone round and round in circles for the last 70 pages tbf.

- Why would Bayern sell? Don’t trust them.
- Isn’t he injury prone?
- Didn’t Dier take his spot?
- Is he the one with the fat dad?
- He’s slow

Repeat.

A healthy smattering of “I don’t know anything about him and haven’t read the thread, but……”

Zirkzee and hojlund are enough. If we want an experienced third wheel then we go for a choupo moting or a che adams on a free

Here's a question, are De Ligt and Zirkzee INEOS signings or ETH signings?

Ask as some journos think ETH has played a blinder in the off season with INEOS and strengthened his hand. 2 more Dutch players coming. 2 Dutch coaches coming into the club to replace a Dutch and a South African coach.

He still has his veto over signings. He has got his wish to have the medical department overhauled. Not sure if he got his wish to have the youth team over hauled.

So it's hard to tell between INEOS targets and ETH targets.

We were briefed by media last week that we were looking at DCL and Toney as potential signings as an experienced striker. That doesn't fit in with INEOS buying plans for 17-24 year olds. So maybe ETH wants a experienced striker?

They're Manchester United targets, with all having a voice? Erik has a veto as do the club.

Here's a question, are De Ligt and Zirkzee INEOS signings or ETH signings?

Ask as some journos think ETH has played a blinder in the off season with INEOS and strengthened his hand. 2 more Dutch players coming. 2 Dutch coaches coming into the club to replace a Dutch and a South African coach.

He still has his veto over signings. He has got his wish to have the medical department overhauled. Not sure if he got his wish to have the youth team over hauled.

So it's hard to tell between INEOS targets and ETH targets.

We were briefed by media last week that we were looking at DCL and Toney as potential signings as an experienced striker. That doesn't fit in with INEOS buying plans for 17-24 year olds. So maybe ETH wants a experienced striker?
Ineos and Ashworth aren’t going to sign a player that ETH doesn’t want. So if they come up with a target during a scouting meeting and ETH says he isn’t interested I don’t think they are still going to pursue that target.

That formation would EASILY get 50+ goals. We’d be monsters at set pieces; Evans, Maguire, De Ligt, Branthwaite would get double figures easy. Bruno get a few pens and knock downs from open play. Kadioglu get a few sneaking in at the back post. Then you have the random goal from AWB/Dalot and Yoro. Lindelof has been known to bag a worldie or two too :lol:
Probably if we get relegated to League Two, it could easily happened :wenger:

I think we should not buy an inflated branflake but stick with De Ligt as an experienced proven defender and Yoro as a young backup/rotation player.

Both are no-brainers for the prices quoted. Real want Yoro and Bayern fans think De Ligt is possibly their best center back and future captain material.

Yoro will get a lot of playtime here, not necessarily at Real. I hope he decides to come here.

I’m not convinced by Branflake and he is too expensive. Just forget it.

Would be delighted if we pull this through. His injury record is the only concern I would have.

This is probably his agent edging for a new contract.
… In the De Ligt thread? He basically has to leave for Bayern to account for all their spending and he wants to join us. This will happen soon.

Sean Paul (Gimme the Light)

Just gimme me de Ligt and Leny Yoroooooo
Pass the ball to Kobbie Mainoo

"payable in installments" makes this deal even more amazing, as 42m is not that much for a player of his calibre. I was initially against this move, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I just hope we can still try to get Yoro and then it will be a matter of how to keep them all happy.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon
Yea, this Nick guy is trying his hardest to imitate Romano with his own "Locked and Loaded" bullshit. I don't know if he's reliable at all.

"payable in installments" makes this deal even more amazing, as 42m is not that much for a player of his calibre. I was initially against this move, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I just hope we can still try to get Yoro and then it will be a matter of how to keep them all happy.

Almost all transfer fees of this size will be paid in installments, that's standard.

I'm going to bring this reply over to the De Ligt thread so as not to take the Xavi Simons thread off-topic.

De light was laughing stock for Juventus, basically like Maguire was for us for few years. Record money deal that finished in him scoring own goals every month there, have you even been watching him there?

Also he is not Bayern's best defender, all of Upamecano, Davies and Kimmich are better than him, probably Kim too. I am not sure he is even their first option when everyone is fit. And their defence isn't even spectacular either, Eric Dier plays as a defender there which says a lot, there is a reason they have finished third last season in BL. Bayern don't have financial reasons to sell unless they don't find him waste of space on his wages, because they could finance probably two better players for same wages.
You seem to be just making things up here in regards to De Ligt. From what I can see he's scored one own goal in his entire career, and that was a pre-season friendly. It just got a bit of attention because it was his first ever start at Juventus. So your first line here seems incredibly hypocritical since it appears you hadn't watched him there and are simply making things up.

He did have a rough first few months at Juventus (remember he was still only 19). But for the rest of his three seasons there he was good enough that Bayern then wanted to sign him for their second highest ever transfer fee, and considering he only had two years left on his contract and wasn't going to sign another Juve did the smart thing and sold him.

Bayern are looking to sell him now because they are trying to get their wage bill under control and they think that they have others like Upamecano, Kim and the likely incoming Tah who are more suited to how they and Kompany want to play. Basically they are faster and better on the ball. But based on their actual performances in his two seasons there De Ligt has been their best defender according to pretty much all their fans. Now, his relative lack of speed and ball-playing ability are the things that should raise question marks for us as well. Those are fair criticisms. But the amount of rubbish I see posted where people make out he 'failed' is ridiculous. The only thing he's really failed at is becoming the best defender in the world which is what he was hyped up as during his Ajax days.

Apparently he will only be on 170k per week as well, no more huge contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.