De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim looks far shakier than De Ligt

I know but if the price is right, he’s a gamble I’d be very much willing to take. His real level is much better than what he’s shown in his first season at Bayern.

I know but if the price is right, he’s a gamble I’d be very much willing to take. His real level is much better than what he’s shown in his first season at Bayern.
Hes 3 years older than De Ligt. Why is De Ligt written off?

Buy one centre half,get him in on loan too. Have a look at him before deal to buy next summer. Save money this summer to strengthen else where. Avoid spending on two defenders this summer that way. If he's up to scratch he would be great replacement for harry and johnny next summer when they go.

I worry about De Ligt's recent injuries - I still suffer from Owen Hargreaves flashbacks. If he's so great, why are Bayern Munich letting him go?
Not to mention his stint in Italy wasn’t as successful as planned. He was signed to be their centre half for the next decade and lasted a few years, now Bayern want rid.

something smells a bit Dutch cheesy about this

I worry about De Ligt's recent injuries - I still suffer from Owen Hargreaves flashbacks. If he's so great, why are Bayern Munich letting him go?
When was his injury? I see he made 22 games in the Bundasliga last year.

Not to mention his stint in Italy wasn’t as successful as planned. He was signed to be their centre half for the next decade and lasted a few years, now Bayern want rid.

something smells a bit Dutch cheesy about this
He was pushing for a move to Bayern wasn't he? There's a bayern fan here who says he was their best cb for the past two seasons.

Maybe I have it wrong. On the positive side Ten Hag knows how to use De Ligt well.

He's slow and we like to play with a high line? He's injury prone?
Is he injury prone? In what way is he slow? On the turn? Or just in acceleration? Is he slow and ponderous on the ball? Is he slower than Kim?

When was his injury? I see he made 22 games in the Bundasliga last year.

This was posted earlier in the thread; he seems to have had a few 'inner knee ligament' injuries recently. I just get nervous when we buy players from Bayern Munich. Like I said, Owen Hargreaves still gives me palpitations, and Sebastian Schweinsteiger had plenty of fitness issues too. As the old saying goes, 'fool me once...'

Last edited:
Is he injury prone? In what way is he slow? On the turn? Or just in acceleration? Is he slow and ponderous on the ball? Is he slower than Kim?

He's not slow, he just looks slow because of his frame.

He missed 20 games last season through injuries on his knee. I'm not sure we need another injury prone defender on our books.

If this were true I would agree....but is it. What is his real level? As at Ajax he looked fantastic.....thatis a while ago now though and at Juventus and Bayern which is a good 2/3seasons now, though by no means a poor defender, he hasnt looked great.

In a summer there are players like Braithwaite, Yoro, Diomonde, Inacio, Tapsoba, Silva and many others at possibly similar prices,,,,personally not sure DeLigt should be primary target. Strange as really wantedhim when at Ajax.....but cant deny......all these Ten Hagpast players links....no more thanks personally

If this were true I would agree....but is it. What is his real level? As at Ajax he looked fantastic.....thatis a while ago now though and at Juventus and Bayern which is a good 2/3seasons now, though by no means a poor defender, he hasnt looked great.

In a summer there are players like Braithwaite, Yoro, Diomonde, Inacio, Tapsoba, Silva and many others at possibly similar prices,,,,personally not sure DeLigt should be primary target. Strange as really wantedhim when at Ajax.....but cant deny......all these Ten Hagpast players links....no more thanks personally

I was talking about Kim Min-jae there. But neither de Ligt or him would be my primary target, I agree.

There's a reason Juventus and now Bayern moved him on, or at least trying too. He doesn't catch the eye whenever I've watched him play and I don't think that United are in a position to buy 'worth the risk' players, we need players to hit the floor running!

He was pushing for a move to Bayern wasn't he? There's a bayern fan here who says he was their best cb for the past two seasons.

Maybe I have it wrong. On the positive side Ten Hag knows how to use De Ligt well.
To be honest I haven’t followed his performances at all at juventus or bayern - it just seems odd for two top European clubs to sell apparently one of their best centre backs in the space of 2-3 years.

If he was fit and could play 40 games a season I’m sure he’d be a good signings but posts on here suggest otherwise (16 starts and 6 subs in the league this year isn’t fantastic)

He's great, Kim is potentially better(and faster, though De Ligt is by no means slow. He's quite fast) and the established big money CB you should sign is Bremer

Not worth the risk. Not sure I can remember the last time an injury-plagued player came to United and was magically cured. If anything, they get more and more lame. Do not want.

165bbe34-086d-4902-b68d-65e12e6c8007_text.gif

There's a reason Juventus and now Bayern moved him on, or at least trying too. He doesn't catch the eye whenever I've watched him play and I don't think that United are in a position to buy 'worth the risk' players, we need players to hit the floor running!
Juventus moved him on our bayern came calling and he pushed for a move?

250k a week + dodgy knee. The only way we should consider him would be as a loan with Bayern paying some of his salary

250k a week + dodgy knee. The only way we should consider him would be as a loan with Bayern paying some of his salary

Is it dodgy? I agree that it is something expertise should look into. But one knee injury in seven years as a senior is hardly a big deal?

I mean, van Dijk have suffered both ankle and knee injuries that was more heavy.

Don't understand Bayern trying to shift him on, he hasn't been poor by any measure. If the money is right I would love to have him here, he's a leader on the pitch and can help us in that respect. Can imagine him and Martinez striking a good partnership.

Where is this injury prone thing coming from? Since his move to Juventus, he has played 190 club games in 5 seasons. That's averaging 38 games a season. Hardly someone I would call injury prone.

He definitely hasn't kicked on to become the best CB in the world as was expected during his time at Ajax but he's still a solid CB. Plus given our current situation, we are in no position to expect the best in the world at any position to sign for us. We need to look at the level of players just below world class to bring us up to the level where we can consistently finish 2nd - 3rd in the league and reach the knockout stages of the CL. Then we should really be looking to buy world class players to bring us over the line in terms of winning trophies.

With that kind of strategy, De Ligt is the perfect signing for the next couple of seasons.

What does this even mean ?

Don't understand Bayern trying to shift him on, he hasn't been poor by any measure. If the money is right I would love to have him here, he's a leader on the pitch and can help us in that respect. Can imagine him and Martinez striking a good partnership.
If you can’t understand Bayern wanting to move him on, that alone should be enough of a red flag to nope out.

I’d be questioning why Bayern want rid considering Kim hasn’t had a decent season either

Cheeky loan deal would be interesting if he clears the medical. He was considered a generational talent! How opinions change.

Is it dodgy? I agree that it is something expertise should look into. But one knee injury in seven years as a senior is hardly a big deal?

I mean, van Dijk have suffered both ankle and knee injuries that was more heavy.

It's been bothering him throughout the season. De ligt is on huge salary, he's been injured and had been underwhelming at juve and Bayern. He represents a financial burden for Bayern and a risk for us. It's about time we start playing the same game German/Italian/ Spanish clubs love to play with us (greenwood, Sancho etc)

We should aim in taking him on loan, with option to buy and some of his salary paid by bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.