De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way we should take him up is a loan with an option.

He’s surplus to requirements at Bayern, on big wages and questionable past seasons in terms of injury to spend big cash on.

Would be a dream situation where we get him on loan and brainthwate to complete the cb signings.

No debating though that he’s a quality player with a lot to offer if fit and settled in.

If we buy another injury prone CB then we only have ourselves to blame...again.

Real actually quite often sell very good players to make space for the next shiny signing. Robben to Bayern is another prime example. It's not the case for all their transfers obviously, but you really can buy quality from them. It's not so often the case with Bayern, if they sell you usually should look at that very carefully.
The Robben/Sneijder summer was a bit of an unusual one, as it involved a new president (Perez) coming in and clearing out his predecessor's players to make room for his own. Odegaard to Arsenal is the only "value" transfer I can think of from them in recent years that fits the bill.

Real actually quite often sell very good players to make space for the next shiny signing. Robben to Bayern is another prime example. It's not the case for all their transfers obviously, but you really can buy quality from them. It's not so often the case with Bayern, if they sell you usually should look at that very carefully.
It is more about United being shit at buying and handing out contracts. Both Real and Bayern have sold „good“ players. Kroos, Hummels, Özil, Robben et al.

Surely he’s way down the list. Feel like he lacks the rigour to play in the Prem.

Simple fact is that Bayern wouldn’t let him go unless for some ulterior motive, stay the fvck away unless it’s heavily in our favour like a loan deal, every other club always want to loan our players so it’s time we started to do the same

So he is allegedly available for €50mil (£43mil). Very similar to the amount we offered for Branthwaite with add-ons. Hmmm....

As others have posted, you have to question why both Juventus and Bayern would be willing to let him go....

I worry about De Ligt's recent injuries - I still suffer from Owen Hargreaves flashbacks. If he's so great, why are Bayern Munich letting him go?
That's what 99% of Bayern fans dont understand either.
There are rumors that Eberl should reduce our wage bills a bit and therefore could "trade" de Ligt for Tah.

So he is allegedly available for €50mil (£43mil). Very similar to the amount we offered for Branthwaite with add-ons. Hmmm....

As others have posted, you have to question why both Juventus and Bayern would be willing to let him go....

He’s not allegedly available for €50m. United allegedly valued him for €50m. Not sure how much Bayern are willing to sell but I also think should be around €50m.

If I’m not mistaken his final season at Juventus was a good season and he only had 2 years left in his contract so it was probably the right time to sell him. Bayern bought him in the first place because Nagelsmann wanted him, Nagelsmann is no longer the manager so they probably wanted to get rid of him due to his wages given they already have 5 centre backs in total now.

I'd love to no what monitoring involves

Do they put a tail on him? Bug his agents office ? Infiltrate his family with a club spy?

Intriguing stuff.

Calorie intake and calorie loss, how many steps taken in a day, waist and trouser size of him and his father

He would have to agree to go on a Jane plan before signing probably.

Looks like he'd fight Luke Shaw for cake.

Imagine the optics of rewarding ETH's utter failure with a new contract, but under the pretence of forcing him to work under a mythical new structure.

But in reality that mythical new structure still blows £50m a pop on more of his ex players and more crocks.

Last edited:
Which is more effective... Monitoring or keeping tabs on?

"Keeping tabs" just means you refresh multiple pages on Google. "Monitor" is when you get a giant venomous lizard on the case.

You’re telling me with a straight face you’d rather have Chalobah than De Ligt? Christ…

Yes, I am.

Some players reputation doesn't leave them even if they do nothing else major in their career. This guy fits perfectly in that mold.

Ajax's historical 2018 semi-final run is proving to be a real curse for us. First came Dvb who proved to be a total waste of space completely unsuited for this league. Then the orchestrator of that historical run made us chase Fdj the whole summer, thankfully this time the players undying love for Barcelona saved us (He also got us Antony for 80m, but that's for another thread). And now we are linked with this player who couldn't make the grade at Juve and Bayern. Although, he is good with the ball on the feet, rest of his game leaves must to be desired. On top, he is slow and will be found out in a high line just like Maguire did despite his "great ball playing skills". Getting any player without a good recovery pace will lead us in the same soup that the Lindelof and Maguire signings landed us.

I hope this is simply a lazy link due to his previous association with TH or some ploy by INEOS to get Everton to lower the Brainthwaite fee.

I am not saying he is my first choice - but to call him injury-prone ? Before this season he had played 184 league matches in 6 seasons. He missed 2 for Ajax in 2 seasons - 28 for Juve in 3 seasons and 3 for Bayern last season.

So before this season - he has missed 33 matches in 6 years (at least 3 of them were down to suspensions) . And most of the matches he missed this season was down to a ligament-injury that kept him out 2 months.

So anyone calling him injury-prone really have high demands.

I am not saying he is my first choice - but to call him injury-prone ? Before this season he had played 184 league matches in 6 seasons. He missed 2 for Ajax in 2 seasons - 28 for Juve in 3 seasons and 3 for Bayern last season.

So before this season - he has missed 33 matches in 6 years (at least 3 of them were down to suspensions) . And most of the matches he missed this season was down to a ligament-injury that kept him out 2 months.

At least three people also said that he lost his spot to Dier. A lot of very informed posters in here.

"Bayern are looking to sell...."

d613466b-9c46-4dea-8f2a-ba1ff94eff78_text.gif

:lol:

Most probably just games so Everton don’t try and screw us too much with Branthwaite

He missed at least 10 games due to an "inner knee ligament tear". Which happened initially in November and then recurred in April.

Bayern played 49 games last season. For whatever reasons De Ligt only played 90 minutes 17 times. A CB who only completes 90 min in a third of your games? Doesnt sound great for keeping a consistent back line.

For comparisons, he played 500 fewer minutes than Maguire and 300 fewer minutes than Varane last season. Even though both of them had injury problems and periods where they were benched.

It's clear Bayern know he's crocked or a crock-in-waiting.

He missed at least 10 games due to an "inner knee ligament tear". Which happened initially in November and then recurred in April.

Bayern played 49 games last season. For whatever reasons De Ligt only played 90 minutes 17 times. A CB who only completes 90 min in a third of your games? Doesnt sound great for keeping a consistent back line.

For comparisons, he played 500 fewer minutes than Maguire and 300 fewer minutes than Varane last season. Even though both of them had injury problems and periods where they were benched.

It's clear Bayern know he's crocked or a crock-in-waiting.
This - and Bayern have a history of flogging crocked players to us, with Hargreaves and Schweinsteiger. We need to be very wary if we are looking at De Ligt.

he seems a bit slow for this high line that ETH wants to play and yes the Bayern want rid is a big red flag

Already washed at 24, maybe those United scouts knew what they were talking about :lol:

Was probably Bayern's best CB in the Quarter and Semi-finals vs Arsenal and Real Madrid, where he looked no worse than the likes of Saliba/Gabriel. Everyone who bothers to follow the Bundesliga even a tiny bit would never reach the conclusion that he's a flop.

Bayern/Kompany seem to think they can do some smart business, and Kompany might prefer other options but de Ligt is an incredibly solid defender, who in different leagues/competitions has very few mistakes in him. I wouldn't say that he's special, in the sense that he has any attributes that separate him from other top defenders, but he's very solid and all-round.

Was probably Bayern's best CB in the Quarter and Semi-finals vs Arsenal and Real Madrid, where he looked no worse than the likes of Saliba/Gabriel. Everyone who bothers to follow the Bundesliga even a tiny bit would never reach the conclusion that he's a flop.

Bayern/Kompany seem to think they can do some smart business, and Kompany might prefer other options but de Ligt is an incredibly solid defender, who in different leagues/competitions has very few mistakes in him. I wouldn't say that he's special, in the sense that he has any attributes that separate him from other top defenders, but he's very solid and all-round.

He can't stay fit for any decent period of time so the point is moot, that's likely why they are shipping him out

He can't stay fit for any decent period of time so the point is moot, that's likely why they are shipping him out
Think that he's had one season for Bayern with a lot of injuries, which was this season. Hardly translates to your statement. But maybe they might see some worrying signs, and would prefer to sell whilst he has some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.