De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed ‘been a flop at juventus and Bayern. They don’t sell their best players’ for the bonus point.

And don’t forget he’s as slow as Maguire. That should definitely net you a point at least.

Think he would be a fine addition to the squad for all points mentioned above by other posters. Bit concerned at his lack of playing time recently but worth the price.

I have a few worries on this transfer.

De Ligt was a one time golden boy. Didn’t really stick at Juventus, now being moved on at Bayern. They don’t usually sell unless they feel the player is on the downside. Pace is potentially an issue… I really think his positioning is excellent as well as his distribution.

We are being linked with Araujo as well, I think I’d prefer him. His nasty steak would fit well with Lisandro.

This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again :lol:

Good video as always - probably a bit more negative than I expected though!

I am happy with this transfer though provided the price is right. Could be a useful upgrade on current options.

This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Ill be kind of excited about this transfer btw. I think he's class but still a bit raw despite playing for multiple top clubs already. Feels like most CBs dont really peak until their late 20s or even early 30s anyway. Might have something to do with just becoming a more confident cnt as you get older.

At that price an easy buy despite some reservations. I do think there is a lot of Maguire in him, not quite as agile and mobile as you would like but he is still a massive upgrade on Evans/Lindelof if nothing else.

He shagged Koeman's sister.

(De Vrij is preferred)
Koeman wanted De Vrij to shag his sister?

Wait, do I mean that Koeman wanted De Vrij to shag Koeman's or De Vrij's sister?

Doesn’t start for Netherlands because he piped David Moyes’ daughter.

I think how he'd play in the PL in a side that's supposed to be on the front foot would be slightly worrying from an athleticism viewpoint. It's a good price on paper but if he's caught napping by quick players it doesn't matter does it?

How isn't he starting for Netherlands? Injury related? Or De Vrij just preferred?
Netherlands could put together a decent lineup with the players they had on the bench:

Bijlow
Geertruida de Ligt van de Ven Maatsen
Wijnaldum Veerman Gravenberch
Frimpong Weghorst Malen
Koeman has his favourites.

Netherlands could put together a decent lineup with the players they had on the bench:

Bijlow
Geertruida de Ligt van de Ven Maatsen
Wijnaldum Veerman Gravenberch
Frimpong Weghorst Malen
Koeman has his favourites.

We have different definitions of decent.

To my surprise we haven't played 352 but Dumfries plays very high on the pitch, which is why de Vry kinda plays as a RCB that also covers for the RB. De Vrij is more comfortable in this than de Ligt.

I think that's the main argument.

I feel like de Ligt is an 7/8 in nearly every aspect, aerially, strength, agression, ball playing, covering zonal area's, composure, goalscoring, rushes, speed.

But then you will have someone like van de Ven, who looks like the fastest defender on the planet which is a huge weapon. Or Ake who's super athletic, agile and smooth on the ball. Timber who's extremely fast, agile, and a great dribbler who can take the ball forward.

Not to mention Geertruida, Botman and later the likes of Hato/Beukema/Schuurs/Teze who can really develop. When de Vrij and van Dijk are too old, there will still be so many great options.
That‘s right we Dutch are blessed with a multitude of defenders. We should retrain some of those feckers into strikers, we‘d be all set.

We have different definitions of decent.
That team on paper is better than the Turkey starting eleven and arguably as good as the Switzerland starting eleven, and I don’t even know who half of them are.

Sounds like this player is injury prone. Do not want.
Obviously injury prone, slow and a Dutch ex-Ajax player, also got benched for Eric fecking Dier.
Can we please move on?

Anything less than 40 million is an absolute bargain. He's obviously got to prove a few doubters wrong but it we can get the best out of him he's a proven leader.

Good distribution is needed from the back and I'd say that's one of his strong points.

£40 million is a good price. Hopefully he can hack it in the Premier League.

I have a few worries on this transfer.

De Ligt was a one time golden boy. Didn’t really stick at Juventus, now being moved on at Bayern. They don’t usually sell unless they feel the player is on the downside. Pace is potentially an issue… I really think his positioning is excellent as well as his distribution.

We are being linked with Araujo as well, I think I’d prefer him. His nasty steak would fit well with Lisandro.
What, Araujo is also a butcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.