De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ito was about 30 millions. Tah is expected to cost about 25 millions. Palhinha looks close, too, for something about 55 millions. In addition to Olise, who should be announced quite soon and should cost roughly 60 millions. We’re also in the race for Xavi Simons and Gruda from Mainz.
So that’s all part of the reason we’re willing to let De Ligt leave. We’re having a major squad overhaul.
Good signings, don't necessarily think Tah is better than de Ligt though and I would have said prior to us being linked to him.

Bayern fans not happy. I've watched Upamecano with France and you can see that when he's on his game he's a very very good defender blessed with absolutely ridiculous recovery pace. It's just, you know, the brain farts and all. Get the impression it's the same with Kim.

The more i hear the more confident I am this could be a good signing. He's not as slow on the turn as Maguire and is not as error prone, and is more of a leader and an aggressive ball winner compared to Lindelof. What's not to like, really?

Yeah after missing on Yoro I’m more than happy to do this one considering the few and he’s reducing wages.

Make sure to include screenshots of his payslip. Don't bother me with what someone on Twitter says!

Maybe you should remember what we agreed to...

As I said I like De Ligt. The most important aspects he will bring is replacing Varane’s aerial ability and a physical presence and ruggedness we lack.

Martinez was our only aggressive CB last season and that is a big thing to lack in the PL. Varane, Lindelof and Evans all take it easy on their markers. Maguire tries to be aggressive but he’s just rash and slow so doesn’t really have much effect.

Pairing De Ligt with Martinez would add that physicality needed to win the first balls more aggressively. The same holds true if we bring in Ugarte. The most understated quality of Arsenal is how physical they are even though they are a great technical side. Strikers get manhandled by their central triangle of Saliba, Gabriel and Rice/Partey.

I just hope his he and his agency aren’t coming here to do their usual two/three year stint before fecking off somewhere else and making more money. If those are his intentions I’d rather we get someone else.

How isn't he starting for Netherlands? Injury related? Or De Vrij just preferred?

I think because De Ligt is better in a back four whilst De Vrij has often played in a back three like Koeman likes to play but then Koeman is also a bit mental when it comes to selection as Frimpong, Botman, Zirkzee and a few others don’t make his team either.

If Holland were playing the traditional 4-3-3 that they’re famous for then De Ligt and Zirkzee both start I think and whoever replaces Koeman after the Euro’s will almost certainly go back to 4-3-3.
Holland also have one of the quickest CB in the world and the fastest player in PL history i.e. Van Der Ven.

Koemans selections are odd to say the least

Ito was about 30 millions. Tah is expected to cost about 25 millions. Palhinha looks close, too, for something about 55 millions. In addition to Olise, who should be announced quite soon and should cost roughly 60 millions. We’re also in the race for Xavi Simons and Gruda from Mainz.
So that’s all part of the reason we’re willing to let De Ligt leave. We’re having a major squad overhaul.
Ito was €23.5m.

How isn't he starting for Netherlands? Injury related? Or De Vrij just preferred?
How about reading the last pages? Feels like this question has been asked and answered 10 times already.

I don't know how the Dutch lads on here view it , but as an outsider , even though he's not playing regularly . He looks the obvious future replacement for 33 year old van dyke positionally and for the armband .

How about reading the last pages? Feels like this question has been asked and answered 10 times already.
How about just answer the question if you know the answer

If you won’t put the effort in then why should they?
No idea if it's been answered, if so no idea how many pages back. Put in the effort :lol:- as if I'm training for the marathon.

Just a simple question with a simple answer, too hard for folk apparently.

I think Kamwalla is being overlooked too much in centre half conversations. I want him to get football this season, and if not, he should go on loan to do so. He has the attributes that I want from the RCB that we need, but is a bit unpolished of course. He has shown moments of encouragement though, and in terms of profile, is the best partner we have for Martinez, including De Ligt. He needs more experience and refining first.

No idea if it's been answered, if so no idea how many pages back. Put in the effort :lol:- as if I'm training for the marathon.

It’s just a bit odd when posters treat a forum as though it’s their own personal chatbot. It’s a discussion forum and you can find lots of interesting takes about his omission from his national side just by reading a page or two. Maybe you’ll find something there you want to expand on.

It’s just a bit odd when posters treat a forum as though it’s their own personal chatbot. It’s a discussion forum and you can find lots of interesting takes about his omission from his national side just by reading a page or two. Maybe you’ll find something there you want to expand on.
So it's a discussion forum where you can't ask questions about the topic?

You're right that is a bit odd

I'm pretty sure his clause was €30m

Edit: Or with some bonus at least

I simply took it from transfermarkt.de. They are somewhat reliable when it comes to fees of completed transfers. Obviously I don’t know any better.

So it's a discussion forum where you can't ask questions about the topic?

You're right that is a bit odd
Sure you could if it hasn't been answered already. Just as easily you could have skimmed the last two pages to see if it hasn't been answered.

You have to claim that he lost his starting spot to Dier and call him injury prone. Then you have achieved the holy trifecta in this thread. ;)

You have to claim that he lost his starting spot to Dier and call him injury prone. Then you have achieved the holy trifecta in this thread. ;)
You missed ‘been a flop at juventus and Bayern. They don’t sell their best players’ for the bonus point.

Wouldn’t Simons and Musiala occupy the same/similar spaces in a 10 type role?

Wouldn’t Simons and Musiala occupy the same/similar spaces in a 10 type role?
Nagelsmann has Musiala and Wirtz playing with Gündogan. Musiala can drift to the left (where Davies offers width anyways) like Ribery while Simons could play more central and Olise on the right wing.

Nagelsmann has Musiala and Wirtz playing with Gündogan. Musiala can drift to the left (where Davies offers width anyways) like Ribery while Simons could play more central and Olise on the right wing.
Aargh thanks, figured Musiala would probably be able to play in from wide. Also why someone like Palhinha would offer extra cover as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.