De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone lands on your leg you run a good chance of getting injured, thats not injury prone.

further the other injury that kept him out was also an impact injury and that can happen to anyone in the right circumstances and then the comeback was botched as the operation to fox it failed.

Impact injuries are not a sign someone is injury prone, café logic is someone breaks one of our players legs and he is out for a while injury prone

Don‘t waste your breath. A lot of people who probably have seen him play 4 games have all the best takes. They tell us that he lost his spot to Dier (which is a lie) and that he is injury prone without checking what caused those injuries.
Or they just rumble in here with their hot takes without having read a single post. It is pointless. Save yourself the pain and ignore these people. :lol:

One of those players who built a reputation at 18 but never lived up to it. Juve were still able to offload him on that hype but Bayern got struck with him. Eric Dier went from "Harry Kane needs a friend" to a regular starter over him. Then like for many other clubs, United have come as a Messiah to help out Bayern get rid of him while he has 3 years still remaining on his hefty contract. But he should finally be able to settle at a club as we are notoriously terrible sellers.
Why are you lying?

Would love to see him here. Despite having underperformed since his move from Ajax, he’s still relatively young and has all the qualities to be a good, reliable and stable presence at the back alongside Licha. Ten Hag, I’m assuming, will also know how to get the best out of him.

I just hope we don’t get him on some crazy wages though.
I’d have said the same about Antony but hopefully De Ligt will do better If we get him.

Check the German Transfermarkt forum (via Google translate). I'd say it's 50/50 over there. And then there are of course the type of Bayern fans that didn't want Kovac go... Or did not want to sign Manuel Neuer back then. It's true that he is a fan favorite but it's not really justified by his performances on the pitch.

If you check Transfermarkt, you'll see that one half of the fans does not understand why he seems to have such a high status with the other half of fans, which as I said, is highly sentimental.

He had a few iconic moments, some beautiful goals, he's a fighter, identifies with the club, was a Bayern Fan as a kid etc.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, don't get me wrong. If he were willing to play for half his salary, I'd be happy for him to stay. But for the current price, the upside compared to players costing half his salary is simply not enough, e.g. when comparing to Eric Dier who's much cheaper salary wise.

I was reading the thread in the Bayern Munich fans forum which claims to be the biggest forum. Couldn’t find one post on there that wanted him to leave.

I don’t mind him as a player but I wouldn’t be chucking £43m at him when he’s on £250k a week.

There doesn’t appear to be interest from anywhere else and Bayern need to sell.

Max £30m for me or walk away to other targets.

You selling him as your best defender.

Now tell me why is Bayern keen on selling him?

And don't start with the ad homien attacks like a loser. If you are not capable of talking like an adult then don't quote my post again.

You have been told over and over. If you are not capable of retaining information just because it doesn't fit your narrative then you will ruin every thread you are in.

Why are you?

Why is Bayern selling this genius? Your "best defender".

Of the last 6 games Bayern played - De Ligt started 4 and was on the bench in one (he started both against Real) . In the match he was on the bench - he had company by...Dier.

Generally - Bayern either played Dier and De Ligt or Upamecano and Jae - De Ligt was almost never on the bench while Dier was playing

Isn't he extremely slow on the turn? If so, he's not what we need next to Martinez. We need someone with great recovery pace, especially if we want to push the back line up.

... Eric Dier went from "Harry Kane needs a friend" to a regular starter over him...
Wtf are you talking about thats just not true.
In the final third of the season de Ligt + Dier started all important games and Upamecano and Kim were benched.

You call all Bayern fans not sharing your oponion liars and are now - statistically provable - lie to "prove" your opinion.
Clown.

So - just so I understand the criticism against De Ligt.....

De Ligt was a flop at Juventus
He played regularly all 3 seasons - and averaged 29 league matches a season
During those 3 seasons he won the league once - and Juventus had 2nd, 2nd and 4th best defensive record (just 6 goals worse than the best team) in those 3 seasons

De Ligt was a flop at Bayern
Despite playing 31 out of 34 games the first season and winning the league
Oh and Bayern had the best defensive record

De Ligt lost his place to Dier this season, because he was bad (despite Dier only playing 2 matches more than De Ligt when they were both at the club)
He is injury-prone - because he missed 12 league matches in the last season - mostly because of an operation of a dislocated shoulder. He played 19 games in 5 months after returning from the operation
Despite being injury-prone and apparently crap since he lost his place to Dier - he played 22 out of 34 league matches for Bayern last season. Not bad if you are injury-prone and crap.

Did that sum it up ? :)

During those 3 seasons he won the league once - and Juventus had 2nd, 2nd and 4th best defensive record (just 6 goals worse than the best team) in those 3 seasons

De Ligt lost his place to Dier this season, because he was bad (despite Dier only playing 2 matches more than De Ligt when they were both at the club)
He is injury-prone - because he missed 12 league matches in the last season - mostly because of an operation of a dislocated shoulder. He played 19 games in 5 months after returning from the operation
Despite being injury-prone and apparently crap since he lost his place to Dier - he played 22 out of 34 league matches for Bayern last season. Not bad if you are injury-prone and crap.

That sums it up, nicely.

I wouldn’t like to say.

I would be interested to know your views on De Ligt though and how he would do in the PL with Martinez? Sorry if you’ve already mentioned it.
I didn’t really watch United so I cannot speak on his fit with ETH or Martinez.

My views on de Ligt are well documented I guess ( :lol: ), so you are only getting the executive summary.

In my opinion de Ligt was Bayern‘s best defender for the last two season. He is still young, a leader and seems to be a great guy. When he was fit he started unless it was an unimportant game where he got some rest.

Regarding his injuries: he had two bigger ones. Both caused by collisions. That is why I wouldn’t call him injury prone. It is not like he keeps on tearing muscles or ligaments while jogging. I kinda remember reading that Juve‘s docs fecked up his shoulder dislocation and he had to have a second surgery.

Regarding Juve and Bayern willing to sell him: De Ligt has always been a Bayern fan and it is documented that he wanted to play there. Ajax to Juve was a step up to a better league and he took it. When Juve realized that he would not extend his contract they sold him with two years left. Normal and responsible business.

Why does Bayern want to sell if he is that great? Good question! The fans are not happy about it. I know I am not.
From a fiscal perspective it makes sense though. He has been good to great but is on great to world class wages (€15m gross, about £250k per week). Kahn and Brazzo had been handing out high contracts (Coman, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka et al.) like candies and the new bosses want to trim the wage bill. De Ligt is expensive and a sellable asset.

In my opinion Kim and Upa have higher potential. But they either give you a 2/10 or a 9/10 performance. De Ligt is always between 6/10 and 8/10. Maybe Kompany thinks he can get those brain farts out of them. He might play a different system, too. Bayern has a lot of CBs (or players that can play there): Kim, Upa, Dier, Ito, Stanisic, de Ligt and is allegedly looking to bring in Tah. De Ligt is the highest paid one and can generate a good fee. Enter United…

I think you guys will buy him and I will be sad to see him go.

I salute you!

Isn't he extremely slow on the turn? If so, he's not what we need next to Martinez. We need someone with great recovery pace, especially if we want to push the back line up.
No

Bizarrely the Muppetiers Twitter definitely has some form of source (even if its just to say that there is some news coming in the next twenty minutes as happened with the takeover saga). Not to be confused with the Muppetiers Reddit which was a bunch of chancers.
So at best his source is someone telling him that someone else is about to publish a story.

Not a chance he knows the inner workings of transfer deals going on inside the club.

People are so gullible.

I didn’t really watch United so I cannot speak on his fit with ETH or Martinez.

My views on de Ligt are well documented I guess ( :lol: ), so you are only getting the executive summary.

In my opinion de Ligt was Bayern‘s best defender for the last two season. He is still young, a leader and seems to be a great guy. When he was fit he started unless it was an unimportant game where he got some rest.

Regarding his injuries: he had two bigger ones. Both caused by collisions. That is why I wouldn’t call him injury prone. It is not like he keeps on tearing muscles or ligaments while jogging. I kinda remember reading that Juve‘s docs fecked up his shoulder dislocation and he had to have a second surgery.

Regarding Juve and Bayern willing to sell him: De Ligt has always been a Bayern fan and it is documented that he wanted to play there. Ajax to Juve was a step up to a better league and he took it. When Juve realized that he would not extend his contract they sold him with two years left. Normal and responsible business.

Why does Bayern want to sell if he is that great? Good question! The fans are not happy about it. I know I am not.
From a fiscal perspective it makes sense though. He has been good to great but is on great to world class wages (€15m gross, about £250k per week). Kahn and Brazzo had been handing out high contracts (Coman, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka et al.) like candies and the new bosses want to trim the wage bill. De Ligt is expensive and a sellable asset.

In my opinion Kim and Upa have higher potential. But they either give you a 2/10 or a 9/10 performance. De Ligt is always between 6/10 and 8/10. Maybe Kompany thinks he can get those brain farts out of them. He might play a different system, too. Bayern has a lot of CBs (or players that can play there): Kim, Upa, Dier, Ito, Stanisic, de Ligt and is allegedly looking to bring in Tah. De Ligt is the highest paid one and can generate a good fee. Enter United…

I think you guys will buy him and I will be sad to see him go.

Thanks both.

Sounds like great business and a solid Varane replacement in that case. Still only 24 too.

So at best his source is someone telling him that someone else is about to publish a story.

Not a chance he knows the inner workings of transfer deals going on inside the club.

People are so gullible.
By the same account any type of “ITK” is seen this way & you could say the same about cynics…..

Status
Not open for further replies.