De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 year old Yoro would not be playing every game. We will and should allow him to grow. But first he will need to make his way back to fitness after surgery. Some says November heard could be till January
Old myth! The young players we are looking for, like Yoro, are in our sights precisely because they have been given trust and playing time despite their age. Everton also had a young player we were interested in, but he was priced too high. If we bring in extremely young players only to put them on the bench, they won't improve, their development will stall, and progress will be minimal. You shouldn't play a 16-19 year old 2-3 games a week; you take care of them, and the same applies to Mainoo as well.

Like I said it’s a prediction. I’m not talking about right now. Records and legends are there to be bettered.
Fair play for sticking your neck out.

They have to win the UCL and prem for that so I pray you’re correct!

It just seems so strange to me that these people can have no pride. I mean how much money do you need? I would have thought/hoped that he would push his agents for a move so that he could be first choice somewhere else, but obviously he would have to accept a massive pay cut.
Oh well, this is the De Ligt thread and I am really happy that we are getting this guy, I think together with Yoro when he is fit again we will finally have a great defensive line that are able to withstand press.
Seems so strange to me that people who have achieved absolutely nothing in life and are basically an anonymous name on the Internet think that their markers for things like success and pride are relevant in the slightest.

This is a guy who has been in the top few % of various groups since he was a kid. He's captained his country and one of the biggest clubs in the world. Played for years at the highest level in football and it's made him wealthier than you or I will ever hope to be.

You sitting at home deciding what is or isn't the morally correct or prideful thing to do is utterly bizarre. I imagine he has a hell of a lot of pride in what he's achieved in life.

Football fans are hilarious.

That’s a horrible prediction, one of the worst Ive ever seen.

The whole point of the prediction is that you can’t say such a silly thing. We have no idea how good an 18-year-old and a 24-year-old are going to be; but what we know now is that they are two super talents and the world is there oyster.
He’s not fecking saying Will Fish & Lindelöf are gonna be Vidic and Rio is he? :lol:

Be nice to him, he is a great guy. He didn’t live up to the hype (
Seems so strange to me that people who have achieved absolutely nothing in life and are basically an anonymous name on the Internet think that their markers for things like success and pride are relevant in the slightest.

This is a guy who has been in the top few % of various groups since he was a kid. He's captained his country and one of the biggest clubs in the world. Played for years at the highest level in football and it's made him wealthier than you or I will ever hope to be.

You sitting at home deciding what is or isn't the morally correct or prideful thing to do is utterly bizarre. I imagine he has a hell of a lot of pride in what he's achieved in life.

They are chasing the ball on the grass and a lot of anonymus people achieved and contribuded more to world than your average footballers
Wierd take.

So that seems the CB positions might actually be sorted for a few seasons, depending on injuries of course. Still need to address most of the team still but it’s refreshing to potentially have one area of the team ‘fixed’ going into a season.

You keep posting the same drivel over and over when people have explained to you time and time again why he is better. At this point you're wumming and it's just tiresome. De Ligt is Bayern's best defender and was in Bundesliga Team of the Season along with the likes of Bellingham, Musiala, Frimpong, Schlotterbeck, Diaby and Kolo Muani while Maguire is a literal meme with 15 minute compilations of errors, mistakes, shit touches, laughable decision making and general clownery.
Embarrassing post

Prediction, DeLigt and Yoro will be the client we’ve got to Vidic - Rio, and may go on to be even better. Martinez will eventually not be first choice.

Not talking straight away, I’m talking about when we’re looking back on their careers.
I think Martinez is our best CB. He and Fernandes are the only two players I personally consider world class

Also consider that United ideally would love to get Branthwaite in (in the unlikely event that Maguire and Lindelof are sold, they’ll probably try again this month) meaning that the idea is likely one left footed and one right footed defender. Martinez/Branthwaite left and De Ligt/Yoro right

I think Martinez is our best CB. He and Fernandes are the only two players I personally consider world class

Also consider that United ideally would love to get Branthwaite in (in the unlikely event that Maguire and Lindelof are sold, they’ll probably try again this month) meaning that the idea is likely one left footed and one right footed defender. Martinez/Branthwaite left and De Ligt/Yoro right
That’s why I said “prediction”. I’m not talking straight away

Prediction, DeLigt and Yoro will be the client we’ve got to Vidic - Rio, and may go on to be even better. Martinez will eventually not be first choice.

Not talking straight away, I’m talking about when we’re looking back on their careers.
On paper you'd have to say De Ligt, Yoro and Martinez are quite easily the best CB group we've had since the Vidic and Ferdinand days, really excellent depth with the eldest only being 26.

On paper you'd have to say De Ligt, Yoro and Martinez are quite easily the best CB group we've had since the Vidic and Ferdinand days, really excellent depth with the eldest only being 26.
Agreed. But I believe 2 of them are will go on to form a long standing partnership

An underrated aspect of these signings is how much tactical flexibility both players will give us. We can comfortably play just about any formation now and not be worried about personnel or shape.

We now have a CB group that can at least compare with some of the best out there. City's group is still the creme de la creme but we're getting close.

MDL + Mazraoui for the price of 1 Branthwaite isn't too shabby...

Getting De Ligt and Mazraoui for a combined £50 million is excellent business finance wise seeing as Bayern wanted £50 million for De Ligt alone at one point, it does fill me with confidence going forward in regards to how the new structure conducts our business.

Amazing isn’t.

Sat at home, covered in crisps and surrounded by empty coke cans, demanding the highest standards and questioning the character of people they’ve never met.

The old “I’ll reserve judgment” type phrases also make me laugh. Sound so pompous, even if not intended that way by the poster!

Glad we’re getting this over the line.

So far all the signings look like they’ll gradually help us to raise the bar. Which is a sensible approach.

No more charging around like madmen looking for the magic fix, irrespective of cost or logic.

The ‘instant success’ crowd might not like it but this is the way

I've been thinking for a while of the transfer choices made, how they're also aligned with having the option to use Martinez, either as LB, but specifically also as an inverted LCB. We're getting some direly needed flexibility in set up, both in case of injuries and tactical assessments.

good to get this one over the line. I would have signed him regardless of Yoro's injury, just to give Leny time to develop and grow into a starting role rather than putting too much pressure on him right away, but the injury made it a no-brainer. De Ligt was a fan favourite at Bayern for a reason, he's a bit of throwback defender, a fighter and a leader. I think he and Martinez will complement each other really well. Solid fee and payment structure too.

I think we're slowly building solid CB depth. De Ligt and Yoro at RCB, Martinez at LCB is a good foundation going forward ... just need one more LCB at some point, pobably next summer. For this season, Maguire and Evans will do, I guess.

Could Yoro getting injured have played a part or we would have gotten him regardless?
Because we have 6 CBs now.

Could Yoro getting injured have played a part or we would have gotten him regardless?
Possible, but personally I doubt it. We had 6 CBs last season as well, lost 2 and added 2. Evans will be gone next season and possibly one or both of Maguire and Lindelof too.

My bet is that we would've gotten him anyway... I highly dobt ETH thinks Lindelöf and Maguire are the players he wants to pick. I could also see the logic in getting Hermoso which can cover the left as well...

Shaw, Malacia, Hermoso, De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez, Evans, Dalot and Mazraoui would be a nice set of defenders that hopefully could last a season. Lindelöf and Maguire have to take a deep look at themselves and think "Am I good enough to start for this club, are the other players better than me?" and then move on. But sadly I don't think they do and sadly this is real life and not Football Manager

Last edited:

Well seeing as you know absolutely nothing about me you are making some very big assumptions of your own pal. I am not even going to get in to who I am or what I achieved in life because I don't intend to justify myself to someone who is clearly clueless and has completely missed the point of what I wrote.

De Ligt and Yoro better than arguably the best CB pairing in EPL history? Vidic and Ferdinand are both individually easily in the Top 5 CBs of the premier league era and most people will claim that one of them is in the number one spot and on top of that as a partnership they were greater than the sum of their parts. It’s a bold claim if ever I saw one.

That’s a horrible prediction, one of the worst Ive ever seen.

Fair play for sticking your neck out.

They have to win the UCL and prem for that so I pray you’re correct!

The whole point of the prediction is that you can’t say such a silly thing. We have no idea how good an 18-year-old and a 24-year-old are going to be; but what we know now is that they are two super talents and the world is there oyster.
He’s not fecking saying Will Fish & Lindelöf are gonna be Vidic and Rio is he? :lol:

Thread 'United Post Ferguson CB Rank Off'
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-post-ferguson-cb-rank-off.484154/

Would love to hear all your thoughts about who would be our top 5 based on the post Ferdinand and Vidic era!

Status
Not open for further replies.