De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
/shrug

https://www.transfermarkt.us/matthijs-de-ligt/verletzungen/spieler/326031

23/24 - 4 injuries, 20 games missed
22/23 - 3 injuries, 5 games missed
21/22 - 1 injury, 2 games mised
20/21 - 4 injuries, 28 games missed
That is not „stereotypical injury prone“ as you called it. You might want to check the definition. Last year wasn‘t good but the two years before he missed 7 games in total.
The long injury at Juve was a shoulder dislocation. Hardly a reoccuring worry.

So the interest on this one is indeed real

He is entering his prime and is a good to great CB. His wages are (very) high but Bayern is reasonable when it comes to fees.
It would suck to see him leave. He was Bayern‘s best defender last season. It seems Bayern wants/needs the fee and Kompany prefers other CBs.

Incoming "I told you all, ETH is still in charge of recruitment" posts

Important to note that Ornstein says De Ligt is independent to the Branthwaite move which again confirms that we're after two centre backs.

Good, I think he'll surprise a lot of people, he has a very high floor.

More extortionate than what we’ve paid for the likes of Sanchez, DDG, and Rashford in recent years? What’s he on at Bayern ?
We should from stuff like that. If we give him crazy wages nothing will change.

We would be his 4th club and he is only 24y. He is probably high maintance.

Is it just me or is Ornstein posting a lot of 'possibles' compared to his usual factual reporting

Yeah let’s go for another player who’s not been that good, has a recent injury record and a top club are willing to let go.

Yeah let’s go for another player who’s not been that good, has a recent injury record and a top club are willing to let go.
That was my impression but there's a Bayern fan here who has watched him far more than us who is saying otherwise.

I find it underwhelming all the same.

That was my impression but there's a Bayern fan here who has watched him far more than us who is saying otherwise.

I find it underwhelming all the same.

Yeah it’s just so on brand for us.

I think he'd do really well here if he manages to stay consistently fit. I think he's getting a bit underrated on here at the mo.

Of course £350k or so wages have to be a no go, if thats an accurate figure. When has anyone on a mega contract with us done well?

I'm all for this. Right center back, still young but tons of experience and a leader, physical has all the traits we need in that role... Negative would be kind of an injury concern? But profile wise he absolutely fits next to Martinez.

This one is only 24 rather than the usual 30 year olds. This one to me is more "Robben/Sneijder leaving Madrid" than the old guys leaving.

I'm all for this. Right center back, still young but tons of experience and a leader, physical has all the traits we need in that role... Negative would be kind of an injury concern? But profile wise he absolutely fits next to Martinez.

I have a feeling this will happen, to be honest. At least a decent, potentially a great RCB option if we can get him for a reasonable fee, and it would allow us to add one more centre back this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.