De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll end up signing him and he'll be injured half the season on an even higher salary than Varane was on. Because that's what we do.
If we overpay for him on top with a way too long contract, yes, sounds like a United player

Any followers of the Italian league know why Juventus sold him to Bayern? Did he underwhelm there, was it the injuries, his high wages or did Juventus just need the money?
He wasn’t going to extend his contract so they cashed in.

Any followers of the Italian league know why Juventus sold him to Bayern? Did he underwhelm there, was it the injuries, his high wages or did Juventus just need the money?
His move to juventus was always transitory, everyone knew it. He decided it was time to leave and giuvents needed the money

You would have to question why two European giants would be letting a young highly talented CB go.

Where there is smoke there is fire....

Who is considered to be more reliable regarding Bayern news between Falk and Plettenberg? The latter said they want €50m for him which is £42m. That's a very sensible asking price, but £60m is a no-go for me.

I wonder why we don't try to get Kim Min Jae. It seems as if Bayern don't mind whether Kim, Upamecano or De Ligt get sold. They probably would be happy to let him go since he doesn't suit them. From the player type, he suits our game much more than De Ligt, while suiting the EPL much more than Bundesliga. He is fast for his height (he beat Darwin Nunez in a duel at the world cup), excellent in 1 vs 1, likes to do risky passes, is aggressive and physically imposing. Being a force in the air, he would complement Licha, who would compensate Kim's weakness in build up in return. He loves to play high line, but at Bayern and under Tuchel he was forced to play cautiously, and both his form and confidence hit bottom when he played in the CL. When he gets the trust from the manager, like under Spaletti, he shines most. He can play LCB and RCB equally well. For me a no brainer if we want a CB from Bayern.

I wonder why we don't try to get Kim Min Jae. It seems as if Bayern don't mind whether Kim, Upamecano or De Ligt get sold. They probably would be happy to let him go since he doesn't suit them. From the player type, he suits our game much more than De Ligt, while suiting the EPL much more than Bundesliga. He is fast for his height (he beat Darwin Nunez in a duel at the world cup), excellent in 1 vs 1, likes to do risky passes, is aggressive and physically imposing. Being a force in the air, he would complement Licha, who would compensate Kim's weakness in build up in return. He loves to play high line, but at Bayern and under Tuchel he was forced to play cautiously, and both his form and confidence hit bottom when he played in the CL. When he gets the trust from the manager, like under Spaletti, he shines most. He can play LCB and RCB equally well. For me a no brainer if we want a CB from Bayern.

Completely agree. Wouldn't mind de Ligt at United for a reasonable fee, but if they're willing to let Kim Min-jae go I'd much rather go for him instead. Would be great for us IMO.

So if I understand the usual way of United's transfer business correct that means they will pay 90m on deadline day.

No, that was the previous regimes way of doing things. It remains to be seen whether this new lot will conduct business in the same incompetent manner, I certainly hope that isn’t the case!

No, that was the previous regimes way of doing things. It remains to be seen whether this new lot will conduct business in the same incompetent manner, I certainly hope that isn’t the case!
Exactly, this is is the kind of transfer that will prove if things have changed. So far it's only talk about change.

For 30-40 mil and "normal" salary, he would be a very good signing.

With him, Lisandro and one of Todibo or Yoro, it would be excellent defence.

For 30-40 mil and "normal" salary, he would be a very good signing.

With him, Lisandro and one of Todibo or Yoro, it would be excellent defence.
I don’t rate him. Always struggles against quick opposition. Think he’d find the PL very difficult

He would be a terrible signing. Antony wouldn't have been good if we got him for 30m and on 100k/wk, he would be the same terrible player. This guy is a better player but doesn't have pace or the agility to shine here.

It's a whole wide world but we can't seem to get out of the Netherlands. Hopefully, this all paper created bullshit.

He's the sterotypical injury prone, unwanted player on high wages we so often struggle to shift. Get him in on a loan with buy option and see where we go from there.

Some ruled this out a few pages ago I think for all sides a loan makes the most sense. I know people will ask why would Beyern do it if he doesn't work out, his value would drop even more. Well Beyern are taking a loss regardless, having high wages in the bundesliga, having a few injuries and being 3rd choice for Beyern for another season will lose value as well. United top 3 targets are out of reach and we don't have a lot to spend so gives us a stop gap, also gives Ineos a chance to sell Todibo to another club and United buy in 2025. De Ligt gets to play in the PL and under a manager who knows him best.

I'd worry about the wage demands

But for 30m he'd be another body at least

'Lisandro quick'

It's amazing how many of our fans don't know anything about our players.

I think that his pace underrated. He is not Lisandro quick but he is not Maguire either.
It’s not even necessarily about his pace. He just always struggles when up against quick attackers. I think he’d get torn apart against Palace or Villa for example.

It's a no for me unless we De Ligt is willing to accept a lower, still robust but lower, wage. He's a solid CB but he's no all-worlder who can justify obscene wages.

'Lisandro quick'

It's amazing how many of our fans don't know anything about our players.
I was not clear there. I am not saying that he is quick defender (because he has decent speed only) but he is our quickest defender. And Maguire is slowest.

I was not clear there. I am not saying that he is quick defender (because he has decent speed only) but he is our quickest defender. And Maguire is slowest.

Buddy, you need a quick player to prevent the counter attacks in ETH's style of play. This guy would be found out for pace as Martinez does at times as he is not the quickest. They'd be good when we have the ball, but without it, it has disaster written all over it.

Buddy, you need a quick player to prevent the counter attacks in ETH's style of play. This guy would be found out for pace as Martinez does at times as he is not the quickest. They'd be good when we have the ball, but without it, it has disaster written all over it.
Problem is that there are not many really quick defenders out there. Many have decent speed and that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.