De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Has hardly done anything of note since being touted as a generational talent etc. We would be better off nurturing academy players and integrating them into the first team. Also, please stay away from overrated Dutch players.

People blame Woodward, Murthough and ETH for the failed big money transfers, and yet want to buy De Ligt who has high salary demands, is injury prone and overrated. When will we ever learn?

People blame Woodward, Murthough and ETH for the failed big money transfers, and yet want to buy De Ligt who has high salary demands, is injury prone and overrated. When will we ever learn?

I'll give you the salary demands and fitness concerns, but it's obvious reading this thread that De Ligt is extremely underrated.

Last edited:

Erm, they want £40m for him. His wage is high, I agree at 250k.

Is Injury prone? erm no he isnt.

Erm, they want £40m for him. His wage is high, I agree at 250k.

Is Injury prone? erm no he isnt.
I would like to call it 'fitness issues'. He isn't a player who misses half of the season with one injury, but he constantly has knocks and always needs time to find back his form. I don't think he can handle the EPL with his let's say lack of Bruno Fernandes-like fighting spirit.

No thanks. Has hardly done anything of note since being touted as a generational talent etc. We would be better off nurturing academy players and integrating them into the first team. Also, please stay away from overrated Dutch players.

Staying away from overrated Dutch players means we wont sign Memphis but can still sign de Ligt and de Jong?

"Bayern are looking to sell...."

d613466b-9c46-4dea-8f2a-ba1ff94eff78_text.gif

Clubs we should never sign players from:
  • Bayern
  • Real Madrid
  • Dortmund

If he passes the medical and I mean clean as a whistle, then maybe. Especially the inner knee ligament tears.

"But this time it's different!"

Clubs we should never sign players from:
  • Bayern
  • Real Madrid
  • Dortmund

Some deals to be found from Real / Barca I think. Odegaard, Ozil, Sanchez etc. Just have to be clever about it. Because of how stacked their squad usually is, good players get relegated to the bench often and are unhappy. Good opportunity if you know what you're doing.

Some deals to be found from Real / Barca I think. Odegaard, Ozil, Sanchez etc. Just have to be clever about it. Because of how stacked their squad usually is, good players get relegated to the bench often and are unhappy. Good opportunity if you know what you're doing.
No Sneijder or Robben either? Very good deals those

Ajax, Juventus, Bayern and Man United? That is a fantastic career for a guy who has a fat dad :smirk:

It is still interesting that most Bayern Munich fans want him to stay.
They all rate him and wish they were selling others before him.

He sounds like a proper leader as well from the way his teammates speak about him

I have never been more against signing anybody than De Ligt.

We should not be paying any new players 250K / week salary. That is not appropriate for a rebuild, and besides that is the kind of salary you pay galacticos. Not only De Ligt is nowhere close to being a galactico, or having any potential of becoming one, I am not even convinced that he won't flop in premiership, and that he is what we need.

A horrible signing, in my opinion. If we are going to gamble, we should get somebody MUCH cheaper

We should not be paying any new players 250K / week salary. That is not appropriate for a rebuild, and besides that is the kind of salary you pay galacticos. Not only De Ligt is nowhere close to being a galactico, or having any potential of becoming one, I am not even convinced that he won't flop in premiership, and that he is what we need.

A horrible signing, in my opinion. If we are going to gamble, we should get somebody MUCH cheaper
He is hardly a gamble for ETH though.

United is always monitoring dutch league and it's people. If goldmember was available we'd be interested too.

I agree, the salary expectations should make this a non-runner. Just like his legs

Would you have said the same about Antony?

De Ligt is much less of a gamble. De Ligt already performed well in Italy, Germany and the latter stages of the CL. Antony only had Eredivisie and some CL games. De Ligt will also be cheaper.

Every transfer has a gamble aspect in it. I dont think de Ligt is a big gamble or risk compared to buying many other players.

De Ligt is much less of a gamble. De Ligt already performed well in Italy, Germany and the latter stages of the CL. Antony only had Eredivisie and some CL games. De Ligt will also be cheaper.

Every transfer has a gamble aspect in it. I dont think de Ligt is a big gamble or risk compared to buying many other players.
Unfortunately his injury record has been bad and getting worse by the season. Thats a huge risk imo. Similar to Varane.

Status
Not open for further replies.