De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that this has stalled.

We can't buy Yoro & have him play second fiddle to De Ligt.

I reckon we are still negotiating with Brantwaithe as our next CB & will only consider moving for De Ligt if a sufficient bid arrives for either Lindelof or most likely Maguire.

I can see Ineos being happy with Yoro, Maguire, Brantwaithe & Martinez for this season with the oppurtunity of buying De ligt only if Maguire moves on.

This also gives me hope that Mazroui's transfer is just another de ligt style transfer where he has been mentioned by Ten Hag as the type of player he wants but Ineos will get their version of the player Ten Hag has in mind.

This is why he said he wants a big quantity and quality to Ineos recently in a press conference - almost like he wants them to make some transfers progress aswell as probably trying to stop INEOS plans to move players like Antony on that Ten Hag probably still rates highly & believes he can get the best use of.

Ten Hag is saying he wants De ligt - we go and get Yoro.

Ten Hag is saying he wants Mazroui - we will get a better player than him for sure if there is someone in the market.

Nonsense.

You buy him and feck Lindelof and Maguire out the door. Then you have De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez and Evans + Shaw who can fill in at CB. And if Branthwaite can be done, you go and get him as well.

Nonsense.

You buy him and feck Lindelof and Maguire out the door. Then you have De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez and Evans + Shaw who can fill in at CB. And if Branthwaite can be done, you go and get him as well.

Nonsense?

He said de ligt would only be signed if Lindelof or Maguire were sold, exactly what you said.

Whilst you said we go for De Ligt first & see if we can afford Brantwaithe later he said we go for Brantwaithe first & see if we can afford De Ligt later depending on our sales of Maguire & Lindelof.

In an ideal world we have Yoro, De Ligt, Brantwaithe & Martinez as our CB's but its strongly dependent on our sales - De Ligt won't come in to play starter next to Martinez just because he is older, this is a player that Bayern are actively looking to sell whilst Yoro is more of a generational talent that deserves that starting spot with De Ligt providing tough competition & not the other way around.

Nonsense?

He said de ligt would only be signed if Lindelof or Maguire were sold, exactly what you said.

Whilst you said we go for De Ligt first & see if we can afford Brantwaithe later he said we go for Brantwaithe first & see if we can afford De Ligt later depending on our sales of Maguire & Lindelof.

In an ideal world we have Yoro, De Ligt, Brantwaithe & Martinez as our CB's but its strongly dependent on our sales - De Ligt won't come in to play starter next to Martinez just because he is older, this is a player that Bayern are actively looking to sell whilst Yoro is more of a generational talent that deserves that starting spot with De Ligt providing tough competition & not the other way around.

I was specifically talking about that bit where you don't buy De Ligt and have Yoro play second fiddle.

It's up to him to earn his place, competition for places in the team drives players to improve, it improves the standards in training and with defenders it also makes forward players push themselves to get the better of defenders who are also working harder. Must be easy to look like a world beater at training for Utd when you're under no pressure and up against mugs like Maguire and Lindelof every day.

Isn’t he not in their travelling tour squad because he’s still on holidays? They’ll be mad not to take him along when he’s still their player and on their payroll

Isn’t he not in their travelling tour squad because he’s still on holidays? They’ll be mad not to take him along when he’s still their player and on their payroll
Yes. But people don’t care, because that would be too boring.

The way he set up last season was so bad and, in my heart, I don’t think he is a top coach, but I can’t help but like him.

He doesn’t take accountability, which is an issue, but that could be just a public face. Ever since the final and the moment with the young players and seeing his interviews and interactions, I really like him as a person.

I am hoping that de Ligt does come and he has another face that will fight for him in the dressing room. We need players like that.

I'm sure we will escalate our CB pursuit with Yorro out. And even then it's concerning we are one injury away from Maguire or Evans

Signing CB’s is the most boring thing in the world I hate it. Even worse when it drags on. Just get it done.

This is probably the priority (or another CB) now after Yoro’s 2 month injury.

Judging by our luck if we were to sign him or another CB then they will probably pull up injured sooner rather than later

Am I crazy in thinking that £42m is not excessive for De Ligt? Why can't we pay that?

Am I crazy in thinking that £42m is not excessive for De Ligt? Why can't we pay that?
We need to sell before we can buy. £42mil for a 24 year old who has won leagues and trophies in holland, italy and germany is a fair price imho.

His price looks a bargain whem compared to £70million everton want for branthwaite

We need to sell before we can buy. £42mil for a 24 year old who has won leagues and trophies in holland, italy and germany is a fair price imho.

His price looks a bargain whem compared to £70million everton want for branthwaite

PL proven, English tax, United tax.

Woodward bingo

We’re already at Maguire, bud :lol:

One injury away from Lindelof and Evans.
If we bring in another CB we'd be at Licha-De Ligt (or Branthwaite).

Thats one injury away from Maguire.

It's just really annoying because normally you'd expect Yoro to stay fit and you drag this one out as long as possible to force Bayern to blink first.

I think we still need to be brave drag this on. Maybe posture and say we're happy with Martinez, Yoro, Maguire and Lindelof as the 4 CB options for this season.

Wrap up Rabiot, Mazraoui for AwB and Ugarte (on a loan + obligation to buy) for next season and sit on this one.

It made sense to bring him in anyway, our CB defense is utter garbage past Martinez and who knows how Yoro would have adapted. Just get him in now ffs.

I don't think Yoro's injury means much for De Ligts pursuit. It's not like he'll be out the whole season and if anything it would make us more inclined to spend less, get more than one CB than pile a lot of money into just one.

We’ve got AWB, Lindelof, Malacia, Casemiro, Eriksen, McTominay, Hannibal, Pellestri and Antony that ALL need moving on so let’s speed some sales up to raise cash and free up more wage wise.

Started off really well in moving Varane, Kambwala, Alvaro, Williams, VDB, Martial and Greenwood on which brought in around £50 million and freed up over a million a week in wages but since then nothing seems to be going on outside of AWB to West Ham.

I’d still like a left back and I’d like to see two midfielders brought in but Yoro’s injury makes another centre back a priority or we’re an injury to Martinez away from Lindelof and Maguire again.

We’ve got AWB, Lindelof, Malacia, Casemiro, Eriksen, McTominay, Hannibal, Pellestri and Antony that ALL need moving on so let’s speed some sales up to raise cash and free up more wage wise.

Some of that group are going nowhere and those that do are unlikely to raise much for the transfer fund. Malacia isn't fit yet after over a year out so nobody will buy him, Eriksen says he wants to see out his contract, Casemiro is never walking away from the mega wages we are paying and Antony can't be sold without screwing our PSR position as most of that insane fee is still on the books and nobody is giving us more than a token fee at this stage.

For the rest, AWB is looking like 10M+ add ons, Lindelof will be less as he is older and also only has a year to go on his deal, Hannibal is also in the last year of his deal and has shown nothing so probably a nominal fee plus clauses. Pellistri might get us 15-20M if we are lucky, he has done very well for Uruguay and in the right league he could be very effective plus he is young with a lot of upside and of course McTominay may get us a decent fee but most of the links to him so far are from very unreliable sources and Erik continues to say he wants to keep him.

We should finalise this. Our difference in evaluation is not that far away.

I don't think Yoro's injury means much for De Ligts pursuit. It's not like he'll be out the whole season and if anything it would make us more inclined to spend less, get more than one CB than pile a lot of money into just one.
We are a Martinez injury away (Not unlikely) from another Maguire/Lindelöf partnership with Evans as back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.