De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was a little dumbfounded there was a platform for clubs to essentially post classified ads (and some Bayer Leverkusen got in hot waters a few years ago being a little too hasty to post on it) though it makes sense in a way.
Using Transfermarkt to assess player value seems a case of the cart leading the horses though... I understand why you'd use it to get a quick idea of what the wider perception would be, but internally for your own players ?

David Ornstein - It is believed Manchester will get De Ligt or Yoro.

Manchester United fans for some reason just decide this is the time we shouldn’t believe him.

Just get him in now, I atleast want to start the season with hope.

He had to forget Licha to make his negative point otherwise it wouldn't hit as hard. Surprised he didn't say Casemiro and Maguire at CB.
Has Licha even returned yet??? So its not really that far off that we could start the season with Maguire and Lindelof, is it?

Can’t help but think we are being cagey on the Yoro injury because we don’t want to strengthen Bayern’s hand in these negotiations.

Glad that this has stalled.

We can't buy Yoro & have him play second fiddle to De Ligt.

I reckon we are still negotiating with Brantwaithe as our next CB & will only consider moving for De Ligt if a sufficient bid arrives for either Lindelof or most likely Maguire.

I can see Ineos being happy with Yoro, Maguire, Brantwaithe & Martinez for this season with the oppurtunity of buying De ligt only if Maguire moves on.

This also gives me hope that Mazroui's transfer is just another de ligt style transfer where he has been mentioned by Ten Hag as the type of player he wants but Ineos will get their version of the player Ten Hag has in mind.

This is why he said he wants a big quantity and quality to Ineos recently in a press conference - almost like he wants them to make some transfers progress aswell as probably trying to stop INEOS plans to move players like Antony on that Ten Hag probably still rates highly & believes he can get the best use of.

Ten Hag is saying he wants De ligt - we go and get Yoro.

Ten Hag is saying he wants Mazroui - we will get a better player than him for sure if there is someone in the market.

You forgot Licha or what?

Licha says hello
Steady now, it you say Licha 3 times he gets another injury. He picked up a knock in the Copa final, and he is still on his jolly days. There is no guarantee he will be back for the first game.
He had to forget Licha to make his negative point otherwise it wouldn't hit as hard. Surprised he didn't say Casemiro and Maguire at CB.

Yup, that's it basically.
You can both stuff off with that - criticise the post not the poster. It’s not negative, it’s a realistic prospect (maybe even the more likely scenario depending when the Copa and Euro players return)
Has Licha even returned yet??? So its not really that far off that we could start the season with Maguire and Lindelof, is it?
Exactly.

Steady now, it you say Licha 3 times he gets another injury. He picked up a knock in the Copa final, and he is still on his jolly days. There is no guarantee he will be back for the first game.

You can both stuff off with that - criticise the post not the poster. It’s not negative, it’s a realistic prospect (maybe even the more likely scenario depending when the Copa and Euro players return)

Exactly.
Realistic prospect is he'll get injured some time in the future?

Also, I'm sure he'll be back from holllidays in time for our first game.

Glad that this has stalled.

We can't buy Yoro & have him play second fiddle to De Ligt.

I’d say we can’t seriously expect an 18 year old to take on the responsibility of immediately being our starting CB in a 60 game season and once an injury kicks in, force him to play alongside Lindelöf.
We absolutely need 3 top CB’s and anyone who doesn’t realise this yet clearly hasn’t been paying attention.

'You don't buy a Ruben Dias when you already have a Stones, Ake and Kompany'

'You don't buy an Akanji when you already have Ake, Stones and Dias'

'You don't buy a Gvardiol when you have already Akanji, Ake, Stones and Dias.'

'You don't buy a Konate when you have Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez'

'You don't sign an Alaba when you already have Ramos, Varane and Militao'

'You don't sign a Rudiger when you already have an Alaba and Militao'

Said absolutely no one ever :lol:

That post felt like it would never end.

David Ornstein - It is believed Manchester will get De Ligt or Yoro.

Manchester United fans for some reason just decide this is the time we shouldn’t believe him.

Ornstein then subsequently said we were still interested in getting De Ligt as well as Yoro, it would just be dependent on sales.

Ornstein then subsequently said we were still interested in getting De Ligt as well as Yoro, it would just be dependent on sales.

I don’t see us selling Lindelof and replacing him with a player that adds to the pecking order of Yoro and Maguire.

Any Lindelof sale will see us go back in Everton’s direction for Branthwaite. He has to be our number 1 target.

If Maguire goes then yes i agree De ligt becomes a priority.

Somehow, "You don't buy De Ligt when you already have Maguire and Lindelof" doesn't hit as hard.

Somehow, "You don't buy De Ligt when you already have Maguire and Lindelof" doesn't hit as hard.
Just to state the obvious: 'You don't buy De Ligt when you already have Yoro and Martínez'.

De Ligt is out of Bayern, this looks clear given he's not in the squad tour now.
Theyve publically said hes going to leave, so I don't think there is much wriggle room for negotiation on their side. They will need to meet us in the middle somewhere, or find another buyer. But if De Ligt is set on us it will make things difficult for them.

Only relevant example for us here is Konate. We dont have City’s purse, and RM’s were for free

Status
Not open for further replies.