Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan's wife probably paid the difference after having him under her feet all day for months.

Good stuff! Think it’s too soon for him to impact this summer as such, but in terms of the long term picture I hope we give him time to start moving us in a better direction.

Good stuff! Think it’s too soon for him to impact this summer as such, but in terms of the long term picture I hope we give him time to start moving us in a better direction.
Of course it will impact this summer. He won't have been sat doing nothing.

Interesting. Didn't expect this at all, so it's good work by INEOS. Looks professionally done. His input on the transfer window will be invaluable. Now just need Berrada to start working in full capacity.

Shocker that they've suddenly found an agreement now they aren't desperate to fill a £50m PSR hole.

Great news. I don't think he'll make much difference to this transfer window, but its important that he's in place before the new season starts winding up again.

I just hope that he can somehow help us shift players... every fecking summer I've wanted to see that.

Them pretty much shopping Gordon/Isak must mean it was really bad. I'm no expert but I assume that they could face difficulty next year too?

Great news. I don't think he'll make much difference to this transfer window, but its important that he's in place before the new season starts winding up again.
I actually expect him to hit the ground running and make a difference. Hopefully he was not spending his gardening leave just counting butterflies. He may not have had a chance to coordinate with United much, but he should have at least been preparing to dive in, on a short notice

Hopefully they can share the readouts from that "strategic review" that took forever. Must be one hell of a detailed report :lol:

Them pretty much shopping Gordon/Isak must mean it was really bad. I'm no expert but I assume that they could face difficulty next year too?

Hopefully. Minteh for £39m is obscene. I wonder what Brighton are getting out of that.

Things are finally falling into place it seems. The worry was this summer window would be lost but now that he starts immediately and already has the review done by Cox, I expect things to pick up rather quickly.

If there is any chance, we should pay the money for Isak, he is the best no 9 in the PL in my opinion

Just seen someone pointing out that they probably banked on Guimares release clause getting paid. Think I agree with that.

Yeah I agree, especially when it was made publically available info a few weeks back.

Would also explain them not considering Jackson in part exchange for Isak for Chelsea, they clearly just wanted/needed a big cash influx. (And also it would have been a crap trade)

No chance. They quoted Chelsea well over £100M.

Hes worth it (in my opinion) if we could ship Rashford out for 80+m I would have done this, also helps he can play as the left forward too
Saying that I know we have budget constraints but its more wishful thinking.
Mark my words though this guy is the best 9 in the league and is waiting to explode

Genuinely thought this would be ongoing in 2025. Shocked it’s sorted with how slow INEOS have been with everything. Glad to be proven wrong on this instance.

The new United begins today.

Of course it will impact this summer. He won't have been sat doing nothing.
At a severely reduced capacity, find it hard to believe he will have had a lot of room to work with key stakeholders to really try and get a vision together and a proper strategy going forward. Course he will have done bits and pieces (probably lots of Teams meetings), but think it will have been quite shallow against what we need.

I could well be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.