Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s Matt Hughes record like in terms of reliability? I don’t see his name on the caf tier list.

Finally. Dan Ashworth is going to be a very important appointment for the club going forwards. He’s done a great job in his previous roles but this is going to be his biggest challenge yet, I hope that he is up to it.

Can he sack ETH?
Unilaterally, probably not. But his appraisal of the manager will have a lot of sway with the people who can make the final decision to hire and fire managers (which I'd imagine would be Berrada and/or the board).

What have De Ligt (24), Ugarte (23), Zirkzee (23) and Branthwaite (21) got in common?

All are: below 25. Aggressive or at the very least robust players. Have a major point to prove. Want to come here. Lower the age of squad considerably if Casemiro Maguire and Lindelof leave alongside Varane.

Just great to finally see some common sense. If you're able to pay some lad 250k a week to kick a ball at least make sure he’s in or still to reach his prime, a good pro, mostly able to stay fit and coming here for the right reasons. Then we can take punts and bed players in behind these lads and sell whoever doesn’t work out. Keep the talent moving. Reward leadership and professionalism and not celebrity and brand reach. That will come if the football is on point

Yep I agree with this take. Sure it might not be the ideal team on paper and we won't be as good as City. Mainoo + Ugarte might have limitations. Dalot still doesn't have that Trent / Trippier level output. LB situation is still a bit messy but the bottom level of the team should improve quite a bit as a result.

The drama free nature cannot be understated either. All young / hungry players. Just need to get rid of Casemiro, Sancho and Greenwood and become a normal club. Hopefully getting dropped by England and Garnacho providing a kick in the back side to Rashford is good enough motivation for him to put his head down and work hard.

Glad this has been sorted within a time span that seemed unlikely throughout most of it

What’s Matt Hughes record like in terms of reliability? I don’t see his name on the caf tier list.

That doesn't even matter in this instance because the silence over the fee speaks volumes. Someone wants to save face. I don't think it's Manchester United.

Glad this has been sorted within a time span that seemed unlikely throughout most of it

Yeah, this seemed like an overreach but they managed to pull it out of the bag, so kudos. You had a the anti-INEOS guys using this as a stick to beat the new ownership with. We can't complain about the leadership appointments so far (Berrada, Wilcox, Blanc, Ashworth). Lots of pedigree in there already.

Hopefully they get (or got) the big calls mostly right this summer.

It won't be us. We held all the cards, we would have been idiots to pay what they asked.

It reeked of a butthurt dictator not getting his way with his plaything. No other professional club would have chosen the way they did.

It reeked of a butthurt dictator not getting his way with his plaything. No other professional club would have chosen the way they did.
Absolutely. Their owners are not used to being told no or not getting their own way. I'm not surprised the way they behaved.

Manchester United and Newcastle United have issued the following joint statement:
“Newcastle United and Manchester United have reached an agreement for the immediate release of Dan Ashworth from his contractual obligations at Newcastle United. The terms of this agreement remain confidential between the clubs. Newcastle United thanks Dan for his services and wishes him well for the future.”

That suggests to me that the fee is quite low and Newcastle don't want it to get out after all their posturing.

Probably took whatever they could get to cover themselves for the PSR deadline.

Who is going to be his work buddy? help him settle in, take him out for lunch at Pret etc.

Nah, it’s been reported that the fee is significantly less than £10m. My guess would be in the £4-5m range.

You'd just say that though, wouldn't you?

If you pay 5 million, you don't say "significantly less than 10 million". I mean it's accurate but a very odd thing to say.

Chelsea recently bought that bloke from Leicester for 30 mil. Nobody reported is as "significantly less than 50 million".

If you pay 5 million, you don't say "significantly less than 10 million". I mean it's accurate but a very odd thing to say.

Chelsea recently bought that bloke from Leicester for 30 mil. Nobody reported is as "significantly less than 50 million".
£9m isn't significantly less than £10m in the scheme of things though.

Strange wording yes, but I’m just going off what’s been said here…

Status
Not open for further replies.