Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely thought this would be ongoing in 2025. Shocked it’s sorted with how slow INEOS have been with everything. Glad to be proven wrong on this instance.

The new United begins today.

They announced a CEO pretty much straight away, then not long after they settled on their first choice DOF and have already employed their first choice TD. Carrington upgrade underway. Old Trafford project group sat up.

Even though we haven't signed anyone, it feels, judging by the reports, that we are working on several deals simultanously (Zirkzee, Branthwaite, MdL/Todibo/Yoro, Ugarte etc.). For someone who has grown accustomed to previous regimes, "slow", or even "indecisive", is not something I would attribute to INEOS' reign so far. And they barely own a quarter of the club while doing all this.

They announced a CEO pretty much straight away, then not long after they settled on their first choice DOF and have already employed their first choice TD. Carrington upgrade underway. Old Trafford project group sat up.

Even though we haven't signed anyone, it feels, judging by the reports, that we are working on several deals simultanously (Zirkzee, Branthwaite, MdL/Todibo/Yoro, Ugarte etc.). For someone who has grown accustomed to previous regimes, "slow", or even "indecisive", is not something I would attribute to INEOS' reign so far. And they barely own a quarter of the club while doing all this.

I was shocked at what I was reading until I saw who posted it.

Great news. I don't think he'll make much difference to this transfer window, but its important that he's in place before the new season starts winding up again.
What do you guys think he's been brought in for? His experience and expertise. He has relationships with agents and clubs all over the world and that will be very integral to us getting going this transfer window. Now that he's on board fully he can be on calls and engaging 100% and things will get done faster. Do you think he needs a season or 3 months to bed in before he does the job he's been doing for years. He is best in class and along with Berrarda and Wilcox will be on the ball immediately. You don't pay compensation as we have for these guys for them to not get on it from day 1. Instant impact in this window and then after long term strategy for future windows will be set.

Genuinely thought this would be ongoing in 2025. Shocked it’s sorted with how slow INEOS have been with everything. Glad to be proven wrong on this instance.

The new United begins today.

Any examples here?

I was shocked at what I was reading until I saw who posted it.
Any examples here?
I was being positive for once.

The main one was the management review. Plus perhaps salvaging the season and not sacking Hag earlier. We got the FA Cup so at least the season wasn’t a complete disaster. But also it was slow getting Ashworth with the complications. Those two the 2 most important things that needed to be secured fairly quickly. Could add to the time it took to get ownership of the club too but obviously that’s on the Glazers too.

The main one was the management review. Plus perhaps salvaging the season and not sacking Hag earlier. We got the FA Cup so at least the season wasn’t a complete disaster. But also it was slow getting Ashworth with the complications. Those two the 2 most important things that needed to be secured fairly quickly. Could add to the time it took to get ownership of the club too but obviously that’s on the Glazers too.

Even though they didn't want to sack him? Sure
Instead they decided to fix things above the manager and hired CEO, technical director very quickly and finally secured sporting director too

Even though they didn't want to sack him? Sure
Instead they decided to fix things above the manager and hired CEO, technical director very quickly and finally secured sporting director too
Well they didn’t know what they wanted. They interviewed others. They dithered about.

The management review took two and a half weeks. 11 working days in which most of the club, including all the players were on holiday.

Taking their time to conduct the review properly impacted exactly nobody, other than a few hysterical fannies on the internet.

Sacking Ten Hag in the middle of the season would’ve resulted in a decision being made on his replacement before the team we are recruiting to make such decisions was even in place. Just asking to compound previous poor decision making with more poor decision making, just because fools who love drama are demanding a knee jerk reaction.

What do you guys think he's been brought in for? His experience and expertise. He has relationships with agents and clubs all over the world and that will be very integral to us getting going this transfer window. Now that he's on board fully he can be on calls and engaging 100% and things will get done faster. Do you think he needs a season or 3 months to bed in before he does the job he's been doing for years. He is best in class and along with Berrarda and Wilcox will be on the ball immediately. You don't pay compensation as we have for these guys for them to not get on it from day 1. Instant impact in this window and then after long term strategy for future windows will be set.

The problems at United aren't short term fixes. Our problem go from top to bottom. We don't have a vision for how to play football, so we buy players that don't suit the manager. Our medical dept is poor, so we take bad gambles on players' fitness and get caught out. Our contract management is poor so we end up with deadwood on long contracts we can't shift. Our squad management is poor so we end up with big holes in key positions and blow our budget on expensive sticking plasters. Our analytics and scouting is behind the curve, so by the time we spot a player, other clubs have been talking to their agent for months. We're poor at identifying when a player is past their peak, so we miss out on resale value and lose out on spending power. And so on.

These are the problems that he was brought in to fix and it will take much of the season just to get the right people and structures in place, never mind give them all time to make an impact. He's not a one man scouting/analytics/medical/legal department that will turn up, armed with a list of amazing players no-one knows about, all ready ready to sign up with us. Yes, I'm sure he'll be a rational voice in the room when he arrives, but he can only work with what he finds when he gets here. The whole point about having a DOF is that it makes squad developement an ongoing process over time.

Some more reaction :lol:

Bye cnut.

Reminds me of that Charlie from Clarkson's Farm. Just a joyless wank of a man.

Good riddance to the cnut.

I’m raging about this. Yet again the biggest club in the world flexes it’s might and minion clubs like us have to bow down to them.

This will guarantee another season of overarching success for the biggest club in the world. I mean, how much success does the biggest club in the world want?
Raging etc

Good luck Dan, thanks for your work but you could and should have handled your exit better. It’s soured the experience with you and you’ve let the club, fans and your parents down

Wish the cnut the absolute worst at his shithouse new club.

fecking twat.

The absolute state of their fans, since when has obsessing over a suit become a thing?

Anyway, INEOS continuing to do good work despite what many here would have you believe.

The management review took two and a half weeks. 11 working days in which most of the club, including all the players were on holiday.

Taking their time to conduct the review properly impacted exactly nobody, other than a few hysterical fannies on the internet.

Sacking Ten Hag in the middle of the season would’ve resulted in a decision being made on his replacement before the team we are recruiting to make such decisions was even in place. Just asking to compound previous poor decision making with more poor decision making, just because fools who love drama are demanding a knee jerk reaction.
The problem wasn’t the review, the real problem was the leak in the media about Ten Haag being fired which overshadowed the preparations for the FA cup final.

Hes worth it (in my opinion) if we could ship Rashford out for 80+m I would have done this, also helps he can play as the left forward too
Saying that I know we have budget constraints but its more wishful thinking.
Mark my words though this guy is the best 9 in the league and is waiting to explode
There’s higher chance of us being able to buy Isak for that amount than Rashford being sold for that.

How can you get worked up this much over a senior director? It’s not like Ashworth has some sixth sense to pinpoint regens of Johan Cruyff and Diego Maradona

Good luck Dan, thanks for your work but you could and should have handled your exit better. It’s soured the experience with you and you’ve let the club, fans and your parents down
don't know why, but this one is the funniest one to me. Pretty measured all around, but then finishes with "you've let your parents down" for some reason :lol:

Them pretty much shopping Gordon/Isak must mean it was really bad. I'm no expert but I assume that they could face difficulty next year too?
I imagine the reason they were particularly sour about Ashworth is because United were also the reason they had a European football black hole in their accounts after we leapfrogged them into the EL and knocked them out of the conference league.

I imagine the reason they were particularly sour about Ashworth is because United were also the reason they had a European football black hole in their accounts after we leapfrogged them into the EL and knocked them out of the conference league.
They were pissed off about it before that happened to be hoenst, which made our FA cup victory even sweeter

Hilarious if he took the piss and walked into his first meeting like "Right, lads....there's a chap playing for Everton, his name is Dominic Calvert Lewin....I've spoken to his agent and he's up for coming over. He's now our top priority..."

Just like Greece 2004.
Greece 2004 were a team full of confidence, they knew exactly what they were doing and that that approach maximised the usage of their limited skills. England 2024 is a team full of cowards who are so scared of losing that they don't dare to use their best skills.

Them pretty much shopping Gordon/Isak must mean it was really bad. I'm no expert but I assume that they could face difficulty next year too?
According to The Athletic, they'll be ok next summer because of their new deal with Adidas. And Chelsea tried their luck with Isak, but Newcastly would only sell for well above £100m.

What have De Ligt (24), Ugarte (23), Zirkzee (23) and Branthwaite (21) got in common?

All are: below 25. Aggressive or at the very least robust players. Have a major point to prove. Want to come here. Lower the age of squad considerably if Casemiro Maguire and Lindelof leave alongside Varane.

Just great to finally see some common sense. If you're able to pay some lad 250k a week to kick a ball at least make sure he’s in or still to reach his prime, a good pro, mostly able to stay fit and coming here for the right reasons. Then we can take punts and bed players in behind these lads and sell whoever doesn’t work out. Keep the talent moving. Reward leadership and professionalism and not celebrity and brand reach. That will come if the football is on point

Status
Not open for further replies.