Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact they fired him after he resigned
Even then some kind of "gardening leave" clause might be applicable. Had something like that in my contracts at time as well, just like @VP89 . It's really not outlandish even at the level of positions I worked in, so no wonder it's even more done that way for such high-level positions.

Even then some kind of "gardening leave" clause might be applicable. Had something like that in my contracts at time as well, just like @VP89 . It's really not outlandish even at the level of positions I worked in, so no wonder it's even more done that way for such high-level positions.
I had a 12 month non-compete clause in my last job that prevents me from going to a direct competitor for those 12 month. And I wasn‘t even c-level.

I had a 12 month non-compete clause in my last job that prevents me from going to a direct competitor for those 12 month. And I wasn‘t even c-level.
Yeah but you are well good

Bunch of babies in here

Like every other recent thread on here. He wasn’t going to be able to work here this summer either way. Even if UTD had paid the 20 million quid straight away. People need to get over it. We aren’t going to sign or hire anyone without him having a say. He can most likely quietly work through a proxy getting the inside of the club up to scratch but can’t be seen to be doing business on our behalf or doing anything that brings his contract with Newcastle into further disrepute.

I reiterate, if his interest in Southgate was legit than we should stay as far away as possible.

I reiterate, if his interest in Southgate was legit than we should stay as far away as possible.

He worked with him at the FA and apparently they got on so he was a shoe-in for the United job, that’s basically the bullshit the mainstream media peddle and unfortunately people believe everything they read.

Excellent, if new structure can be in place by mid July we can hopefully have a good run on executing some things during the tour and hopefully some smart business done in January.

Rob Dawson’s cred is a bit low at the moment following the Solskjaer to Besiktas debacle, but let’s wait and see.

One would like to think as a United fan that Newcastle know the arbitration hearing would rule in United’s favour due to Newcastle‘s excessive compensation demand so therefore a compromise has been met and one day it’ll just be announced that Ashworth has joined us and the exact figures paid will be undisclosed.

Rob Dawson’s cred is a bit low at the moment following the Solskjaer to Besiktas debacle, but let’s wait and see.

One would like to think as a United fan that Newcastle know the arbitration hearing would rule in United’s favour due to Newcastle‘s excessive compensation demand so therefore a compromise has been met and one day it’ll just be announced that Ashworth has joined us and the exact figures paid will be undisclosed.
I think they just want money now with the rapidly approaching PSR deadline tonight.

Is it unusual that he'll report to Brailsford instead of Berrada?
I wouldn't read too much into that because Berrarda still isn't officially in his position. But Brailsford is also a very senior executive who would probably be a good person to report into because he's Ratcliffe's main man on the sporting side of things and would potentially be in a position to help move things along quickly. At Liverpool FSG had Mike Gordon as the person who Michael Edwards reported into and things moved quickly and efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.