Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

You can see around what it will look like by checking the PC version. It's absolutely stunning. I keep on just staring at what I'm looking at just because it's so jaw dropping and it's the first game I've seen where RTX is an absolute must, it changes everything visually.

The next gen will never touch an RTX for visualsIMO, but yeah the patch should give the new consoles a bounce.

Eo3nPidWMAIqa_T

I’m ready.
Customization is great in certain games but I really dont get it when for the majority of your time playing it you dont actually see your creation.
Groan.

I definitely recommend turning off all of film grain, motion blur, cinematic aberration and depth of field on the PC version. Doesn't affect FPS for me and everything looks much cleaner.

I definitely recommend turning off all of film grain, motion blur, cinematic aberration and depth of field on the PC version. Doesn't affect FPS for me and everything looks much cleaner.
I did the same on mine, I don't really understand the aesthetic they were going for with all that.

I think the main problem Im having with the game is getting used to the controller buttons etc, Its taking me a little longer than I expected to become intuitive with the controls. Does anyone know if there will be an online version?

I always turn all of those off, straight away. Even if I have to ini file.

I've not got round to Cyberpunk yet, I'm intrigued to see how it runs on my 3070.
Beautifully I'd say.

I'm impressed at how well it runs on my 2060 Super on 1440p, thought I'd really struggle to get any sort of decent fps with ray tracing on.

You can and should turn them off on consoles, too.

Beautifully I'd say.

I'm impressed at how well it runs on my 2060 Super on 1440p, thought I'd really struggle to get any sort of decent fps with ray tracing on.
I’m clueless so bear with me, but would ray tracing work on the Xbox Series X on a 4K tele?

I’m clueless so bear with me, but would ray tracing work on the Xbox Series X on a 4K tele?
Yes, if the game has it. Cyberpunk's current console versions do not support ray tracing: you will have to wait for the upgrade for that, which should arrive at some point next year.

Those who are underwhelmed - I think you have to consider that Witcher 3 probably didn’t seem that amazing from the get go either. It’s only once you’re way into it you realise how good it is. It’s definitely not good because of how it plays particularly, but because of how the story interweaves.

I’m hoping this is the same.

Last edited:
Yeah. People are being extremely hyperbolic about the graphics, unless it looks really bad on a base ps4.

Like I've said this opinion may change when I start the game properly

Cool.

Hyperbolic? On this forum? nooooooo :) but I think current gen consoles were always going to struggle with this one.

Those who are underwhelmed - I think you have to consider that Witcher 3 probably didn’t seem that amazing from the get go either. It’s only once you’re way into it you realise how good it is. It’s definitely not good because of it plays particularly, but because of how the story interweaves.

Yeah exactly. The Witcher 3 doesn't get good til you get out of white orchard and meet the Bloody Baron, which takes a good 10 hours. From reviews it seems this is a similarly slow burn early on.

Those who are underwhelmed - I think you have to consider that Witcher 3 probably didn’t seem that amazing from the get go either. It’s only once you’re way into it you realise how good it is. It’s definitely not good because of it plays particularly, but because of how the story interweaves.

Absolutely. I've recently been playing Skyrim and still really enjoyed it and that was (and still is) riddled with bugs and that's one of my favourite, if not my favourite game of all time. So I'm just hoping the depth of the world and the feeling of being immersed in it will be good enough to overlook any niggles. Even so, I'm waiting for my next gen console to play this.

No its absolute dogshit on PS4, I haven't played a game that is so unappealing to look at, its nearly blurry at times, not to mention the huge drop in frame rate when you get into a scrap.

No its absolute dogshit on PS4, I haven't played a game that is so unappealing to look at, its nearly blurry at times.

But are you really surprised by that?

It's been widely accepted the delays were caused by CDPR insistence on having this game available on last gen consoles so they will have had to turn everything down to get it to run somewhat reasonably.

The PS4/Xbone versions were always going to be inferior and likely be impacted the most by graphical limitations.

I played on PS5 without any sort of enhancement upgrade and the game is far from unappealing to look at.

But are you really surprised by that?

It's been widely accepted the delays were caused by CDPR insistence on having this game available on last gen consoles so they will have had to turn everything down to get it to run somewhat reasonably.

The PS4/Xbone versions were always going to be inferior and likely be impacted the most by graphical limitations.

I played on PS5 without any sort of enhancement upgrade and the game is far from unappealing to look at.

I am surprised at how bad it looks yes, Call of Duty and RDR look twice the game CP does. Il be honest, I don't think the PS5 version looks that great either. The PC seems to be where its at.

I am surprised at how bad it looks yes, Call of Duty and RDR look twice the game CP does. Il be honest, I don't think the PS5 version looks that great either. The PC seems to be where its at.

I think you have extremely unrealistic expectations.

True considering it's a open world game I think RDR2 is a good comparison and it looks very average compared to that. Still I think it's quite playable but it completely misses the wow factor. On the gameplay so far I won't spoil anything, but I frankly have little idea about what the story is about and I think I'm 6 hours in.

Keeps crashing on my PS4.

I'm going to try it on my PC. With GOG's 30-day refund policy in mind. Hopefully the PS5 arrives before that.

Cyberpunk 2077 launched at midnight last night, and now the console versions are out in the wild we're getting our first proper look at the game running on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Early impressions are, unfortunately, not great.

I've been playing the PS4 version of CD Projekt's sci-fi epic and can report poor performance, including low framerate and texture pop-in when the screen is busy. Even when it's not, there is on occasion a low-res blur to the visuals. And I've encountered multiple characters locked in a T-pose, frozen in place or glitched into an object. You can still talk to these NPCs, but their mouths do not move.

According to Morgan, Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 looks very blurry, running between 720p and 900p resolution, and the framerate for any driving around the big city areas is constantly at around 20. While some indoor battles run well at 30fps, they can drop to 25fps. Framerate drops are one thing, but there's also hitching - big hiccups in the action where a new object or texture needs to load in. This can make it a challenge to shoot or drive.

Running the game on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility does improve matters to a degree - certainly the loading is faster, and the framerate is unlocked to 60fps - but the glitches, including the T-posing NPCs, remain.

It turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 does not have the "quality mode" that is available on Xbox Series X. That is to say, the game on PS5 runs in "performance mode" by default. On Xbox Series X you can switch between the two. Quality mode shoots for a high resolution, something approaching 4K and 30 frames per second, whereas performance mode aims for a smooth experience. It's worth noting the Xbox Series S does not have this toggle between modes, either.

Digital Foundry's scientific analysis is of course inbound, but what is clear at this early stage is there is a significant divide between the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 and the console versions.

And even just hours after release, the Cyberpunk 2077 console memes have begun.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...and-xbox-one-and-the-memes-have-already-begun

If it is so bad on current gen consoles, how can they a) be allowed to release it and b) how can they be at ease releasing it knowing the sh*tstorm that would follow. Crazy.

Meh, I feel like people are being very harsh. Graphics look fine to me. Not next gen, but on a PS4 that’s to be expected. Occasional jutters and pop-ins and what have you, but that’s likely to get better as they patch it. I played for 5 hours plus before I had to go to bed so I wouldn’t be a sleep deprived wreck at work, but I’ve still barely dipped my feet in.

btw, don’t graphics look more janky before you visit the ripperdoc and get your new eyeballs?

Meh, I feel like people are being very harsh. Graphics look fine to me. Not next gen, but on a PS4 that’s to be expected. Occasional jutters and pop-ins and what have you, but that’s likely to get better as they patch it. I played for 5 hours plus before I had to go to bed so I wouldn’t be a sleep deprived wreck at work, but I’ve still barely dipped my feet in.

btw, don’t graphics look more janky before you visit the ripperdoc and get your new eyeballs?

So you're finding it playable on PS4?

No crashes during those 5 hours?