Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Booted it up quickly this morning. Looks very nice.

I ended up going digital after my disc didn't get dispatched. Then late last night I got a dispatch email saying it was coming today. I've then tried to claim a refund for the digital copy but after I requested it I saw in the T&C that if you've downloaded it you cant get a refund. I've booted up the digital version this morning and it played, but I'm not going to get account banned for fraud or anything am I? I've never claimed a refund off PSN before.

How much have you played?

I did a couple of the tutorials this morning and I thought it seemed very good.

About two hours, on PS4 I find it a bit, samey and the AI pretty shit, the graphics look dated to me and the glitches distracting. Should have gotten it for PC but I play les and less on it now.

About two hours, on PS4 I find it a bit, samey and the AI pretty shit, the graphics look dated to me and the glitches distracting. Should have gotten it for PC but I play les and less on it now.

I think a lot of people are going into this expecting next gen graphics from the get go. It's easy to forget that this is essentially a PS4 game at this stage. I think the next gen feel will only occur once they patch it.

I can't speak for the AI because I only did a couple of tutorials.

I do think a lot of people will be underwhelmed but I think it's about expectations going in. For a lot of people they've acted like this was going to be the most revolutionary game ever and for those people I do think they'll be disappointed.

Then again I might feel the same as you once I get my teeth into the proper game

I think a lot of people are going into this expecting next gen graphics from the get go. It's easy to forget that this is essentially a PS4 game at this stage. I think the next gen feel will only occur once they patch it.

I can't speak for the AI because I only did a couple of tutorials.

I do think a lot of people will be underwhelmed but I think it's about expectations going in. For a lot of people they've acted like this was going to be the most revolutionary game ever and for those people I do think they'll be disappointed.

Then again I might feel the same as you once I get my teeth into the proper game

Yeah I didnt expect it to be all that was said it would be, as for the GFX, CAll of Duty looks much better IMO.

Well i've played about 3 and a half hours now and my first impressions are largely positive. I was expecting it to look better graphically than it does on the PS5, I don't know if its the strong depth of field or the bloom effect but I just don't think the image looks crisp. I imagine the next gen patch will be needed after all to get the most out of it.

So far I haven't really encountered many bugs just small graphical ones which I don't really mind. The gunplay/driving both feel solid yet unremarkable but I've just got my hands on a decent sniper which appears to pack way more punch. Overall, it's just a little daunting, the city feels dense and yet huge, there's tonnes of gameplay systems all on top of a massive amount of quests. I'm sure it will become clearer after some more time. One standout so far for me has been voice acting, someone above said stuff but from the opening moments, I think every character has had a good presence and a unique identity which you don't get in say a Skyrim.

I did have one funny bug where I called my car and it came back looking battered with no doors and a crushed back end, god knows how that happened. Still drove fine though.

Xtvxmzy.gif

:lol:

Decided not to stay up so will start it at some point this morning.

Yeah I didnt expect it to be all that was said it would be, as for the GFX, CAll of Duty looks much better IMO.

Yeah I am surprised to see so many people saying how good it looks.

On console it looks pretty average particularly on performance mode (the other felt awful to me)

I did have one funny bug where I called my car and it came back looking battered with no doors and a crushed back end, god knows how that happened. Still drove fine though.

This would be great if it wasn't a bug and you end up finding out something happened to your car and you called it at just the right moment

Yeah I am surprised to see so many people saying how good it looks.

On console it looks pretty average particularly on performance mode (the other felt awful to me)
What system are you playing this on as I don’t seem to have any options for performance mode etc.

This would be great if it wasn't a bug and you end up finding out something happened to your car and you called it at just the right moment
Yeh I like to think the AI just took for a GTA style spin around the city before dropping it off!

I'm running it at 1440p with Ray Tracing medium settings on PC (which is still high for most options) and DLSS enabled on my 2060 Super. Averaging around 50fps which is acceptable.

It looks stunning, I have to say. Shame it seems the console versions don't do it justice going by comments here. Hopefully the ps5 and series X versions look closer to the PC version.

This looks rough on last gen, it's going to get some very mixed opinions on that alone.

It looks amazing on PC to be honest, they should have just skipped the last gen consoles.

Can confirm it's beautiful on PC... there was one point at the start of the game where I was literally in shock at how amazing it looked... just after the initial intro bit.

Blade runner feels.

It looks ruff on the next gen as well right now TBH, the patch better be jaw dropping.

You can see around what it will look like by checking the PC version. It's absolutely stunning. I keep on just staring at what I'm looking at just because it's so jaw dropping and it's the first game I've seen where RTX is an absolute must, it changes everything visually.

We get a free upgrade when the upgraded PS5 version comes out for buying on PS4, right?

Bullet dodged for a PS4 gamer here.
Naturally I expected the visuals to be toned down compared to the PC and newer gen models but the game looks buggy as heck and I don't see a great deal of progress in that area of the field for current PS4 gamers.

There's a next-gen patch next year to bring it in line with the PC version (PS5 and XBOX Series consoles). No exact date yet. but hopefully the first few months.
This is CDPR we are talking about. We will be lucky if we get it next year