Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

What is the illusion and marketing manipulation you speak of, and why did almost every major critic fall prey to it at PL DLC and base game overhaul patch and offer it unanimous and overwhelming praise? That's a disparity between your experience, and the vast majority of professional video game critics, is it not?

Isn't this what general consensus is for? Isn't that why we go to websites such as Metacritic? For when critics and users alike both agree that something is excellent, whether it's a film, TV series, or video game, then it can be reliably stated that is fulfills the criteria of being sufficiently good enough to warrant praise.

What's the alternative?

The alternative is that I'm wrong, @amolbhatia50k is wrong, SkillUp is wrong, the vast majority of Steam PC users (who apparently don't need 4090's to have a great experience, hence the review) are wrong, the overwhelmingly positive professional critics are wrong, the majority of positive RedCafe experiences are wrong, the majority positive user scores on a number of platforms and websites are wrong. Everyone's wrong.

Except Van Piorsing.

I don't even know why I even have a Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Letterbox'd or Metacritic account. I don't even know why I bother consulting the "masses", when all I have to do is consult Van Piorsing, who is apparently the arbiter of all that is altogether good and right.
I wouldn't trust critics as they can be bought for access to pre releases but the players seem to rate it as did I

What is the illusion and marketing manipulation you speak of, and why did almost every major critic fall prey to it at PL DLC and base game overhaul patch and offer it unanimous and overwhelming praise? That's a disparity between your experience, and the vast majority of professional video game critics, is it not?

Isn't this what general consensus is for? Isn't that why we go to websites such as Metacritic? For when critics and users alike both agree that something is excellent, whether it's a film, TV series, or video game, then it can be reliably stated that is fulfills the criteria of being sufficiently good enough to warrant praise.

What's the alternative?

The alternative is that I'm wrong, @amolbhatia50k is wrong, SkillUp is wrong, the vast majority of Steam PC users (who apparently don't need 4090's to have a great experience, hence the review) are wrong, the overwhelmingly positive professional critics are wrong, the majority of positive RedCafe experiences are wrong, the majority positive user scores on a number of platforms and websites are wrong. Everyone's wrong.

Except Van Piorsing.

I don't even know why I even have a Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Letterbox'd or Metacritic account. I don't even know why I bother consulting the "masses", when all I have to do is consult Van Piorsing, who is apparently the arbiter of all that is altogether good and right.
Oh... as if I post so much on caf, anyway.

The game is unfinished. Lower level programists had to crunch after hours, and in the end they couldn't deliver finished product, thanks to upper structure decisions, that created massive hype and expectations before release.

I live few streets from one of their hq. When there was Witcher III open party featuring Angry Joe (youtuber) the atmosphere was very different from launch of Cyberpunk. Lots have changed. The company is now bigger and opening more studios, but this game deserve every bit of criticism.

Shit got so rancid, ex-workers founded first in Poland, labour union of devs, guess because of what exact game scandal. I don't see all these meta lords like Skill-Up picking up on it.

What's the alternative ? Sometimes it's too late for alternative. Industry is partially burning, even though you can't see the smoke yet. Even Ubisoft could die, and their investors are telling them to stop, after releasing quite many quality games in the past.

This isn't about me. I laid my 5 cents just like everyone else on the forum. My opinion is one of many. Having your own take, rather than Skill-Up telling you how to skill up at your own thinking is okay sometimes, too.

Game is good, perhaps could have a fair shot to dethrone Rockstar and Naughty Dog if not for the obvious reasons, as ambitions were bigger than Witcher III. I definitely have emotional negative charge that comes with it... Oh and fixing your game with dlc is not the right way, even for free, after two years.