Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Am i the only one playing this on base PS4? Probably won't get my ps5 until next year.
I'll be playing it on my 4 year old base PS4. I'm gonna wait a week though just to see how much fallout there is. If my PS4 was sentient I feel like this is how it would react when I begin to download it...

tenor.gif

I just splashed the 60 dollars on it on Steam. Hope it ends up being worth it and doesn't disappoint. :nervous:

The preload download on Steam is 57.3GB. Great, much less that I was expecting.

Am i the only one playing this on base PS4? Probably won't get my ps5 until next year.
I'll be playing on my 4 year old PS4. The update will be free for the PS5 anyway so I can always come back to it on the PS5 at some point if it's unplayable now.

I'm anticipating having to play with headphones on as my PS4's fan will groan under the stress.

I think I made the mistake of buying it on PS4 instead of my PC. I have a 980Ti (Zotac extreme) and an i7 3770k and have recently been playing AC: Odyssey at 4k and struggling to maintain 35fps on ultra. I had a lot of issues optimising performance so without thinking I made the decision of asking my sister to get me the PS4 version, path of least resistance and all that. Now thinking about it for more than 2 seconds I could just play at 2K with high settings and would be looking at FPS far higher, with much better graphics than my PS4 could ever hope to achieve. My sister can’t cancel it so nothing that can be done ☹️

Not sure about what I think about it so far but it makes me really feel like going to a rave party.

I'm running a 2070 Super and normally tend to game with that in 4K as I'm not fussed with going beyond 60FPS basically ever.

However with this one I'm wondering if I'm better going 1080p high settings with RT or 4K medium without RT. Anyone got any thoughts?

I haven't tended to play many games that push the card in truth :lol:

I'm running a 2070 Super and normally tend to game with that in 4K as I'm not fussed with going beyond 60FPS basically ever.

However with this one I'm wondering if I'm better going 1080p high settings with RT or 4K medium without RT. Anyone got any thoughts?

I haven't tended to play many games that push the card in truth :lol:
1440p with rtx surely?

According to SkillUp: Cyberpunk is an extraordinary game but unfinished.

I'll be waiting until it's patched after a couple of months or so.

My copy arrived in the post today. was popping out to empty the bins and it was sitting there in the corridor. Lucky one of the kids in the upstairs flat didn;t nick it.

they are like 4 and 3 mind.

it is also packaged nearly identical to the witcher with the sleeve plus the guide outside the case

By all accounts, it's a pretty CPU-heavy game and your CPU is quite a bit outdated at this point - it even bottlenecks that 1060 somewhat.

So if you had a PS4 Pro, I'd definitely say go for that one. Unfortunately, we still have no reports on how well the game runs on the base PS4. I'm struggling with the same dilemma. I might get a PS5 next week which would settle it but I might not... and I (and you) might be better off by setting everything to Low on PC than with the base PS4. Would be nice if some reviewers provided some info on the PS4.

Appreciate it mate. Yeah the CPU is from the original build back in 2013, I'll have to replace it at some point but it's an intimidating thought. I still find though my PC generally outstrips the base PS4 (tried Prey, Dishonored 2 and Outer Worlds on both in the last year, PC won every time), but there's the disadvantage on PC of having to tweak and muck with everything until it runs well.

Can say it's not running too smoothly on my base PS4. There definitely noticable drops in framerate.

Appreciate it mate. Yeah the CPU is from the original build back in 2013, I'll have to replace it at some point but it's an intimidating thought. I still find though my PC generally outstrips the base PS4 (tried Prey, Dishonored 2 and Outer Worlds on both in the last year, PC won every time), but there's the disadvantage on PC of having to tweak and muck with everything until it runs well.

Agreed that any kind of review on the base consoles would really clear the whole thing up but I haven't seen a whisper of such anywhere.
I've posted a base PS4 gameplay video in this thread, check that out.

But yeah you're probably still better off with a PC even with that CPU.

I've posted a base PS4 gameplay video in this thread, check that out.

But yeah you're probably still better off with a PC even with that CPU.

Yup, just saw that :wenger:. I've bought it on PC, we'll see how it goes but at least this way I can sacrifice features I care less about for smoothness, or vice versa

So after a few hours play I have mixed feelings. Im on a ps4 and its crashed 3 times for me so far, not sure why at this point. It runs pretty well, I dont have any issues with that and it looks great.
Im enjoying it but there is one thing that bugs me which wont make me popular on here. In terms of it being a city of the future its a big cliche, it just plays into the whole guys looking tough and women being overly sexualised, sure the costumes etc look sexy and cool but its just the same tired shit of women being portrayed a certain way and to really make myself unpopular its in a manner I see as typical of Eastern Europe. I know its just a fictional game but if thats what we are feeding ourselves its pretty fecked up.
Of course this is pretty early on in the game so maybe I will grow to understand the whole context of everything but that part is a big letdown for me.
As far as game play and in game tutorials etc its been pretty good, the acting and vocal work is pretty wooden and stiff but thats a pretty minor worry that I just completely forget about once immersed.
I can see myself putting in a lot of hours, there appears so much to do and right now the city is bewildering because at this point I dont know my way around which I love. Every new street is amazing. I can see myself running through the story from each of the 3 different scenario types so I think its one of those games thats going to be great value for money. Fingers crossed the crashes get patched out but I suspect the ps4 might be struggling a bit and once I get a ps5 I might see those problems ease off.

I'm looking forward to that video about PC optimization Alex was talking about. This game will be a serious test of even high-end systems. 1440p with DLSS will definitely be the way to go, hopefully that will allow me to run most settings above medium, including RT.

"Deus Ex with cars" - John Linneman. They had the original DE theme during that section. :drool:

So after a few hours play I have mixed feelings. Im on a ps4 and its crashed 3 times for me so far, not sure why at this point. It runs pretty well, I dont have any issues with that and it looks great.
Im enjoying it but there is one thing that bugs me which wont make me popular on here. In terms of it being a city of the future its a big cliche, it just plays into the whole guys looking tough and women being overly sexualised, sure the costumes etc look sexy and cool but its just the same tired shit of women being portrayed a certain way and to really make myself unpopular its in a manner I see as typical of Eastern Europe. I know its just a fictional game but if thats what we are feeding ourselves its pretty fecked up.
Of course this is pretty early on in the game so maybe I will grow to understand the whole context of everything but that part is a big letdown for me.
As far as game play and in game tutorials etc its been pretty good, the acting and vocal work is pretty wooden and stiff but thats a pretty minor worry that I just completely forget about once immersed.
I can see myself putting in a lot of hours, there appears so much to do and right now the city is bewildering because at this point I dont know my way around which I love. Every new street is amazing. I can see myself running through the story from each of the 3 different scenario types so I think its one of those games thats going to be great value for money. Fingers crossed the crashes get patched out but I suspect the ps4 might be struggling a bit and once I get a ps5 I might see those problems ease off.

I may be completely off the mark here but I thought that hypersexualisation was part of the ‘cyberpunk’ culture hence why a game about it is going to follow suit with that.

Watched Lirik play this for an hour or so on twitch, the general concensus from him seems to be that the city and visuals are very good, a couple of small bugs but nothing that stops the gameplay.

Pretty excited to play this with the family, I've ordered it on stadia with the chromecast deal, coupled with family sharing I think that may allow each of us to have our own saves of the game? So for £50 I'll be able to play it on the TV with a controller at familys house, and also be able to play it on my macbook which elsewise is able to run nothing. And if I've understood the family sharing right any family members in our stadia group will be able to play it on their laptops too. Doubt everything will work out as ideal as that, but interested to see how well stadia runs as a platform and as a concept as someone new to cloud gaming.

Few hours to go now. Not sure if I’ll stay up to play it at midnight but I’m also off work til 23rd December now so might do an hour or so. Still haven’t finished Persona 5 but probably won’t be able to resist wanting to play it at the same time as everyone else :lol:

I may be completely off the mark here but I thought that hypersexualisation was part of the ‘cyberpunk’ culture hence why a game about it is going to follow suit with that.

This is my understanding as well. The whole premise is supposed to be about decadence, hedonism, human desires augmented by technology etc etc as far as I'm aware

It'll definitely be a better game in 3 months time but im pretty sure im going to cave about 5 mins after 12 tonight.

Sod bugs! This game will require so many playthroughs to unearth everything, so I’ll play it plenty as it gets patched to a better standard.

I can’t wait!

One hour!!!

Been playing it for a few hours on my PS4 Pro and no major bugs, just some minor ones. But loads of loading screens, thought and prayers with the people playing on base Ps4 and Xbox.

I can't help but wish it was in third person though, I feel like I'm missing out on the world with a limited view and no attachment to my character yet, but that will come in time I'm sure. On the flip, every scene feels like a cutscene

Played a couple of hours. No bugs, looks good but will definitely benefit from a next gen upgrade, feels like it needs that extra kick of paint.

As for the game, the combat seemed okay from the 5 minutes of it you get to experience during the opening. It’s a very slow start tbh, not sure if I can be arsed with it but I sure it will pick up.

I'm making such an error trying to stay up as ill be dead at work tomorrow but you only live once. Thinking ill try and play an hour r two tonight, just to give it a go.

According to SkillUp: Cyberpunk is an extraordinary game but unfinished.

I'll be waiting until it's patched after a couple of months or so.
This is every CDPR game. Their rep comes from their excellent post-release support for their games, as well as their stance on DRM. Also GOG.

I guess my point is that CDPR is one of those studios where you're always better off giving it a couple of months before diving in to one of their games. Unless you're an impatient man-child, like me, who can't control themselves and have to play it immediately.

This is every CDPR game. Their rep comes from their excellent post-release support for their games, as well as their stance on DRM. Also GOG.

I guess my point is that CDPR is one of those studios where you're always better off giving it a couple of months before diving in to one of their games. Unless you're an impatient man-child, like me, who can't control themselves and have to play it immediately.
I won't have nearly a month of Christmas break in two months' time so tough luck, CDPR. I'm going to play your fecking game whether you like it or not.

(they probably don't care all that much about me, do they?)