Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

RTX 2080 here, so I think I'll be okay :D.

As for waiting - no chance for me. Thankfully, it seems almost all the bugs are visual/glitches, and nothing gamebreaking seems to be reported, so I think I can stomach that. Besides, Fallout: New Vegas was a glitchy mess on release, yet it was still one of the most enjoyable RPG experiences for me.

I also don't want to risk getting inadvertently spoiled.
Convinced, I am getting it too.

In GOG obviously. No need to give to Valve 30% of the money.

For anyone getting this on disc on Xbox, you can pre load it right now from the App.
I have a friend who is playing it right now on console by changing his timezone to New Zealand... turns out the graphic they put up with the times of release was PC and stadia only, not applicable to console.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do. Get it now, or wait for the game to be fixed with patches.

Thing is, it won't get cheaper for another year, and the patch is probably gonna come soon, so I guess, there is no need to wait.

Gonna play it on a laptop (Nvidia GTX 1060). What are the other PC gamers doing?
I'm going to wait a little while, just a couple of weeks so I can finish up the games I'm playing right now. Then I'll just go ahead and get the pc version. The worst bugs should be fixed at that point.

It might be worth checking out what the modding community comes up with in like 6 months time. They worked absolute wonders on The Witcher 3 with all sorts of visual and quality of life mods. That's something for a second playthrough I think.

No fair enough, makes sense if you've got the money to burn! With Christmas and having to fork out for some new expensive PC parts I was a bit short!
Yup, I think it makes sense. Honestly, it is the way how it should be, and I guess CDPR would agree with your position too (for example, they do not put any protection in the game which means that they are okay with people torrenting them if they do not have money to pay).

You can preload it right now on Xbox via the app, if you bought the disc version.

Not sure if it has been mentioned.

Yup, I think it makes sense. Honestly, it is the way how it should be, and I guess CDPR would agree with your position too (for example, they do not put any protection in the game which means that they are okay with people torrenting them if they do not have money to pay).
I'm pretty sure they've done studies and there have been other studies that prove DRM is detrimental to sales overall. I know personally I'd be much more inclined to just download a cracked game from a shithouse big company who threw game in than ones you don't. Most PC games I go and buy are ones from respectable companies who don't use DRM e.g. Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Divinity 2, and well, obviously the c*nts who use denuvo, if I really want to play it and not wait.

I cancelled my preorder after the retailer (Simply Games) tweeted that they weren't going to dispatch the game until today. Normally I'd be in the same boat as you preferring to own the physical media, but I took tomorrow off specifically to play the game, so I didn't want to chance it and just went digital instead. Also saves me time preloading the game now on my ghetto internet. Also, 100% of profits go to the developer if you buy on GoG, so that's nice too I suppose.

I preordered on PS Store. If I had gotten the disc I doubt I would have been able to play it tomorrow with my potato internet.

I thought I'd be able to start the download through the app though. Disappointing that it's not an option for preloading.

Kinda regretting going disc version now. I want to play it tonight

I'm pretty sure they've done studies and there have been other studies that prove DRM is detrimental to sales overall. I know personally I'd be much more inclined to just download a cracked game from a shithouse big company who threw game in than ones you don't. Most PC games I go and buy are ones from respectable companies who don't use DRM e.g. Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Divinity 2, and well, obviously the c*nts who use denuvo, if I really want to play it and not wait.
Could well be the case. I am more willing to give my money to CDPR that does things right, than to some scummy company like EA. My main point was though:

- if you can afford it, buy it in your country.
- if you cannot, but can afford to buy in some other country (for cheaper) using some VPN, then do so (or wait till it gets cheaper).
- if neither, then just torrent it and play it (but later when you have money, consider buying it).

Anyway, tomorrow after work, I am so gonna enjoy this. I do not expect a GOAT candidate like The Witcher 3 but hopefully it is going to be a great game.

Seen Shroud playing it for 5mins, had a crash :lol:
Not sure if hes playing with the day 1 patch though.

Very impressive with the loading screens though. Definetly adds immersion.

This thread activity is making me want to buy it.

However my base PS4 screaming at me playing sniper elite 4 which is a few years old is telling me it wouldn't be wise.

My only real worry in this game is that Keanu Reeves sounds so campy to me in every clip I've seen or line I've heard.
I was worried about him being a bit too much, but almost every review I’ve read say his character is a very good edition to the game.

Are you going to get hung up on the semantics of "tonight"? ;)
Oh, people might stay awake for that. I guess I feel too old about that, but tomorrow after my work's meetings, for sure I am gonna spend a few hours on it. :)

10 hours over here...very excited. Bit worried about how given 2020 the world might be a touch grim, but otherwise have huge faith in that studio. Tempted to try and take Friday off...

Oh, people might stay awake for that. I guess I feel too old about that, but tomorrow after my work's meetings, for sure I am gonna spend a few hours on it. :)
I'm off on holiday for the rest of the year so I decided to not stay up - I'll get up early tomorrow morning and do it properly, marathon session.

A bit cringe and try-hard but she's led a sheltered life if that's the most embarrassing thing she's ever read.

The "We'll never get out of the group!" thread in the United forum beats it for a start.

A bit cringe and try-hard but she's led a sheltered life if that's the most embarrassing thing she's ever read.

The "We'll never get out of the group!" thread in the United forum beats it for a start.
wine milf might not read a lot of RedCafe though.

She should, of course.

Not really watching, but listening to Shroud play a bit. Seems to be the obvious performance issues and some graphics glitches, but nothing major so far. There's a hell of a lot of options on the PC too, which is very encouraging.

Not really watching, but listening to Shroud play a bit. Seems to be the obvious performance issues and some graphics glitches, but nothing major so far. There's a hell of a lot of options on the PC too, which is very encouraging.
Don't want to spoil myself, but any mention of options like npc density sliders? I'm assuming the usual options such as FOV sliders are all there.

I have it preloaded on steam. Will they allow us to pre load the 50GB patch? Because I wanna play at midnight tonight ffs!

The patches are what prompted me to cancel my disc and grab a digital version. It'd be torture having to wait for massive update files to download and install
There is a rumour that the files included in the preload for PC are compressed so it's just an uncompressing process to unlock and play. If that's the case we shouldn't really have to wait around for a long time.

There is a rumour that the files included in the preload for PC are compressed so it's just an uncompressing process to unlock and play. If that's the case we shouldn't really have to wait around for a long time.
Where'd you read that? Encouraging if true.