Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Ive only done an hour or so. Looks pretty cool so far. Only real complaint early on is the acting etc and voice work feels pretty wooden but its also a style Im not used to so will probably get used to it pretty quickly. Runs pretty smoothly on my PS4, quite a bit to take in at first. Still getting used to the controls etc.

Don't want to spoil myself, but any mention of options like npc density sliders? I'm assuming the usual options such as FOV sliders are all there.

I've not really heard, I just saw a lot of graphics options to fine tune. I imagine his machine is the best it can be, but he's talking about 50-60fps with most settings to medium, no idea of the res he's using but you'd expect with those settings it had to be true 4k.

I saw both he and Loserfruit walking around and the city definitely drops lots of frames but seems ok for density, though not crazy.

Ive only done an hour or so. Looks pretty cool so far. Only real complaint early on is the acting etc and voice work feels pretty wooden but its also a style Im not used to so will probably get used to it pretty quickly. Runs pretty smoothly on my PS4, quite a bit to take in at first. Still getting used to the controls etc.

Yeah the animations and especially speech are the same.

It looks pretty overall though.

I've not really heard, I just saw a lot of graphics options to fine tune. I imagine his machine is the best it can be, but he's talking about 50-60fps with most settings to medium, no idea of the res he's using but you'd expect with those settings it had to be true 4k.

I saw both he and Loserfruit walking around and the city definitely drops lots of frames but seems ok for density, though not crazy.
Just saw some screenshots of the settings, there is indeed a population density slider under gameplay settings :)

Also from what I know Shroud doesn't have a 4k monitor.

Remember spoiler basically most shit to be sure. People will be at different stages of the game.

Fair play to SkillUp. Delaying his review so he didn't have to comply to CDPR ridiculous decision to not allow reviewers to use their own footage has probably cost him a decent wedge in ad revenue.

Remember spoiler basically most shit to be sure. People will be at different stages of the game.

I think everything needs to be spoilered. The fact small decisions can have huge impacts on events means most people will have entirely different experiences throughout

15GB update now on my Xbox for it, incase anyone else has 'instant-on' on but update not automatically done for some reason (like me)

Fair play to SkillUp. Delaying his review so he didn't have to comply to CDPR ridiculous decision to not allow reviewers to use their own footage has probably cost him a decent wedge in ad revenue.

Good for them.

I find it rather weird, and even a little bit pathetic in a way, that so many people seem to think this should simply be accepted because it's CDPR and you know, "the witcher 3 launched with problems!". Well yeah, but that doesn't mean we should just accept if something is rushed and not quite finished.

I'd always take a fully realised game (and I'm not talking bugs here) and wait, than a rushed game that has to lose out some of what the vision was. I'm not saying Cyberpunk is like that, but it wouldn't surprise me if like some of the past games (KOTOR2, Vampire the Masquerade, Bioshock:Infinite spring to mind instantly) there has been content dumbed and even cut altogether just to meet this latest deadline.

Is it a game I should buy now or can it wait?

Do you have other games to play? If you do, then wait.

That is my advice to people who are going to play it on consoles. If you don’t really care about performance or bugs then go ahead and play it.

I preordered on PS Store. If I had gotten the disc I doubt I would have been able to play it tomorrow with my potato internet.

I thought I'd be able to start the download through the app though. Disappointing that it's not an option for preloading.
What do you mean? You can preload the game if you buy it digitally from the PS store.

Do you have other games to play? If you do, then wait.

That is my advice to people who are going to play it on consoles. If you don’t really care about performance or bugs then go ahead and play it.
Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim were riddled with bugs at launch - still played them and loved them.

I preordered on PS Store. If I had gotten the disc I doubt I would have been able to play it tomorrow with my potato internet.

I thought I'd be able to start the download through the app though. Disappointing that it's not an option for preloading.

The app and website are broken regarding preloading through them since the update. You could do that on the PS4 app and add it to your download list.

You can. You just need to do it via the console and not the app/website. As that parts broken since they upgraded both for some reason.
Quelle surprise. Something isn’t working on the ps5

As far as I'm aware. If not I've just paid a 5er extra for no reason
Yeh as Bojan explained you can do it through the console which I did yesterday. I also did a small update but I’m guessing when I launch the game there will be a further update which hopefully won’t take too long.

Good for them.

I find it rather weird, and even a little bit pathetic in a way, that so many people seem to think this should simply be accepted because it's CDPR and you know, "the witcher 3 launched with problems!". Well yeah, but that doesn't mean we should just accept if something is rushed and not quite finished.

I'd always take a fully realised game (and I'm not talking bugs here) and wait, than a rushed game that has to lose out some of what the vision was. I'm not saying Cyberpunk is like that, but it wouldn't surprise me if like some of the past games (KOTOR2, Vampire the Masquerade, Bioshock:Infinite spring to mind instantly) there has been content dumbed and even cut altogether just to meet this latest deadline.

I only became aware of SkillUp during TLOU2 controversy when certain posters started using his review as a means to justify their agendas.

Honestly it put me off watching him, but when I eventually did, he's refreshingly impartial and I find i agree with him on most things. IMO the best reviewer out there atm. If he's saying it's good inspite of the bugs it bodes well.

To be fair CDPR gave an unpatched version to reviewers to allow them to get reviews ready in time for release. They didn't want pre-release footage going out on screenshots as it would just turn into shots of random bugs. They said any footage must be from the day 1 patch provided from release. I can see why they would want this as every video would be from a not quite finished game. Having saying that, bet it's a bugfest anyway initially.

Some reviewers have said they will base their reviews on the day 1 patch and not mentioned the screenshots, which is a better way of saying it I think as they want the review to be gameplay (not just footage) of the finished version.

Last edited:
To be fair CDPR gave an unpatched version to reviewers to allow them to get reviews ready in time for release considering the game. They didn't want pre-release footage going out on screenshots as it would just turn into shots of random bugs. They said any footage must be from the day 1 patch provided from release. I can see why they would want this as every video would be from a not quite finished game. Having saying that, bet it's a bugfest anyway initially.

Some reviewers have said they will base their reviews on the day 1 patch and not mentioned the screenshots, which is a better way of saying it I think as they want the review to be gameplay (not just footage) of the finished version.
It would have been better PR for them to just allow any and all footage though. This kind of restriction harms their reputation as a good guy in the industry. It's not like they really gained anything: pretty much everyone confirms that yes, the game has a lot of bugs. In addition to that, a lot of people also call out the company on their behaviour. One of these things at least would have been avoidable.

I'll still spend 15+ hours playing the game tomorrow, mind you.

Am i the only one playing this on base PS4? Probably won't get my ps5 until next year.

It would have been better PR for them to just allow any and all footage though. This kind of restriction harms their reputation as a good guy in the industry. It's not like they really gained anything: pretty much everyone confirms that yes, the game has a lot of bugs. In addition to that, a lot of people also call out the company on their behaviour. One of these things at least would have been avoidable.

I'll still spend 15+ hours playing the game tomorrow, mind you.
Damage limitation most likely