Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Disagree. Great song also.
Billie Eilish is great. The song is alright. Doesn't go at all with the game though. If I saw that ad on tv and didn't know much about the game, I wouldn't be very excited by it

Debating whether to get this on PC (GTX 1060, i5 3570k, HDD) or PS4 (base model). Imagine I'll be able to find better performance on PC, but this seems like the kind of game I'd rather play on a 55" TV than a 26" monitor
By all accounts, it's a pretty CPU-heavy game and your CPU is quite a bit outdated at this point - it even bottlenecks that 1060 somewhat.

So if you had a PS4 Pro, I'd definitely say go for that one. Unfortunately, we still have no reports on how well the game runs on the base PS4. I'm struggling with the same dilemma. I might get a PS5 next week which would settle it but I might not... and I (and you) might be better off by setting everything to Low on PC than with the base PS4. Would be nice if some reviewers provided some info on the PS4.

By all accounts, it's a pretty CPU-heavy game and your CPU is quite a bit outdated at this point - it even bottlenecks that 1060 somewhat.

So if you had a PS4 Pro, I'd definitely say go for that one. Unfortunately, we still have no reports on how well the game runs on the base PS4. I'm struggling with the same dilemma. I might get a PS5 next week which would settle it but I might not... and I (and you) might be better off by setting everything to Low on PC than with the base PS4. Would be nice if some reviewers provided some info on the PS4.
From what I've read the game has a massive amount of configuration options on PC, though, to suit all semi-modern cards. A GTX 1060 is actually what's recommended for it on high at 1080p. Seems a no brainer to me to go for it on PC even if his CPU is a little below the recommended.

From what I've read the game has a massive amount of configuration options on PC, though, to suit all semi-modern cards. A GTX 1060 is actually what's recommended for it on high at 1080p. Seems a no brainer to me to go for it on PC even if his CPU is a little below the recommended.
Well, it's definitely a more powerful PC than the base PS4, that's true.

The fecking Euronics could really hurry up and tell me if they can fulfil my PS5 order or not. If I can't get a PS5 until next year then I'll get this game on PC.

Well, it's definitely a more powerful PC than the base PS4, that's true.

The fecking Euronics could really hurry up and tell me if they can fulfil my PS5 order or not. If I can't get a PS5 until next year then I'll get this game on PC.
it's an FPS RPG, it's tailor made for PC. Don't be a loser man.

One of us, one of us!

it's an FPS RPG, it's tailor made for PC. Don't be a loser man.

One of us, one of us!
The PS5 shits all over my PC though :) Like from a great distance. Like it eats it for breakfast and then it shits it out so then it can shit ALL OVER IT again.

So there's that.

The PS5 shits all over my PC though :) Like from a great distance. Like it eats it for breakfast and then it shits it out so then than it can shit ALL OVER IT again.

So there's that.
Ha, I know, the PS5 is amazing. I'd nearly see myself buying it on it too for another replay once it comes down in price just for the sake of being able to sit on the couch and play it on my LG. We also just got a new puppy so technically it'd be much easier for me to choose the PS5 in the living room over the PC in the spare room but I just gotta go PC first.

Mines on 48hour tracked so be lucky to get it this week with the current state of Royal Mail :lol:

Ha, I know, the PS5 is amazing. I'd nearly see myself buying it on it too for another replay once it comes down in price just for the sake of being able to sit on the couch and play it on my LG. We also just got a new puppy so technically it'd be much easier for me to choose the PS5 in the living room over zzz the PC in the spare room but I just gotta go PC first.
Bet you can’t to play it sat upright at ye desk in ye bucket seat #pcpastarace

This is a downside for me, my PC desk isn't comfortable and this is one of those long ass games.
Aha yeah I bet it looks great on pc to be fair, but I’d deffo rather not be at a desk for this one

Work got me a Secretlab gaming chair last month and I've a nice big desk :drool:
That’s a touch. Bonus is you’ll be able to fit it inside your Subaru Impreza when you go rallying

Mines on 48hour tracked so be lucky to get it this week with the current state of Royal Mail :lol:
Mine is too. Saying between 10.30 and 2.30 tomorrow on tracking. So much for getting it early but I’ll take it

Got all excited seeing the timer run down to Zero, then 12 hours pops up on it :lol:. You sunuvabitch! Tonight it is then.

Ok so clicked to play as the time delay has expired and now I have a 28 gig update file to wait for. feckers.

Just a heads up - do NOT read the comments for any Cyberpunk YouTube videos. Low lives spoiling the ending.

I don't know whether to cancel my order before it's dispatched and buy the digital version.

Generally I prefer owning the disc but I don't really trade games in anymore but I don't want to be sat around waiting for hours tomorrow night while it downloads all the updates

I don't know whether to cancel my order before it's dispatched and buy the digital version.

Generally I prefer owning the disc but I don't really trade games in anymore but I don't want to be sat around waiting for hours tomorrow night while it downloads all the updates
I cancelled my preorder after the retailer (Simply Games) tweeted that they weren't going to dispatch the game until today. Normally I'd be in the same boat as you preferring to own the physical media, but I took tomorrow off specifically to play the game, so I didn't want to chance it and just went digital instead. Also saves me time preloading the game now on my ghetto internet. Also, 100% of profits go to the developer if you buy on GoG, so that's nice too I suppose.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do. Get it now, or wait for the game to be fixed with patches.

Thing is, it won't get cheaper for another year, and the patch is probably gonna come soon, so I guess, there is no need to wait.

Gonna play it on a laptop (Nvidia GTX 1060). What are the other PC gamers doing?

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do. Get it now, or wait for the game to be fixed with patches.

Thing is, it won't get cheaper for another year, and the patch is probably gonna come soon, so I guess, there is no need to wait.

Gonna play it on a laptop (Nvidia GTX 1060). What are the other PC gamers doing?
For me it's worth playing right now even if there is a load of bugs. CDPR were decent at communication and fixing things with TW3, hopefully the same this time round.

You can get it for ~£20 with a VPN to the GOG Russian store.

RTX 2080 here, so I think I'll be okay :D.

As for waiting - no chance for me. Thankfully, it seems almost all the bugs are visual/glitches, and nothing gamebreaking seems to be reported, so I think I can stomach that. Besides, Fallout: New Vegas was a glitchy mess on release, yet it was still one of the most enjoyable RPG experiences for me.

I also don't want to risk getting inadvertently spoiled.

For me it's worth playing right now even if there is a load of bugs. CDPR were decent at communication and fixing things with TW3, hopefully the same this time round.

You can get it for ~£20 with a VPN to the GOG Russian store.
Yep, I am thinking to trust CDPR.

I do not think it is morally ethical to buy it for less by using a VPN. That would be stealing 30 pounds from CDPR. While at that, I could easily torrent it (which would be stealing 50 pounds). I have done both these things in the past when I was short in cash, but now I can afford so if I decide to buy it, I’ll buy the way CDPR decides (with the price it is in the country I live).

Sorry if it came as patronizing.

i'm expecting the PC version to be better optimized and less buggy than the console versions on launch, they did seem to give it a big priority, especially with GOG being their own platform after all. Obviously it will still be buggy, but so was The Witcher 3 and they were constantly patching it.

For anyone getting this on disc on Xbox, you can pre load it right now from the App.

Yep, I am thinking to trust CDPR.

I do not think it is morally ethical to buy it for less by using a VPN. That would be stealing 30 pounds from CDPR. While at that, I could easily torrent it (which would be stealing 50 pounds). I have done both these things in the past when I was short in cash, but now I can afford so if I decide to buy it, I’ll buy the way CDPR decides (with the price it is in the country I live).

Sorry if it came as patronizing.
No fair enough, makes sense if you've got the money to burn! With Christmas and having to fork out for some new expensive PC parts I was a bit short!