Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

That’s what I’m doing atm. This is my third time trying to get into the game, the first was on release when the bugs made it unplayable for me, second time was when the show came out and I just found it boring, but third time‘s the charm, I’m really enjoying it now. Having a lot of fun being a ninja with a katana.
Yeah going with this too and its great fun.

I played first time round as a stealthy netrunner, so its refreshing how much quicker shit gets done by just dashing in and shinobi-ing the feck out of anything that moves :lol:

If by delivered again you mean they finally gave us something close to the game we were initially promised almost 3 years later, then sure.

This.

Its basically had 3 years early access like Baldurs Gate.

Yeah going with this too and its great fun.

I played first time round as a stealthy netrunner, so its refreshing how much quicker shit gets done by just dashing in and shinobi-ing the feck out of anything that moves :lol:

Yeah I’m really enjoying it, I’m quite impatient as well so I just love zooming everywhere and decapitating my enemies.

Now that I’m enjoying the combat (no idea how the gunplay is though), it’s given me a newfound appreciation for the story elements and characters. I still find some of the lines a little bit cringe, but overall I’m really enjoying the story and the various characters.

Have to say DLSS is a real game changer. Thought my 2080 was on its last legs for high-ultra settings, but I'm able to get a stable 60fps with Ray tracing in performance mode.

Having looked at some of the footage of the game using path tracing in 4k, I'm foolishly tempted to splash out for a 4090, but then I'll also need a new CPU to prevent it being bottlenecked....and a 4k monitor. But again I'd probably also need to splash out on a good divorce lawyer.

I tried purchasing the DLC this morning but ended up accidently buying the PS5 version of the base game. Since I already own the ps4 version which is automatically update I just wasted 30 bucks in a month Im skint.

I tried purchasing the DLC this morning but ended up accidently buying the PS5 version of the base game. Since I already own the ps4 version which is automatically update I just wasted 30 bucks in a month Im skint.

Pretty sure you can refund it, if you don't have any playtime on the new account.

They should give you a refund

You cant if you have started a download. Havnt played it but the refund policy makes it quite clear if you have started the download you lose the right to a refund .

Last edited:
You cant if you have started a download. Havnt played it but the refund policy makes it quite clear if you have started the download you lose the right to a refund .

Tried CDPR support? They helped many players back during release when PS Store rejected the refund. Pretty sure they will be tolerant with a missclick, especially if you already own one copy of the game.

Finally got into Dogtown last night to start the expansion on my newbie. Twitch streams in the background at work so I can get the Infiltrator jacket.
It seems more difficult to sneak this time around, they spot you much easier. Anyone else noticed?
Not really. But it seems if you are going for a super stealth build you would want to invest more in the Cool tree. But I'm almost totally skipping that tree in my build i think total like 4 points for me. Then if you get like Optical camo, then Emergency Cloaking in the Relic tree with expansion you can also go invis in combat. Predator!

Finally got into Dogtown last night to start the expansion on my newbie. Twitch streams in the background at work so I can get the Infiltrator jacket.

Not really. But it seems if you are going for a super stealth build you would want to invest more in the Cool tree. But I'm almost totally skipping that tree in my build i think total like 4 points for me. Then if you get like Optical camo, then Emergency Cloaking in the Relic tree with expansion you can also go invis in combat. Predator!

Im putting everything in cool because I’m a cool guy. Question though, with the expansion can you do it if you’ve completed the game or do you need to buy it before then?

It seems more difficult to sneak this time around, they spot you much easier. Anyone else noticed?
Perhaps.

Till I realised I had more fun and got stuff done quicker by super jumping into the middle of all enemies, activating my sandevistan, slicing everyone to pieces and deflecting sniper bullets back at enemies Jedi style.

Honestly the new playstyle has given this game a new lease of life for me.

So I figured post 2.0 patch is finally the time for me to get this game. Crashed a couple of times on startup, eventually managed to get into the character creation only to crash halfway through. Took me another 3-4 crashes during or shortly after character creation to finally get going. Managed to play for about 15 minutes until it crashed to desktop again. This is going great! :lol: I'm so happy I'm playing the most stable version of the game after about 3 years of patching.

So I figured post 2.0 patch is finally the time for me to get this game. Crashed a couple of times on startup, eventually managed to get into the character creation only to crash halfway through. Took me another 3-4 crashes during or shortly after character creation to finally get going. Managed to play for about 15 minutes until it crashed to desktop again. This is going great! :lol: I'm so happy I'm playing the most stable version of the game after about 3 years of patching.
Yikes, what platform? Crashed once for me on PC.

Performance on my card is literally the exact same as it was for me at launch though, no difference in FPS, so feck knows what they were optimising for the last 3 years.

also fecking hell the game takes AGES to get going and let you do anything. I’m 3 hours in and just drove a car 100 metres for the first time only to go into another cutscene to get implants or something. It’s an open world, let’s me fecking explore it!

maybe I just need to give up on the base game and go for phantom Liberty. Doesn’t look like 2.0 has changed anything with it.

Performance on my card is literally the exact same as it was for me at launch though, no difference in FPS, so feck knows what they were optimising for the last 3 years.

also fecking hell the game takes AGES to get going and let you do anything. I’m 3 hours in and just drove a car 100 metres for the first time only to go into another cutscene to get implants or something. It’s an open world, let’s me fecking explore it!

maybe I just need to give up on the base game and go for phantom Liberty. Doesn’t look like 2.0 has changed anything with it.

In some sense the first 6ish hours are an intro. There's lots I enjoy about cyberpunk's storytelling, but pacing isn't included in that

well apparently im immortal now. ffs cdpr, cant be right that i have to scroll through my saves to see when the bug happened. fix yo shit.

I'm on pc. I'm happy enough with the performance though. I wanted to see if my trusty 2080ti could still run this with RT enabled, and with everything set to medium, all RT settings on at 1440p DLSS balanced, it's fairly consistent around the 55-60 fps mark. No idea how that will hold up in combat, though, but so far I can't complain about performance. Now I just have to find a way to stop the crashes.

I'm on pc. I'm happy enough with the performance though. I wanted to see if my trusty 2080ti could still run this with RT enabled, and with everything set to medium, all RT settings on at 1440p DLSS balanced, it's fairly consistent around the 55-60 fps mark. No idea how that will hold up in combat, though, but so far I can't complain about performance. Now I just have to find a way to stop the crashes.
Nice! My 2060 Super gets the same but with ray tracing off. I’d love a new card but the price is absurd.

Going for a reinstall, this is pointless. Tried a bunch of stuff but just getting into the game is a crashfest. I don't really know what I expected, but certainly not this.

I beat it the first playthrough with 2080ti before I got my new card this year. You def should be able to play at those settings. Everything else at the recommended etc? And what brand 2080ti? Not that it should matter with the latest Nvidia drivers just wondering if maybe there could be others with a similar issue or specific setup seeing the same problem.

What GPU are you running?

I'm on an RTX 2080 and the game is running leaps and bounds above what it was on launch. DLSS has been an absolute game changer and has given me an additional 30+ FPS with Ray tracing switched on (with some tweaking).

Edit: Just seen you're running a 2060...try tweaking the DLSS settings.

I beat it the first playthrough with 2080ti before I got my new card this year. You def should be able to play at those settings. Everything else at the recommended etc? And what brand 2080ti? Not that it should matter with the latest Nvidia drivers just wondering if maybe there could be others with a similar issue or specific setup seeing the same problem.
There seem to be a lot of people out there with similar problems after 2.0, many of them on 3070's, 3080's and even some on 4090's, so it doesn't seem related to any specific card. Some recommend switching off RT altogether on the latest Nvidia drivers, so I guess I'll try that after work.

I gave up yesterday night after a reinstall. Suddenly the game wouldn't let me switch on DLSS anymore. That seems to be a known issue as well, I had to completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers and then do a fresh install. That fixed the DLSS issue but the game consistently crashed to desktop immediately after loading my save. Whatever it is, it's clearly going to be a frustrating experience trying to find the root cause.

What GPU are you running?

I'm on an RTX 2080 and the game is running leaps and bounds above what it was on launch. DLSS has been an absolute game changer and has given me an additional 30+ FPS with Ray tracing switched on (with some tweaking).

Edit: Just seen you're running a 2060...try tweaking the DLSS settings.
2060 Super* :)

it always ran at max settings with DLSS enabled (auto or performance) at 60ish for me. Ray tracing was just too much for my card, knocked it down to 30 or 40. Still does the exact same now.

Ha, turns out the game wasn't at fault for all the crashes at all. Did some memtests and found out one of my memory sticks is faulty. Didn't give any issues before, just a case of unfortunate timing I guess. I knew something was up when blue screens started appearing as well.

It runs perfectly stable with just the one memory stick, though I had to switch off the RT for now as 16GB doesn't quite cut it. Already ordered a replacement so I should be good to go soon.

About 5-6 hours into the DLC and it's pretty good. Not Blood and Wine quality (so far) but pretty good.

Some good little missions and fun boss fights. A very solid 8 out of 10 so far i'd say.

I shot Fiona in the face rather than agree to her deal or just asking her for the data. That might have been a bit harsh but the kids she got rid of were sent back to their parents with severe illness and weren't looked after so feck her. No more Erling Haaland's will be created in this world :p

I don't feel it has the same depth as the Witcher 3 but I enjoy the dialogue choices and making my mind up. Side quests are a lot more fun that in FF16 for instance.

Is it me or are the cyberpsychos a lot harder in 2.0? I guess the level scaling and the rework of health items and grenades does that.

I have to say I’m having a blast with this again. The new skill trees and making a particular build is an absolute game changer. The new dash abilities combined with the melee skills is insane and I’m slicing through groups of enemies in no time, but it’s the right level of difficult too where you can quickly become overwhelmed. For someone who enjoyed this game when it came out, this has gone up another level and I’m jealous of anyone that has never played it and can jump in for the first time now because it’s in a brilliant place. I think I’m approaching the ability to get to the DLC area but as usual spending soo much time just doing side content that it’s taking me awhile.

Anyone know how to stop the constant shaking of the screen because of the relic? I didnt remember it to be this constant before the update.

I think I’m approaching the ability to get to the DLC area but as usual spending soo much time just doing side content that it’s taking me awhile.

Tell me about it. Takemura still waiting at Tom's diner to start the story, while I'm lvl 35 already cleared all of Watson and Westbrook :lol:
I also spent like 3 hours yesterday to visit all important locations of Edgerunners. Damn the roof over Lucy's apartment with the "stay at your house" song hit hard. Also Rebecca's weapon, David's jacket and some other places :(

Last edited: