College Football 2024

That's some hyperbole there. Ewers came into this game 44 of 63 with 6 passing TDs. Last night, he was 14 of 16 for 185 and 2 scores before he got hurt, exiting with Texas up 14-0 and having moved them to the UTSA 20 which led to Arch's first passing score in relief. This game was never going to be a contest. Ewers was on his way to 3-4 passing scores, 250+ yards, and probably would have undressed at half-time.

I'm not saying Ewers isn't good as well, just that Manning, despite being younger, is significantly ahead in terms of his development. He is a special player whose mechanics and temperament are unsurprisingly similar to Peyton's circa 1997. Therefore, I can't see a situation where both play at UT next year. If Ewers is sporadically injured this year to where it drops his draft status and he feels he needs to play another year, then I can't see him staying at UT (or else Manning could go, but that's more unlikely).

I'm not saying Ewers isn't good as well, just that Manning, despite being younger, is significantly ahead in terms of his development. His mechanics and temperament are unsurprisingly similar to Peyton's circa 1997. Therefore, I can't see a situation where both play at UT next year. If Ewers is sporadically injured this year to where it drops his draft status and he feels he needs to play another year, then I can't see him staying at UT (or else Manning could go, but that's more unlikely).

That's not what your post was speculating. The post was worded as Ewers getting benched this year without any context nor without actually knowing what was occurring in the cupcake game vs UTSA. Both QBs lit up an under-strength UTSA side.

Ewers will likely go in the 2025 draft opening the full-time job for Arch going forward. If Ewers does not declare, one of them will likely transfer out, that's fairly obvious to anyone.

That's not what your post was speculating. The post was worded as Ewers getting benched this year without any context nor without actually knowing what was occurring in the cupcake game vs UTSA. Both QBs lit up an under-strength UTSA side.

Ewers will likely go in the 2025 draft opening the full-time job for Arch going forward. If Ewers does not declare, one of them will likely transfer out, that's fairly obvious to anyone.

My speculation was grounded in the fact that Ewers is injured, and depending on how long he's out for, will mean Manning is the guy. Now if Manning continues playing at the level he did yesterday, it will make it very difficult to bench him once Ewers is 100% again. There was already considerable fan base pressure on Sark to see more of Manning even when Ewers was healthy, so I can't imagine he would bench him if he's playing well, especially since Manning got more rushing yards in one play last night than Ewers probably has in his entire 4 year college career.

My speculation was grounded in the fact that Ewers is injured, and depending on how long he's out for, will mean Manning is the guy. Now if Manning continues playing at the level he did yesterday, it will make it very difficult to bench him once Ewers is 100% again. There was already considerable fan base pressure on Sark to see more of Manning even when Ewers was healthy, so I can't imagine he would bench him if he's playing well, especially since Manning got more rushing yards in one play last night than Ewers probably has in his entire 4 year college career.

Yep, double down Raoul is on it again. No mention of the injury in your initial post. And suddenly you're the Texas fanbase expert, well done, Sir.

Yep, double down Raoul is on it again. No mention of the injury in your initial post. And suddenly you're the Texas fanbase expert, well done, Sir.

It was obvious that the post was made after Ewers left the game with an abdominal injury and Manning had to come on. And you don't have to be a UT fanbase expert to read up on UT fanbase comments on twitter.

It was obvious that the post was made after Ewers left the game with an abdominal injury and Manning had to come on. And you don't have to be a UT fanbase expert to read up on UT fanbase comments on twitter.

Texas fans are quite happy with Ewers and know they have another stud in the making in Arch. If his last name wasn't Manning, let's say it was Murphy*, no one would care the backup had a field day against UTSA.

Twitter is a cesspool of opinion and irrationality, the UT fans and alum I engage are thrilled with Ewers, and the coaching staff appears to be as well. I see both are excellent QBs and believe Arch may develop into the better player in career comparison but it's Quinn's job barring long-term injury or self-destruction of sorts.

*Last year's backup now at Duke having a good season so far.