College Football 2024

this game has upgraded my view of USC’s visit to Michigan from “don’t get embarrassed” to “maybe?”.

vince-vince-mcmahon.gif

35 points in a quarter

Notre Dame - yikes

Stayed awake long enough to watch the first half of the SC game (11pm start time, seriously?). Defense looked good again and there was a focus and intensity that has been missing. Bye week next week and then off the Michigan.

Decent slate of games today…

Noon- LSU vs South Carolina
Noon- Alabama vs Wisconsin
1245- Boston College vs Mizzou
330- WVU vs Pitt
330- Wash St vs Washington
330- Oregon vs Oregon State
730- Colorado vs Colorado St
730- Georgia vs Kentucky

Cocks are running rampant. Kelly might have one foot out the door if he loses again today.
I just wonder if Kelly is any worse off than Mike Norvell. FSU have been an absolute disaster this season and they're losing again at HT in today's game.

I just wonder if Kelly is any worse off than Mike Norvell. FSU have been an absolute disaster this season and they're losing again at HT in today's game.

I think FSU’s problems are mainly down to the QB. Last year they had a very good one, this year they have a terrible one. Assuming Norvell survives this year, he’s going to have to get a better QB from the portal, which won’t be easy.

I think FSU’s problems are mainly down to the QB. Last year they had a very good one, this year they have a terrible one. Assuming Norvell survives this year, he’s going to have to get a better QB from the portal, which won’t be easy.
I can’t tell you how exited the Clemson fan base was to see DJU go to FSU

These officials in the LSU/SC game should be investigated. They've been atrocious in the last couple series and have literally cost SC a massive gain and subsequently SC turnover inside their own 20 instead of a first down deep in LSU territory.

:lol: How the hell was that a personal foul on the pick six? I could understand if the SC player blindsided the QB with a legit hard body leveraged block or targeted with his helmet, but all he did was give a blocking shove.

Just seen a quote on TV that FSU is the 9th preseason top 10 team to go 0-3.

Does anybody happen to know if a preseason top 10 team ever lost their first 4 games or could FSU be the first?

Just seen a quote on TV that FSU is the 9th preseason top 10 team to go 0-3.

Does anybody happen to know if a preseason top 10 team ever lost their first 4 games or could FSU be the first?
If anybody cares, after much searching I found my answer.

3 preseason top ten teams went 0-4 and one team (2020 Penn State) actually went 0-5.

FSU does have the distinction, however, of being the only preseason top 10 team to lose its first 3 games against unranked opponents.

If anybody cares, after much searching I found my answer.

3 preseason top ten teams went 0-4 and one team (2020 Penn State) actually went 0-5.

FSU does have the distinction, however, of being the only preseason top 10 team to lose its first 3 games against unranked opponents.
Thanks! That 2020 season should get an asterisk though as nothing was normal.

Ewers is the current Heisman favorite and he’s being outperformed by his backup. I suspect he may not play again if Manning keeps it up.

That's some hyperbole there. Ewers came into this game 44 of 63 with 6 passing TDs. Last night, he was 14 of 16 for 185 and 2 scores before he got hurt, exiting with Texas up 14-0 and having moved them to the UTSA 20 which led to Arch's first passing score in relief. This game was never going to be a contest. Ewers was on his way to 3-4 passing scores, 250+ yards, and probably would have undressed at half-time.