City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

I can see them bringing the case just to pay lip service to the idea that they are vigilant and impartial when it comes to these things.

Not saying I think that’s the case, but that’s usually how corruption goes in the west when something’s too public to bury.
But even if that were their motivation, they'll be equally motivated to prove their allegations of systemic cheating, financial doping, money laundering, fraud and corruption for the same reasons.

The punishments is out of their hands, short of a settlement. A settlement is surely out of the question though after 6 years of legal delays by CFG.

I can't see how City come out of this without anything other than a time-limited expulsion of at least 5 years.

I think at worst for City it will be a multi year point deduction and fine. Premier League is not going to kill off a top selling brand. Man City sells the fourth most kits worldwide.

Liverpool 1.81 million units
Man United 1.8 million units
Chelsea 1.4 million units
Man City 1.1 million units

I think at worst for City it will be a multi year point deduction and fine. Premier League is not going to kill off a top selling brand. Man City sells the fourth most kits worldwide.

Finding it hard to believe City sells more kits than Arsenal

Anything involving citeh and finance must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Anything involving citeh and finance must be taken with a pinch of salt.
Not to mention that they're so dominant, and have made the league so boring, and yet they can still only manage 4th.

I also find it hard to believe that a club who routinely fail to fill their stadium are really selling that many shirts legitimately.

Not to mention that they're so dominant, and have made the league so boring, and yet they can still only manage 4th.

I also find it hard to believe that a club who routinely fail to fill their stadium are really selling that many shirts legitimately.
The Sheikh is probably buying them in bulk himself.

If anything that helps build credibility. It's actually an easy decision. They would think twice had it been United or Liverpool

I spent extensive time in Asia and Africa over the past 2 years, and live in Australia, and I can categorically say I have not seen even one City jersey. 80% are either United or Liverpool, with Arsenal also having a fair share of the market.

Don't bother with something so pathetic then

If a rape case can be made public and reported by the media every chance, why is this not reported by main stream media as it should?

No way city sell that much kits.

I routinely travel to india, malaysia and singapore. Never seen anyone wearing a city kit. Almost always ManUtd, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and sometimes Real. Who the hell wears a city kit?!

I routinely travel to india, malaysia and singapore. Never seen anyone wearing a city kit. Almost always ManUtd, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and sometimes Real. Who the hell wears a city kit?!
Was in singapore a week ago, and could not believe how many United and Liverpool kits I saw. It wouldve been in the hundreds.

The only things these 'figures' prove is how successful the whole sports washing exercise has been for them. People online peddling complete nonsense as justification for their state owned existence

They've sold a million more shirts than they have actual fans - City are a massive club

Don't know where you guys are going; I've seen way more City kits on my travels than any of the aforementioned on my travels the past 2-years, at least. Ditto pink Inter Miami Messi kits and C.Ronaldo ones. That's across 3 continents.

Even in UK there are a lot of kids wearing City kits now where in the past, you wouldn't see any outside of Manchester.

City have their clutches in due to persistent success, aesthetics that young kids are associating with the "right way" to play, Guardiola and also the star pull of Haaland and De Bruyne. Haaland is the name I've seen on the back of City shirts.

Even if they are cooking shirt sales, over time they are effectively laundering bogus to genuine, which is to be expected if they are allowed to brazenly legitimise themselves in the eyes of a generation of fans who have barely any clue about the cheating and are only focused on what is now a finished and polished product. As far as gangsterism goes, it's been a perfect run, should they not be punished to the full extent for their ceaseless cheating.

I live in the Middle East and you do see people wearing City shirts but it's an unusual occurrence - the most kits you see people wearing here are Madrid, United, Liverpool and Barca as well as quite a few Saudi clubs.
People wearing City shirts are few and far between.

For what its worth you rarely see a City shirt on anyone over 16 here in Ireland. Its 90% United, Liverpool and probably Chelsea third then Arsenal, Barca, Real, PSG and Newcastle.
But I would say on u14's at least the ones wearing football shirts you see a good few.. Still United first, Liverpool second but City are probably a comfortable 3rd at any of the underage sport events (excluding GAA shirts).

The suggestion is you buy up a vast amount of your own shirts, not that the manufacturers are making up the sales.
Ah yes the sheiks secret shirt warehouse. Jesus wept, we've been consistently at the top end of European football now for over a decade. How do you think Chelsea got to 3rd. Not to mention there's a certain Nordic Yeti playing up front who is rightly or wrongly one of the biggest players in football and biggest names right now.

Like it or not young people are glory hunters, its how 3/4 of you guys ended up following United. Its no surprise City and PSG now score highly on both metrics

Charges or no charges consistently winning the league and being at the business end of the CL is gonna sell shirts. Adding Haaland to it, is gonna bump it quite considerably.

I saw plenty of City shirts across Asia this year, and it is increasing yearly, mostly youngsters though. But City won't be complaining about that, while they're still in the PL having a new generation seeing them as a real team will mean a lot.

In Singapore, I have started seeing an uptick of Man City jerseys. From seeing it once in the previous 10 years to maybe seeing 1-2 a year. So that is progress for them. This is opposed to seeing at least 10 people in Man Utd and Liverpool jerseys each per day, and around 3-5 Arsenal and Chelsea jerseys per day. On a normal weekend when I visit the malls or something. And I am not exaggerating

I live in the Australasia region and I see United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Madrid kits all the time.

I can count the number of City kits I've seen on one hand.

Yeah even if I see some more City shirts, they're still overwhelmingly outnumbered by Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, and of course Madrid and Barca. I still say I saw more PSG than City.
PSG are like the 6th biggest shirt seller globally or something, comfortably above City. I think only Utd, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca and Bayern outsell them.

Whether that changes now all the superstars are gone will be interesting. Neymar, Mbappe and Messi of course were all big sellers and like Erling at City probably bigger than the club. (What I mean by that before PSG fans attack me is, neutrals will buy a Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Haaland shirt for the player more than the club.) So for example someone in Spain is far more likely to buy a City shirt with Haaland for Haaland than for City etc... and someone who supports United or City is likely to buy a Miami or Al Nassr shirt for Messi/Ronaldo rather than the respective clubs.

Ah yes the sheiks secret shirt warehouse. Jesus wept, we've been consistently at the top end of European football now for over a decade. How do you think Chelsea got to 3rd. Not to mention there's a certain Nordic Yeti playing up front who is rightly or wrongly one of the biggest players in football and biggest names right now.

Like it or not young people are glory hunters, its how 3/4 of you guys ended up following United. Its no surprise City and PSG now score highly on both metrics

Charges or no charges consistently winning the league and being at the business end of the CL is gonna sell shirts. Adding Haaland to it, is gonna bump it quite considerably.
I don't think you have read up the page..

I don't buy that for one second. They're probably buying it through a third-party and distributing them cheaply in bulks. I live in South Asia, and in no way are City more popular here than Arsenal. The number of city fans here aren't even close to Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea. They should investigate all cash in-flows.

They would invite others to do the same. If guilty, the the PL need to send a message that this is not ok.
Also if it’s just a fine then the likes of Everton and Forest will be pissed
As they should be but it won't be a fine unless we only lose like non-cooperation charges or something with the caveat we were waiting for x or y. If we do down on the bigger charges we should go down the divisions. No exceptions regardless of the size of the club.

The bigger issue is if we win. No one will accept innocence and it could get quite messy. If City do win, they can rightly say, "We've had our records scrutinized to the nth degree twice, name dragged through the mud for 10 years" They could literally sue the PL (therefor themselves into oblivion). And its unlikely the others in the big 6 will let it go, even if Sir Jim and likely Chelsea agrees with City on over regulation and wants a relaxation of psr too. Liverpool and Arsenal certainly won't take it lying down.

I've read the entire page and the idea the Sheik is buying shirts is still nonsense.

I doubt anyone is suggesting he himself is heading into JD with a bunch of bags for life

However, if city need to justify their inflated sponsorship deals then stats such as this will support their claims. I don't think it's nonsense to suggest bulk buying through 3rd parties is impossible - City need to legitimise their position however they can if they're to fight these financial charges

I doubt anyone is suggesting he himself is heading into JD with a bunch of bags for life

However, if city need to justify their inflated sponsorship deals then stats such as this will support their claims. I don't think it's nonsense to suggest bulk buying through 3rd parties is impossible - City need to legitimise their position however they can if they're to fight these financial charges
Or... 6 title wins in 7 seasons, a CL, another final and a couple of semi's have seen children want Haaland shirts. Its not some big conspiracy people are losing their minds.
Biggest names in football currently - Haaland, Mbappe, Vini
Clubs consistently on tv at the business end of the champions league - City and Real
Team consistently winning the biggest league in the world - City

Any club with Cities trophy haul and tv time in the last few years would be a huge shirt seller. If United, Liverpool, Arsenal had Haaland and our trophy haul, they'd absolutely trounce the current City numbers, hell 2 of the 3 are anyway.

The years that Blackburn and Newcastle were challenging United, I never seen so many people walking around in their tops in NI. They died off though as they didn’t sustain their challenges from year to year