City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Between the Premier League's investigation into City's finances and the ongoing investigation into Barsa paying the head of the Spanish refs during his time there, I must say I understand he must be feeling pretty cornered. Hell of a manager and football mind, no doubt, but the people around him took rule bending to the limit. And went over it sometimes.

Have you considered he’s part of the problem?

Found to be a doper as a player. The blood transfusion scandal from 2006 which was meant to include Barcelona and Spanish players but the samples were ‘accidentally’ destroyed. Fell out with the Bayern medic after sending players to Spain because players weren’t recovering fast enough. The doctor came back to Bayern after Pep left. Barcelona paying referees. And now the financial irregularities with City. He finds anyway to cheap the system so he can win.

Found to be a doper as a player. The blood transfusion scandal from 2006 which was meant to include Barcelona and Spanish players but the samples were ‘accidentally’ destroyed. Fell out with the Bayern medic after sending players to Spain because players weren’t recovering fast enough. The doctor came back to Bayern after Pep left. Barcelona paying referees. And now the financial irregularities with City. He finds anyway to cheap the system so he can win.
Were those samples accidentally destroyed? I thought for some inexplicable reason the authorities ordered them to be destroyed?

Were those samples accidentally destroyed? I thought for some inexplicable reason the authorities ordered them to be destroyed?
They were ordered destroyed by the Spanish government (well by a judge but its super dodgy). Were they not Spanish not just football but apparently tennis, basketball etc.. would not be looked on quite as fondly. It was 2013 and Spain were utterly dominant on the pitch.

Said this for years. Pep from his days as a player through every club he's managed has been the one constant in decades of cheating and corruption.

Maybe it's all one massively convenient coincidence but for me it takes away from his accomplishments.

Is there any other person in football who just so happens to be at the centre of some of the biggest scandals in the game? And given how close he is to them, you have to wonder who is protecting him.

They were ordered destroyed by the Spanish government (well by a judge but its super dodgy). Were they not Spanish not just football but apparently tennis, basketball etc.. would not be looked on quite as fondly. It was 2013 and Spain were utterly dominant on the pitch.

I thought so.

When doping is so prevalent in other sports where there is a huge focus on pure fitness, it's hilarious that so little has come out so far about football.
It's absolutely improbable that none of the top teams are "at it" to some extent.

The thing is, players wouldn't necessarily know, as they're so used to just taking on whatever their club give them they probably don't even question it.

But that Spanish period was rancid, shame it'll never be proven.

I thought so.

When doping is so prevalent in other sports where there is a huge focus on pure fitness, it's hilarious that so little has come out so far about football.
It's absolutely improbable that none of the top teams are "at it" to some extent.

The thing is, players wouldn't necessarily know, as they're so used to just taking on whatever their club give them they probably don't even question it.

You could tell the difference between pure natural energy and chemically enhanced stamina back then. The likes of Rooney, Tevez and other charging around like maniacs Vs the robotic relentlessness of the likes of Barcelona

I thought so.

Joking aside and not to go too far off topic, even the stories about Liverpool and Mark Warnecke is probably tell tale enough. Here we have a failed swimmer who never won a thing then at 35 years old started winning major competitions after creating an isotonic potion. Liverpool struggled for 2 seasons under Klopp than they bring this guy in in 2018 and his recovery potion turns around (also we know of the inhaler, asthma rumours as they're unproven). That said his magic juice has been tested but it's all very sus how it played out. Especially with Liverpool doing 2-3 seasons full tilt, poor season, 2-3 seasons full tilt, poor season. Very cyclical.

Not to point the finger at Liverpool in particular, I fully believe at the top level they're all at it (even the bad teams). Maybe not Chelsea cause the bill would be fecking astronomical with the size of their squad.

In a world where u14 rugby teams are giving creatine to kids, its hard to believe top level football isn't doping. I'd imagine theres just so much money the tech is ahead of the testing (but I'm no expert).

Also on the players not knowing its likely possible. I think one of the ex-Irish players spoke about his time at I wanna say Millwall and how one season his pills from the club changed and he felt amazing. Its a while back but he said a few months in they all felt very sus and overnight it went away. I'll try and find the links. Probably better for a different thread though. "I didn't know" was also how Pep got his quashed if I recall correctly.

I'm sure I read years back when Wenger first came in he gave the old guys they had in their dressing room some "pills" and an injection and instantly they felt about five years younger, Keown mentioned it in an interview.

Guess if no one is actually failing drugs tests you simply can't prove it.

Bingo.
Cheat as a player.
Cheat as a manager.
Wouldn’t play the fecking guy at monopoly either.