City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Take your blinkers off lad

No he's right mate, they're owned by member of the Royal family, Brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE. No connection to the state.

He's just a massive football fan and no matter how busy he is he still finds time to jet in at least once every 2 decades to watch his beloved Manchester City live.

Doubt it.

If it's just for one season, I reckon City will sell a couple of players, loan a few, and keep a team that guarantees promotion. I also believe Pep will stay out of pride, then leave after the promotion.

There'll only be a clear out if it's more than one season sort of thing. No way City would allow it as losing all their stars would set them back a decade.
That's if they're still City's to sell. I wonder whether any players have the right to terminate their contracts in the event of a significant breach of their contract by City, and whether this situation would be a significant breach under the contract terms?

You don't have to hand out titles to 2nd place after stripping them. It should just be a blank in the history books. Which is unfortunate but the right thing to do.
I'll be incredibly surprised if they're stripped of past titles, as someone above alluded to, that would result in an absolute omnishambles of litigation by all the wronged parties - clubs, players, betting companies, sponsors etc. etc. and so on. The PL will surely be keen to avoid that.

I'll be incredibly surprised if they're stripped of past titles, as someone above alluded to, that would result in an absolute omnishambles of litigation by all the wronged parties - clubs, players, betting companies, sponsors etc. etc. and so on. The PL will surely be keen to avoid that.
That would be the most principle move to make, strip them of every silverware they've won in that time, cast them out of the league for at least 10 years.

In Italian football it's been done to the most prestigious teams like Juve and both Milans, if the EPL can't do that to City, then United should stop obeying every rule and use their finances how they choose.

It wouldn't. Their titles can just be stricken from the record without it being awarded to second place.

I'd love for the record to state e.g.

Premier league Champions 2011-2012: No winner*

* Manchester City stripped of league title due to being found guilty of 129 offences.

That would be the most principle move to make, strip them of every silverware they've won in that time, cast them out of the league for at least 10 years.

In Italian football it's been done to the most prestigious teams like Juve and both Milans, if the EPL can't do that to City, then United should stop obeying every rule and use their finances how they choose.

If no proper sanctions are imposed the Super League idea needs to come back quite simple.

I genuinely think they will get relegated. It's not often I say this but I think the league has been pretty smart. They were so harsh on Everton and Forrest to set a precedent for this IMO.

They deserve everything they get really. If you cooked the booked in a private business you'd be getting jail time so this should be equally as strict. If they get cleared of all charges then football is basically over as other clubs will just go crazy with the spending and hardly even hide it.

I’ll also be incredibly surprised If clubs are not already lining up to try and get compensation once\if City are found guilty. Whilst stripping of titles will most likely make it easier I don’t think it compensation will be dependent on that.

I’ll also be incredibly surprised If clubs are not already lining up to try and get compensation once\if City are found guilty. Whilst stripping of titles will most likely make it easier I don’t think it compensation will be dependent on that.
Yes Clubs should sue the hell out of those oil spillage cnuts to the last dime.

Did that happen in Serie A?

I think people overestimate the action clubs will take. For whatever reason football is quite a simple industry and clubs and chairmen only really look forward. It’s not particularly litigious. My theory on that is that the competitive nature of the sport leads to an attitude that that sort of action would be seen as small time and sour grapes. “Oh we should have won in 2018 instead so I’m suing you” would be the topic of ridicule in clubs and stadiums across the country.

Imagine United seeking financial reparations, claiming if it wasn’t for City, our shitshow of a decade would have been quite successful?

If found guilty, I don't see how City fans can justify any of their titles. I get that you still need to do it on the pitch and the players / managers still deserve credit. Whilst I agree with that, the only reason they got the players / manager they have is because they cheated.

You cant justify the cheating, its like saying if a athlete took PED's its fine because he still had to go out there and perform, no. Its still cheating. Regardless how people sugar coat it.