City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

My guess is they will be found guilty of maybe 10 charges and get a 30-40 point deduction and a fine.
They will be back to winning titles again in a couple seasons.

My guess is they will be found guilty of maybe 10 charges and get a 30-40 point deduction and a fine.
They will be back to winning titles again in a couple seasons.
My worry too is some punishment that’s easily sidestepped, such as a fine, transfer ban or small point deduction that’s only impactful in the short term.

What good is a transfer ban when you’ve already assembled the best squad on earth through illegal means? They need to address the fact that without their cheating, there is no Pep, no Haaland, no treble and no PL dominance.

"and it's a 5th Premier League for Manchester City, a huge honour"

*music starts playing*

"What's this?!"

"It's Chief Justice Farnworth with The Court Documents in the Bank Briefcase!"

Their fans are hyping up their lawyers on Twitter :lol: :lol: The fecking state of that

If they get them off then Sky could run a reel before the start of their programmes with them celebrating outside of court (in slowmotion of course), as they'll be biggest club legends they've ever had if they get them off this.

Maybe City fans could don some court room wigs before their games to gee them up a bit more.

My worry too is some punishment that’s easily sidestepped, such as a fine, transfer ban or small point deduction that’s only impactful in the short term.

What good is a transfer ban when you’ve already assembled the best squad on earth through illegal means? They need to address the fact that without their cheating, there is no Pep, no Haaland, no treble and no PL dominance.
It would be objectively good for the game in many ways if they were properly punished. I totally agree that they should be expelled from the league and have all titles won in the 10 year period stripped but I doubt it.
The worst that will happen for them is maybe a 3rd of the charges stick but they repeal it which will take another year and then half of them will be overturned.

Not to be the arbiter of what people can and can't post, but for all the people who keep coming in and saying "They'll get away with it. The PL won't do anything" etc etc. on every page, you really aren't adding anything to the discussion. I get that it's probably a defense mechanism to avoid the disappointment if it actually goes that way that nothing happens to city, but there's been a lot of very detailed stuff posted that suggest there is every chance that city might actually get properly punished for this. Particularly now that the hearing has actually started, would it not be worth it to just see how things go rather than continuing the same doomposting over and over?

Almost certainly but you won't deter them.

I have a feeling they'll get away with it. Or they'll just get a big fine.

My head says that the Premier League takes a half measure and gives them a 40 point or so deduction, thereby losing the title this season. I don't think they'll be stripped of anything and they'll sit out the champions league for a season then requalify next season not having to play as many games.

The punishments won't be enough for players to get out of contracts but they might lose one or two who are really determined to leave.
I wonder how much will City's brand suffer if they're found guilty, or is it just a sign of the modern game that makes me think most players won't care? Pep has stated he will leave, so that's a good start I guess.

All I wish for is that they are properly punished.. no fine and slap on the wrist or getting away with it on technicalities or fine prints or some bullshit like that. An actual punishment, like something that will actually set them back where they belong... which is not at the top of European football.

Not to be the arbiter of what people can and can't post, but for all the people who keep coming in and saying "They'll get away with it. The PL won't do anything" etc etc. on every page, you really aren't adding anything to the discussion. I get that it's probably a defense mechanism to avoid the disappointment if it actually goes that way that nothing happens to city, but there's been a lot of very detailed stuff posted that suggest there is every chance that city might actually get properly punished for this. Particularly now that the hearing has actually started, would it not be worth it to just see how things go rather than continuing the same doomposting over and over?

Works both ways, doesn't it? At the end of the day, people are still guessing no matter what they write about the potential outcome and we won't know until the decision has been made.

I wonder how much will City's brand suffer if they're found guilty, or is it just a sign of the modern game that makes me think most players won't care? Pep has stated he will leave, so that's a good start I guess.

There'll be elements of both. In time plenty won't care, but there's no escaping a guilty charge. If i were one of the players who won it on final day, or part of the current dominant squad, it would always always be there in my mind. Id know that every time i talk about my city years it would be the elephant in the room, the awkward thing people politely pretend doesn't exist. Winning in a cheating team.

Id resent giving my best playing years to cheats.

If there's justice, and they actually get a deduction big enough to relegate them, thats another story. Internationally i think that has big ramifications for their 'brand'

Nothing short of all titles stripped and relegation to non-league will surfice. What they've done is a farce and they've made a mockery of the league, of fans and of every club that has worked hard through legal means to be at the top end of the table.
This has to set a presedent that cheating will not be tolerated or else we'll have the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and any other team bought out by countries going the same way.

Biggest scandal in Premier League history and the opening of the case doesn’t even make the top article on the BBC. It’s clear the media are being warned not to publish the case.

And why is there so much secrecy from the courts?

I really hope the other Premier League clubs unite when City get a lenient ruling.

Genuinely curious as to why people keep saying points will be deducted this season?. I mean most of the charges pertain to a different time periods, and has nothing to do with this season.

So what does this season have to do with any charges?? The punishment, fines/deductions, if any, surely would have to be for the concerned seasons, right?

Genuinely curious as to why people keep saying points will be deducted this season?. I mean most of the charges pertain to a different time periods, and has nothing to do with this season.

So what does this season have to do with any charges?? The punishment, fines/deductions, if any, surely would have to be for the concerned seasons, right?

Everton weren't deducted points for overspending last season, but the period leading up to it.

Whatever's coming up, it is not going to relegate Chelsea. I don't post my wildest fantasies as fact here either.
I haven’t seen the tweets but maybe he’s saying that the breaches would lead to large points deduction that would result in being relegated?

Just guessing.

At the end of the day, City being hammered is the focus… Chelsea would just be the cherry on the cake.

Biggest scandal in Premier League history and the opening of the case doesn’t even make the top article on the BBC. It’s clear the media are being warned not to publish the case.

And why is there so much secrecy from the courts?

I really hope the other Premier League clubs unite when City get a lenient ruling.
I’m surprised they haven’t already. But then getting 14 clubs to agree on something is hard enough usually.

People keep banging on about how great and expensive city’s lawyers are but it’s not like the PL dragged in a couple of interns to fight the case.
There comes a point when it’s heavyweight vs heavyweight and it’s the evidence that will be the key.
Evidence that from what we all have heard is completely damning. The emails are entirely clear into what was happening and who knew about it and orchestrated it.
I fully expect city to be found guilty on the vast majority of charges.
Punishment is up for debate clearly but any bullshit fine and that’s it is not going to fly, in my opinion obviously

Is he the worst lawyer of all time?

Real life Lionel Hutz
PSX-20240916-202846-edit-35916623392435.png