City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

nba-plain--0568b384-3709-4714-8b70-b4b9100a7a7f.png

Yeah I've seen this before too :lol:

They can certainly both give them a 200pts deduction, and expell them outright. What would happen City in relations to the Nationwide would be a result of the deals in place between PL and the EFL, and wether EFL would take some separate action towards City outside of that. Given the cost and scope of the PL’s action against City, I somehow find it hard to believe the EFL would be able to do something similar.

Either way, this shouldn’t be relevant to the PL, who are not responsible for their member clubs’ dealings with other organizations like the EFL. They need to have consequences within their organization to at all stay organized.

My point is that a points deduction, no matter how large, isn't actually relegating them directly. In that instance, I don't think the EFL have any real recourse to prevent them entering the Championship.

I do think the EFL (and the National League, Northern Premier League, etc.) would have an argument for rejecting their entry if the Premier League just outright disqualified them and expelled them from the league. In those circumstances they're effectively in limbo, and need to seek re-entry into the pyramid wherever they can. However, this is also not direct relegation.

Just pretend for a second, that probably the biggest case against cheating in the history of english football was about to start, but it was against Manchester United.

Don't even pretend there would be such utter silence. I say this understanding that things cant be said or alleged, but it barely even makes a headline on some
football sites

Hasn't really been too many scandals in English football. More recent ones have been lower league betting syndicates.

One previous case of match fixing involved Utd, 1915 game vs Liverpool. Helped save Utd from relegation, although WW1 put a stop to football anyway, I think. From memory the proven perpetrators were banned for life, but had them overturned after the war in recognition of their war time service.

There was another one where Billy Meredith paid some Aston Villa players to lose a game, he was playing for City at the time. Funnily enough, he also played in the Liverpool fixed game but wasn't implicated. So, they have previous for cheating. Even more reason to throw the book at them.

They should spread the points deduction over the number of seasons in which irregularities occurred ie 2009-2023 which is 14 seasons. so 80 points deduction the first season, 75 the next season they are in the PL, 70 the next etc. That way they might yo-yo 2 or 3 times between PL and Championship and thereafter if they managed to stay in PL, they wouldn’t be able to qualify for European football for several more seasons. If there is leniency, they could cap the punishment at 14 years.

The problems with deducting them points within one season is that it is the same as them avoiding punishment.

For starters, you're genuinely looking at having to give them a 70+ point deduction to guarantee relegation. If they are given that points deduction, at worst they're facing one season out of the PL and two out of the CL, but they'll obviously just concentrate on the CL and the cups and could well not be out of Europe at all.
3 points for every charge sounds about right.

Anything short of stripping domestic titles won in affected seasons is a slap on the wrist.

I still find it hard to believe that the Premier League will have capacity to convince an independent hearing of City’s guilt. I expect they will escape any serious punishment.

Even a relegation will only be a bump in the road for a year, hands the title to Arsenal when at time of all the alleged offences it was other teams who missed out on titles. The damage has been in terms of them building themselves up in terms of revenue etc, this is all a bit too late.

I still find it hard to believe that the Premier League will have capacity to convince an independent hearing of City’s guilt. I expect they will escape any serious punishment.

Even a relegation will only be a bump in the road for a year, hands the title to Arsenal when at time of all the alleged offences it was other teams who missed out on titles. The damage has been in terms of them building themselves up in terms of revenue etc, this is all a bit too late.
If they got relegated, every team in the country would sue them. Stoke, Sunderland, United, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, everyone. The money these clubs missed out on be it 4th place finishes or cup finals is astronomical. They need to be found guilty and then it'll really start.

I said it before, they will be off the hook in few months. Reason: technicalities, small prints and other petty shite.

I don't really see how they can get away with the 35 charges of failing to cooperate.

Given that Everton were literally deducted points after cooperating with an investigation, the hammer really needs to come down on City for those at the very least.

I think a fitting punishment should be all of the title and relegation stuff, but with a forced name change to 'cheating bastards fc'.
I'll take suggestions as to the badge imagery.

I said it before, they will be off the hook in few months. Reason: technicalities, small prints and other petty shite.

Im pretty sure that in the 18 months since City were charged the FA's expensively assembled legal team will have gone over the case with a fine tooth comb ensuring that there are no mistakes or loopholes in it that City could use as an escape route.

If this was going to happen, they would not have given Everton the enema they just did, because it invites comparison so clearly.

The last two punishments have been seen as severe, and that suggests that city are screwed.

They should be relegated and docked a 100 points a season for 5 seasons but it only applies to the PL. So if they gained promotion from the championship they start the PL season on -100 points, once they get relegated again and come back up they start on -100 again. Rinse and repeat.

I think punishment should start from them having to eat shit for dinner for the next 10 years

It can be varied if they want, cow shit, sheep shit, dog shit, I'm not fussed

I think punishment should start from them having to eat shit for dinner for the next 10 years

It can be varied if they want, cow shit, sheep shit, dog shit, I'm not fussed
Sounds reasonable.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/lord-pannick-kc/

These quotes about him (Lord Pannick) on his own profile perfectly encapsulate what is wrong with humans as a species. How the feck can you take yourself this seriously.

The Lord things never ceases to crack me up. How is anyone outside of Star Wars still a lord.
His clients have included:
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - in establishing in the House of Lords that state immunity applies to claims alleging torture.

He's bragging on his website about helping Saudi Arabia get away with torture on a technicality... am I reading that right?

Their fans are hyping up their lawyers on Twitter :lol: :lol: The fecking state of that
There’s so much City propaganda on social media these days. I keep getting unsolicited bullshit from City accounts. No doubt the brown envelop cnuts are whipping bots into action.

If they got relegated, every team in the country would sue them. Stoke, Sunderland, United, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, everyone. The money these clubs missed out on be it 4th place finishes or cup finals is astronomical. They need to be found guilty and then it'll really start.

Surely relegation and a fine to be distributed to the clubs harmed?

Anything short of stripping domestic titles won in affected seasons is a slap on the wrist.

There's absolutely no chance of this. Relegation isn't happening either.

In order to not lose face, both parties will agree to a middle ground with City 'making a mistake' and the PL getting a huge fine with maybe a few points docked this season to give City a year without winning the league. Everyone's a winner.

The PL get:

A cash injection and to look like they did something.

Arsenal as champs for a season to make the league look less ridiculous.

City get,:

Away with it, essentially.

I’m sure they would get a slap on the wrist for the least of the 115 charges, get fined 50,000 and the PL will release a statement saying justice prevailed! In a year time when City release their Pep documentary they would claim victimization and racism because they are owned by the Middle East.

It’s hard to see how they don’t lose this one. They won’t have access to CAS and even if the PL loses on some of the finer points, the failure to co-operate charges are pretty much open and shut. It’s all about what is deemed an appropriate punishment. Given the length of time involved, the scale of what has happened, the level of wilful deceit and the awful consequences, expulsion for at least 5 years seems inevitable. I’ve no interest in claiming PL titles for Jose and Ole, just null and void for everything City has won.

The real fun will start after this process has concluded when the like of United and Liverpool and relegated clubs start suing for loss of revenue due to their cheating. That could see them bankrupted.

Fun times ahead.

Im pretty sure that in the 18 months since City were charged the FA's expensively assembled legal team will have gone over the case with a fine tooth comb ensuring that there are no mistakes or loopholes in it that City could use as an escape route.
I can guarantee you that this absolutely not the case at all

It’s hard to see how they don’t lose this one. They won’t have access to CAS and even if the PL loses on some of the finer points, the failure to co-operate charges are pretty much open and shut. It’s all about what is deemed an appropriate punishment. Given the length of time involved, the scale of what has happened, the level of wilful deceit and the awful consequences, expulsion for at least 5 years seems inevitable. I’ve no interest in claiming PL titles for Jose and Ole, just null and void for everything City has won.

The real fun will start after this process has concluded when the like of United and Liverpool and relegated clubs start suing for loss of revenue due to their cheating. That could see them bankrupted.

Fun times ahead.

There was a story recently that there may be a statute of limitations on that which City have been trying to drag the process out to reach.

Personally I think the best way in an ideal world to see justice done is to draw to sets of possible punishments. One that is very harsh and would see City out of the PL for a year or three and the other that would basically ruin Manchester City as a football club for good. Then tell their owners the only way the club gets the former lesser punishement is if they sell up and feck off out of English football.

Of course that will never happen, the PL wouldn't have the stones to rock the boat too much. They usually love corrupt Oil money flowing into the league.