City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

'Sides with' could simply mean be willing to support and provide evidence for the league, against City, in court. Not just the number of clubs who back the league

If Pep truly has any class and is as innocent as he claims he is in all of this, he would walk away now. There’s a big shit storm coming I think.
You mean pep the player who cheated as a player will PEDs?
Or pep the manager who’s previous team was heavily involved in the blood doping scandal and bribing referees?
Or pep the manager who’s current team has been systematically cheating for well over a decade?

I’m beginning to see a pattern here……..
I’ve more chance of being the first astronaut to set foot on mars than pep having class and walking away.

If Pep truly has any class and is as innocent as he claims he is in all of this, he would walk away now. There’s a big shit storm coming I think.
Pep’s the kind of guy to save before every FM game and then just reload it until he wins. He’s the worst of the lot, a serial cheat hiding behind a masquerade of ‘philosophy’ when in truth he’s just a chequebook manager.

I read in some media that hearing for 115 charges will start in November? Any confirmation of that?

I read in some media that hearing for 115 charges will start in November? Any confirmation of that?

Nothing has been confirmed.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise, however, considering how Pep seems to be planning on fecking off after next season.

Yes they're reporting a November hearing start on Sky and ESPN. Guess Guardiola knew he was good for one more season...

Yes they're reporting a November hearing start on Sky and ESPN. Guess Guardiola knew he was good for one more season...
Hearing, sentence, appeal, another timeline to resolve appeal........another season without knowing what is their fate. In best case scenario next summer we will have final conclusion.

Hearing, sentence, appeal, another timeline to resolve appeal........another season without knowing what is their fate. In best case scenario next summer we will have final conclusion.

It's so daft it's almost funny, especially when considering how it's been called "near future"

Idiots, all of them.

City - "Look, the rules you brought in in February means we can't pay ourselves in sponsorship and will have less money"

PL - "But we thought you said you're fully innocent?"

City - "Yes, but going forward it means we will earn less for our sponsorship because of these new rules"

PL - "So you're admitting you've been overpaying yourselves in the past?"

The government should take some responsibility for this, they've even let these cnuts get cheap land too.

Repugnant.

Pep should probably leave now shouldn't he? If, and its still a huge if, they get punished with say a relegation and then he fecks off, doesn't he end up looking like an even bigger twat? Although does he even care, he's clearly indulged in this crooked behaviour all along.

Pep should probably leave now shouldn't he? If, and its still a huge if, they get punished with say a relegation and then he fecks off, doesn't he end up looking like an even bigger twat? Although does he even care, he's clearly indulged in this crooked behaviour all along.

He's already more or less announced that he's leaving after next season..

I don't understand this. 115 charges is on the table for 2 years now. Meanwhile they make a huge case against PL and get a hearing in a few days?

Last edited:
As much as we will all delight in City getting what they deserve, this ultimately is a terribly sad story of how a club was taken advantage of by some extremely wealthy people for their own selfish reasons. Brainwashing it's gullible fan base with promises of greatness and success like that of their mighty neighbours and rivals. But will probably return to the hole they crawled from IF the club is relegated to which ever tier of football, leaving it languishing at the bottom of the football pyramid for Decades, with its name forever tainted.

City fans should absolutely despise the owners for potentially ruining their club, instead they defend them to the death, how tragic.
You are confusing City Supporters with plastic fans.

I don't understand this. 115 charges is on the table for 2 years now. Mranwhile they make a huge case against PL and get a hearing in a few days?
I assume the PL isn’t delaying anything if it’s that quick. 115 is only taking so long because City are basically not giving any info or helping the investigation at all.

The spirit of FFP is keeping the status quo at the top. What’s so good about a Corporatocracy? Besides it being good for you in the short term.

For example, Nike sponsors someone and nobody else is allowed to spend. It’s not like Nike’s money is ethical either. Sweat shops etc. I’m not sure what is worse a corporate mule or state owned club.

I think City may well have a case of racism, discrimination and xenophobia against their owners. A lot of it stems from jealousy and return on investment pressure from key stakeholders like Nike and Sky.

I'm not sure what the first two paragraphs have to do with what I said and they definitely aren't relevant to the legal challenge.

City definitely won't be arguing a case of racism or xenophobia unless they want to get laughed out of court. Cpurts rely on evidence not baseless slandering. They will be arguing that the newly introduced rules have been brought in specifically to target them and are therefore discriminatory, which is a fair argument but then that's because they are the only team exploiting loopholes in the existing rules. Or at least they'll hope they are because if everyone was doing it they'd have no case at all.

it's quite childish really. The PL imposes rules via a voting system from its members who City are one of. If every time one party doesn't like the result of a vote they get the courts involved, there's not much point making any new rules at all unless you get all 20 clubs to agree, which would never happen.

They should probably steer clear of arguments like "we'll have to spend less money on stuff like the community" as well because that's completely irrelevant and just makes it look like they are resorting to blackmail tactics because their case is weak.

All this status quo stuff is boring and makes no sense. The current status quo is that City win the league every year while other teams are restricted from competing due to ffp. Even with the new rules City are in a better position than most (at least until their charges hearing/verdict). When all this mess they've created ends up causing enough damage to drag the European super league back from the dead they'll soon change their tune and jump back on board with that as well.

Hopefully announced late enough in the season that they miss the registration for the Manchester League Premier Division and can't even play non-league football.

Imagine they'll do some World tour like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Perhaps City should try to claim that this points nonsense (or any other rule that is a condition of being in the PL) is illegal as they should just be handed the title every year without playing a game?
Title update?

The problem with their 'Man United' defence is Man city themselves had access to the same monetisation techniques in the 1990s, but they'd have had a point invoking Abramovich (or Jack Walker), instead.

That wouldn't whip their fanbase into a demented stupor, claiming persecution and other such arrant nonsense.

Is that at all surprising? He's a drug cheat and was also at Barca when they were paying off referees.

Hopefully announced late enough in the season that they miss the registration for the Manchester League Premier Division and can't even play non-league football.

Imagine they'll do some World tour like the Harlem Globetrotters.
I think your last remark is about right. We might see all kinds of circus type stuff in the future, competing with UEFA, FIFA etc.

You mean pep the player who cheated as a player will PEDs?
Or pep the manager who’s previous team was heavily involved in the blood doping scandal and bribing referees?
Or pep the manager who’s current team has been systematically cheating for well over a decade?

I’m beginning to see a pattern here……..
I’ve more chance of being the first astronaut to set foot on mars than pep having class and walking away.

Don't forget the Pep whose previous team (including people who are high ranking members of City) paid the head of the Spanish referees 8.5 million euros in 'consulting fees' in cash.

He's as crooked as the rest of them. He's a huge hypocrite, don't let his public persona fool you.

Football has been close to being dead for me ever since states started controlling teams, City winning this would just mean it is finally dead. Well atleast I have NHL to watch.

I imagine we're among those who haven't. City's argument against the 14-vote rule is going to be very attractive to the historic big 6. Newcastle will also be keeping quiet for obvious reasons. Possibly Sheffield United too. The other two relegated clubs might just not care right now as well.
Why would we side with them. They stop any big club having a chance of winning the league

Football has been close to being dead for me ever since states started controlling teams, City winning this would just mean it is finally dead. Well atleast I have NHL to watch.

Football is dead for me

why would anyone want too watch the Premier League?

only a select few can win the damn thing

average/below average players can earn £150k - £350k a week

Football used too be an escape for me from the day too day grind of life, not that I don’t enjoy my life as I very much do, but a break from it watching these massively overpaid arrogant egotistical “I’m super special” drama Queens just doesn’t interest me anymore

Football aside, sport in general is under attack, Look at Golf, look at Boxing, and it’s spreading, it’s in everyone’s face more so than ever that it’s all about money money money first, then the sport, it’s the wrong way round

The world is in tough times and folks want too spend their down time, their escape time from it all…..watching youngens who have more money than God and an ego too match play a game

each too their own, I’m out

Ultimately, City need the other Premier League clubs far more than they collectively need City. Nobody is going to tune in to watch City play City reserves every week for 38 weeks.

Football is dead for me

Football used too be an escape for me from the day too day grind of life, not that I don’t enjoy my life as I very much do, but a break from it watching these massively overpaid arrogant egotistical “I’m super special” drama Queens just doesn’t interest me anymore

Football aside, sport in general is under attack, Look at Golf, look at Boxing, and it’s spreading, it’s in everyone’s face more so than ever that it’s all about money money money first, then the sport, it’s the wrong way round

The world is in tough times and folks want too spend their down time, their escape time from it all…..watching youngens who have more money than God and an ego too match play a game

Couldn't agree more.

See you in August.

Which clubs would realistically support City - Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa?

This should be the end of City. The fans of all the other clubs need to make their views known.

City acting like they are bigger than football, didn't they vote in favour of the rules in the first place? Absolutely ludicrous.

This is the scourge the league let in and bedded down with. Now, they’re trying to destroy the fabric of the game as we know it.

Let’s see how the media treat them for this. It’ll be the biggest indication yet that they’re in cahoots if they entertain this scandalous behaviour.
This is the biggest, most pivotal club event in the sport’s history as far as English football is concerned, and nary a peep on TV.

Football is dead for me

This is very much where I am at. I’ve watched fewer games this season than ever before. There’s just a complete soullessness to many sports now, football more than others. The commodification of the game has gone too far for me.

Which clubs would realistically support City - Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa?

This should be the end of City. The fans of all the other clubs need to make their views known.

City acting like they are bigger than football, didn't they vote in favour of the rules in the first place? Absolutely ludicrous.

For what it's worth, they voted against FFP when it was introduced. Obviously you're still supposed to play by the rules. And you aren't supposed to flaunt them for over a decade, cook the books, and block an investigation for years because you were fairly outvoted.

Khaldoon thinks he’s some sort of Don Mafia boss doesn’t he.

All these state heads to. Didn't the PSG cheif threaten Mbappe when he wanted to leave? For the first time ever in their rich, spoilt lives somebody has the audacity to say no and they just can't process this.