City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

"hello, we have won 6 of the last 7 league titles including record number of back-to-back wins, a treble that's only been done in England once, and numerous record breaking point tallies. Us winning every league title for the next five or so seasons is probably more likely than any other of the 19 clubs in our league winning 1 in that same timeframe. However, the rules in place in this league are stacked against us and we are victims of elite clubs who will always be above us. It's a miracle that we are able to find the time to chuck a few coins at buskers in the local area from time to time in between the *cough* packed trophy parades we constantly have to go on. Woe me, ours is a story of strength, courage and resilience worthy of any. How do we do it? Who knows? Every trophy we win is a greater achievement than Leicester's league title which - why the feck not whilst we're at it - was handed to them to stop us on our worthy crusades."

Pretty much.

If they get the trophies taken off them, you can guarantee Mourinho is having an open top bus for that 2018 win.

City showing everyone what they really are, and how they got to where they are.

Would the lower leagues even accept them? Can't see championship clubs being happy to have them there.
They would. They're now a famous club, so League 1 and League 2 would love the attendance. I could be wrong, though. Hope I get the chance to find out.

FFP is clearly illegal. You can't stop an owner from putting his money into his company.

Perhaps City should try to claim that this points nonsense (or any other rule that is a condition of being in the PL) is illegal as they should just be handed the title every year without playing a game?

Perhaps City should try to claim that this points nonsense (or any other rule that is a condition of being in the PL) is illegal as they should just be handed the title every year without playing a game?

Exactly. Why should they have to follow the rules when their owners are rich?

We should award them the FA cup every year as well, or at the very least give them a bye straight to the final.

This is going to be bad for them. If they lose the case you can bet the FA will throw the strongest punishment against them (hopefully relegation and stripping of titles)

I hope this happens, but unless I'm mistaken (very possible!), the FA don't decide what punishment City get for the 115 charges, they just decide if they're guilty.

Big blow for few "ManUtd fans" who do lot of mental gymnastics to paint City as some sort of saints and entity who fights against evil elite.

I’m simply going to try and enjoy this period of hope we’re currently experiencing. Because I still think they’ll find a way to cheat their way out of anything serious.

It should be 19 not more than half. Name and shame those clubs that haven’t.

I imagine we're among those who haven't. City's argument against the 14-vote rule is going to be very attractive to the historic big 6. Newcastle will also be keeping quiet for obvious reasons. Possibly Sheffield United too. The other two relegated clubs might just not care right now as well.

They probably know they don't stand a chance in the Premier League case against them, so they are taking the legal route similar to what they did with UEFA a few years back when they got kicked out of Europe.

Legal experts in CAF, do they actually have a valid case here?

"hello, we have won 6 of the last 7 league titles including record number of back-to-back wins, a treble that's only been done in England once, and numerous record breaking point tallies. Us winning every league title for the next five or so seasons is probably more likely than any other of the 19 clubs in our league winning 1 in that same timeframe. However, the rules in place in this league are stacked against us and we are victims of elite clubs who will always be above us. It's a miracle that we are able to find the time to chuck a few coins at buskers in the local area from time to time in between the *cough* packed trophy parades we constantly have to go on. Woe me, ours is a story of strength, courage and resilience worthy of any. How do we do it? Who knows? Every trophy we win is a greater achievement than Leicester's league title which - why the feck not whilst we're at it - was handed to them to stop us on our worthy crusades."

Pretty much.

If Pep truly has any class and is as innocent as he claims he is in all of this, he would walk away now. There’s a big shit storm coming I think.

I imagine we're among those who haven't. City's argument against the 14-vote rule is going to be very attractive to the historic big 6. Newcastle will also be keeping quiet for obvious reasons. Possibly Sheffield United too. The other two relegated clubs might just not care right now as well.

There is no way we won't be in the group backing PL. 0 chance of us standing with city.

They should be permanently banned tbh
Relegation will achieve feck all they’ll be back in the PL in a year

They should be permanently banned tbh
Relegation will achieve feck all they’ll be back in the PL in a year

I initially was hoping for a few season ban but that is a possible scenario now after the latest antics from City. The PL must have been furious once their last line was crossed.

By launching a massive suit they are wasting the PL legal team resources. It's tactical.
Yea, and it’s war tactics. For a UAE ruler to wage war on the whole of the English football system, it seems kind of mad and self destructing. Will English football in general not just circle their wagons when anyone from another country treat their whole system - the organizations, the laws, the clubs - like a common enemy?

I’m a Norwegian and it’s not my place to react to that, and I probably lack the cultural sensitivity to understand the experience from an Englishman’s point of view. I just feel attacked not just as a United fan but as a long standing lover of English football, but still as an outsider.

It just feels to me like if representatives of a strange nation, be it Iran, Russia or Belgium, bought up a Norwegian club and then made general legal war on the Norwegian football set up, everybody would just turn on them, I’d expect.

Yea, and it’s war tactics. For a UAE ruler to wage war on the whole of the English football system, it seems kind of mad and self destructing. Will English football in general not just circle their wagons when anyone from another country treat their whole system - the organizations, the laws, the clubs - like a common enemy?

I’m a Norwegian and it’s not my place to react to that, and I probably lack the cultural sensitivity to understand the experience from an Englishman’s point of view. I just feel attacked not just as a United fan but as a long standing lover of English football, but still as an outsider.

It just feels to me like if representatives of a strange nation, be it Iran, Russia or Belgium, bought up a Norwegian club and then made general legal war on the Norwegian football set up, everybody would just turn on them, I’d expect.

Sweet Jesus.

There is no way we won't be in the group backing PL. 0 chance of us standing with city.

I hope you're right, but I don't see it myself. We're definitely among the clubs that would love the 14-vote rule to be scrapped, no matter who's running football operations.

If Pep truly has any class and is as innocent as he claims he is in all of this, he would walk away now. There’s a big shit storm coming I think.
He’s been properly rattled by it a few times where it’s obvious he’s well aware of what’s gone on.

The cheek on them. Its like someone robbing a bank and then suing the bank cause they upped their security.

Horrible cnuts and crooks the lot of them.

The rivalry with City is on the football side of things. Off the pitch, business is business and I don’t think the fact its City comes into play at all.

I’d like to think we will back the PL regardless, as even with the new owners we are a commercially successful club, we have nothing to worry about in a fair and regulated league, but we will makes a decision in our own interests rather than a simple matter of City=bad.

Pep doesn't give a feck. It's a bit like during the protests in Barcelona and he was vocal about his support for the protestors, talking about human rights, while keeping his mouth shut about certain owners. They've given him a platform to dominate, not to mention that they've been very friendly in regards to a certain Spanish club that Pep's family is involved in.

The only thing that could potentially make him go out in public is self-preservation, essentially if the situation is about to become a PR nightmare that could have serious consequences for how he's viewed as a manager. Though there are hardly any plausible scenarios in which that happens.

Pep has no class - never had and never will.

Pep has been in on it since the beginning. He'll have done very, very well out of his arrangement.

The rivalry with City is on the football side of things. Off the pitch, business is business and I don’t think the fact its City comes into play at all.

I’d like to think we will back the PL regardless, as even with the new owners we are a commercially successful club, we have nothing to worry about in a fair and regulated league, but we will makes a decision in our own interests rather than a simple matter of City=bad.

We will make decisions that will help us, supporting fair value or FFP will be in our interest. I'm not saying we won't stand with city because of rivalry, it's because City are cheats and we gain nothing by supporting them as we don't have state to back us and inflate our deals artificially.

Last edited: