City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

FFP is clearly illegal. You can't stop an owner from putting his money into his company.

It's the feckin cheek that they have trying to justify it as fighting against the cartel and how we're limiting free spending.

As if they give a shit that the rest of the non state sponsored clubs could actually run into massive losses and even end up out of business trying to keep up in a glorified arms race.

I'd have a tiny bit more respect if they just owned it and said 'We're rich, we want to spend our money how we want and feck the rest of you's', rather than dress it up as some moral crusade for the good of football!
That is what they’re saying?

It's the feckin cheek that they have trying to justify it as fighting against the cartel and how we're limiting free spending.

As if they give a shit that the rest of the non state sponsored clubs could actually run into massive losses and even end up out of business trying to keep up in a glorified arms race.

I'd have a tiny bit more respect if they just owned it and said 'We're rich, we want to spend our money how we want and feck the rest of you's', rather than dress it up as some moral crusade for the good of football!
Honestly, it’s infuriating, more so because fans and pundits alike will beat the same drum.
Manchester City finished 17th and 14th in their two years prior to the first takeover, meaning they were relegation candidates. They forget that they stepped over a lot of teams in bridging that gap, in essence because they won the lottery.
Newcastle were one of those teams, who ironically were also relegation candidates until state ownership. Newcastle themselves opposed allowing free reign at self sponsorship deals and yet they’re one of those complaining now.
Like we all know everyone has self interest at heart but Newcastle and city in particular parading themselves as anti establishment and fighting the “cartel” is absolutely laughable:

It's kinda puzzling in a fun way that City have found a way to make themselves even more unpopular. I didn't think it was possible - but I have got to give it to them - they succeeded

Surely this should be a breaking point for the PL and the majority of the clubs within it? I struggle to see how things can just go on as usual after this?

The gaul of the city group is quite impressive. You expect reactions from their fans, the majority being absolute clefts with no sense of anything approaching a club with a sense of stature and a storied history. I look forward to their attempt at distraction by attempting to prove the monopoly that they state a few clubs have in the premier league. The premier league needs to stand strong against these feckin cat rapists.

I see this as a bit of a hail mary from the legal team.

They are suing the rest of the clubs, in essence. You don't go down that road if you have other options, because no one is going to be helping them afterwards.

They know they are done.

It's kinda puzzling in a fun way that City have found a way to make themselves even more unpopular. I didn't think it was possible - but I have got to give it to them - they succeeded
They are making it easy for PL to go all in if that team lose this case. Taking away trophies, throwing them out to local league. 100 years transfer ban and so on. I wonder if that team have really thought about this.

It all seems a bit… desperate?
Yeah, it's great news really. Suggests they are not confident at all about what is coming. Additionally it's more visibility about what they are, what they really stand for and how dangerous state / mega rich ownership is. The fact that (some) toon fans are also throwing their cap in the ring with them makes it even better. Complete hypocrisy and self interest, and the tears if it all comes tumbling down, as is becoming more inevitable, will be so much more delicious as a result.

Am I right in saying that they are ultimately complaining because rules are in place to try to regulate clubs’ spending?
Yes. Its bad for all the little clubs who otherwise would have limitless funds to pump in were it not for us big boys having said they can't. It's all for the greater good. It's not possible to dominate with such unfair rules in place, as they have proven by being so spectacularly successful over the last 10 years whilst complying totally.. oh.

Am I right in saying that they are ultimately complaining because rules are in place to try to regulate clubs’ spending?
Largely. They also say that a few clubs have a cartel like hold on the premier league, and they don't like it. It stinks..stinks like bisk. They see Barcelona, Madrid doing what the feck they want, and god damn it, they want some of that sweet sweet financial corruption pie.

Just wait till they demand that games are played in the Middle East and that both teams and stadiums should be representative of ownership. Will be great.

feck me, just read the whole article. It’s unbelievable really.

Some major points
- Essentially accusing some Pl clubs of Racism against Arab led clubs
- United spent what they wanted in the 90's
- The rules are anti competitive

Like surely they cannot possibly win this case.

This reminds me of the time when I worked for a sporting company (I wont name names - but they have 3 stripes) and - there was this guy who was selling knock-off shirts so we sued him - and his reply was to sue us back - claiming we had taken away his way of making a living. Needless to say - he did not win :)

I wonder will the utter ugliness of this finally wipe the shit eating sycophantic grin off Gary Linekar and all his cronies faces? Years upon years of appeasement and covering their eyes while doing exactly what city owners would want them to.

Hmmmm....so they are suing the EPL for not letting them cheat enough?

They signed up to the same T's and C's as everyone else.

Now because they got caught cooking the books, they are questioning the rules??

It doesn't work like that in a democracy. And they will never understand that. Money doesn't change the rules, and nobody will stand for it. They will be shunned at every door.

If they want, they can clear off out of this league, out of this country, and most clubs will happily wave them off.

Good riddance to a blight on our game.

feck me, just read the whole article. It’s unbelievable really.

Some major points
- Essentially accusing some Pl clubs of Racism against Arab led clubs
- United spent what they wanted in the 90's
- The rules are anti competitive

Like surely they cannot possibly win this case.

Once again for those in the back, United were the highest spenders in a singe PL season in the 90s.

When you look through all the “city just want to cheat” stuff and consider what they’re saying, they do have a point - as hard as it is to accept

Also if anyone associated with the UAE is reading this, I’ll post more shit like this across various platforms for a very reasonable price

Hmmmm....so they are suing the EPL for not letting them cheat enough?

They signed up to the same T's and C's as everyone else.

Now because they got caught cooking the books, they are questioning the rules??

It doesn't work like that in a democracy. And they will never understand that. Money doesn't change the rules, and nobody will stand for it. They will be shunned at every door.

If they want, they can clear off out of this league, out of this country, and most clubs will happily wave them off.

Good riddance to a blight on our game.

To be fair, Man Citys homophobic, human rights abusing owners dont know anything about democracies. And their fans who have been clapping like braindead seals and bleating on here for years like braindead sheep dont care.

Quality control
When you look through all the “city just want to cheat” stuff and consider what they’re saying, they do have a point - as hard as it is to accept

Also if anyone associated with the UAE is reading this, I’ll post more shit like this across various platforms for a very reasonable price
Domyou accept camels? Asking for a sheikh..

Cheers.

The thing about this is even though they have immense resources and can hire any Lawyer, there's only so far that can take you... if you're caught red handed you're caught red handed.

These two ‘arguments’ have been making my eyes go squiffy, courtesy of a couple of geniuses on bluemoon…

”The social media morons are misreading this as City wanting to have an unfair financial advantage, when in fact, we don’t want be unfairly penalised. This is what the fools don’t get, why should we roll over and allow four clubs to be in cahoots with football’s governing bodies to restrict reasonable sponsorship that would be allowed at other clubs? They’re trying to tie weights to our feet and this is most likely linked to the ‘115’ as if we receive a footballing punishment, they want to make it as hard as possible for us ever to rise to the same position of power. It’s clear and orchestrated and all of it is linked in my eyes.

Corrupt to the core, bring on the independent regulator.”

And this

”I have been having fun on twitter with this argument

If our sponsorship deals have been inflated, then haven't they done well out of them. They have sponsored a team that has won the treble, achieved 100 points, won 4 PL TITLES in a row and done the domestic treble, signed marketable superstars and are a global brand. For sponsors that is a win win scenario. They get to associate themselves with success.

Other teams sponsors will have put lots of money into sponsorship deals and seen the team they have sponsored finish mid table with a leaky roof, a crap manager whilst being millions in debt. These sponsors associate themselves with mediocrity and decay.”

That is what they’re saying?

Yeah who could have foreseen allowing nefarious middle eastern nation states, with questionable morals and human rigths records to buy Premier League clubs would have ever lead to any bother? :confused:

At this stage I have to wonder what Abu Dhabi even want out of owning City anymore. They've put Abu Dhabi on the map a lot more than it was, they've successfully dominated English football, signed the world's top coach and won a Treble. Sure they did a lot of cheating to achieve all this, but what else can they get from owning City form here on out other than a shit load of negative PR.

Fundamentally, democracy is the rule/dictatorship of the majority over the minority. "Tyranny" is just a cynical way to put it, especially by City's side, and has been a term in use since the 1700s by political theorists.