City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

It appears the rules do allow such but curious if the clubs actually care to do so, or afraid of legal backlash as City would rain legal fire down on everyone. Personally, I would love it, luv'it!, if the clubs did so this summer.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...icked-out-points-deduction-financial-breaches
Under section W.51.4, the commission can 'suspend a respondent [club] from playing in league matches or any matches in competitions which form part of the Games Programmes'. They're also able to 'deduct points scored or to be scored in league matches or such other matches'.

But most damning is their ability to 'recommend that the league expels the respondent from membership'. If it is recommended by the commission that City be expelled, a general meeting will be held by all members of the league.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ity-REJECTED-EFL-expelled-Premier-League.html
67374851-11718099-The_potential_range_of_punishments_the_Commission_could_hand_dow-a-33_1675686832603.jpg
Following a recommendation made by IC could then yes it could indeed lead to a special resolution being put to the clubs such a resolution would require a 75% majority but that route could only happen following a ruling but a disciplinary commission can only be appointed following a charge being issued by the PL.
It is possible that the clubs could make a request under the PLarbitration provisions to rule on certain matters but that route almost certainly wouldn’t achieve even a recommendation re explusion.
Back to the process of a special resolution ( I think Wolves is a simple resolution as opposed to a special resolution) a club or clubs could propose expulsion and the same 75% majority would be required but without there being an outcome from a commission I just can’t see that ever happening

Post Office?

Early on in my working life I did actually work for Post Office Counters. As a 17 year old it was an unbelievably hard job but no my background of investigations was taxation.

When you know what Everton and Nottm Forest have been sanctioned with for a tiny fraction of that, and how quickly that was processed, it’s strange and puzzling how long it is taking.
I think its because if they are to be given the same amount of punishment per charge as would be fair, they will be deducted points out of existence of the professional football game ( -1150 points )

When you know what Everton and Nottm Forest have been sanctioned with for a tiny fraction of that, and how quickly that was processed, it’s strange and puzzling how long it is taking.
It's not at all, City are being accused of fraud on a scale never seen before in the PL, it goes way beyond simply looking at a balance sheet and saying if a club were over an FFP limit. Everton, Forest, United (we got a fine), Chelsea etc. are all simple cases because the only accusation is going over a very tangible limit in terms of what you can spend.

It's not at all, City are being accused of fraud on a scale never seen before in the PL, it goes way beyond simply looking at a balance sheet and saying if a club were over an FFP limit. Everton, Forest, United (we got a fine), Chelsea etc. are all simple cases because the only accusation is going over a very tangible limit in terms of what you can spend.
Sport, surely?

Heard it mentioned once that the UAE have HUGE investments in the UK and have pressured the UK government to make this go away, or those investments will go elsewhere. Therefore the UK gov have been pressuring the PL/FA to let it go. All allegedly of course :nervous:

Wouldnt be surprised if they got off with a slap on the wrists. (if its true theres 'powers that be' looking after them)

Yeah I am convinced that's exactly what's happening and quite frankly it's utterly disgraceful

Since Wolves can put forward a proposal to get rid of VAR, I don't know why United, Arsenal and Liverpool all don't get together to propose City are removed from the PL.

They ought to be able to get the support of all those clubs who have missed out on European competitions and so revenue, by being pushed an extra place down the league by a bunch of cheating cnuts. In addition, Nottingham Forest and Everton, whose charges were dealt with in 10 minutes, yet nothing is done about City. All the teams who were relegated, missing out on PL revenue for 1 or more seasons, and have since come back up, who wouldn't have been relegated in the first place. You only need 13 teams to support it.

They add nothing to the league, so they won't be missed by anyone.

We know that's never gonna happen in a million years,it's frustrating because wish the other big clubs in this league felt stronger about this

Since Wolves can put forward a proposal to get rid of VAR, I don't know why United, Arsenal and Liverpool all don't get together to propose City are removed from the PL.

They ought to be able to get the support of all those clubs who have missed out on European competitions and so revenue, by being pushed an extra place down the league by a bunch of cheating cnuts. In addition, Nottingham Forest and Everton, whose charges were dealt with in 10 minutes, yet nothing is done about City. All the teams who were relegated, missing out on PL revenue for 1 or more seasons, and have since come back up, who wouldn't have been relegated in the first place. You only need 13 teams to support it.

They add nothing to the league, so they won't be missed by anyone.

Their legal team would immediately claim that was an attempt to influence the outcome of the case against them.

The best thing all clubs can do right now is say nothing.

Heard it mentioned once that the UAE have HUGE investments in the UK and have pressured the UK government to make this go away, or those investments will go elsewhere. Therefore the UK gov have been pressuring the PL/FA to let it go. All allegedly of course :nervous:

The UK government recently blocked an attempt from a Shiekh Mansoor backed UAE group from buying one of the UK's biggest media outlets so im not sure they would be pressured in to getting involved in this over threats of then withdrawing investment.

I'll maintain I really don't think there's a chance they get off without serious punishment, even if the route there isn't neccessarily linear.

The ones that hold the most power in domestic football are the clubs themselves. Replace the ~15 household names with random football teams and have them compete in the Premier League; it's dead in a week. The Super League debacle proved exactly this.

All 19 clubs are feeling very real financial implications as a result of the EPL's tighter rules around spending, some like Forest and Everton receiving punishment beyond financial. The very same set of rules that City have entirly swerved. That's before even thinking about missed revenue through competition qualification and league placements.

If the EPL do try to sweep this under the rug, I don't see way that the EPL clubs don't take serious issue.

The UK government recently blocked an attempt from a Shiekh Mansoor backed UAE group from buying one of the UK's biggest media outlets so im not sure they would be pressured in to getting involved in this over threats of then withdrawing investment.

Hmmm we will see on that I guess

All these actions by the PL are overdue by two decades+. Their ineptitude that let Abramovich buy Chelsea caused directly and indirectly all this mess. They know they have to do something now, but the problem is too big. It's a bit like cycling and doping. They let it happen. There is I am sure the traditional doping problems as well but we have the added problem of financial doping that I am not aure we will ever remotely get rid of.

What would happen if Newcastle get charged tomorrow? How long would that process take? How many diplomatic considerations are in there?

Nobody cares...how do you guys do it?
How do you type and type, create threads after thread, post after post for something you don't care about?
It's crazy to me.

Why would the owners of the other PL clubs, business men with interests in different areas not just football go up against City owners?

Some of them might have had direct dealings with UAE. UAE might have information that the authorities will be interested in regarding some of their dealings/investments. A lifelong fan turned club owner might but not these rich greedy business men.

How do you type and type, create threads after thread, post after post for something you don't care about?
It's crazy to me.

Why would the owners of the other PL clubs, business men with interests in different areas not just football go up against City owners?

Some of them might have had direct dealings with UAE. UAE might have information that the authorities will be interested in regarding some of their dealings/investments. A lifelong fan turned club owner might but not these rich greedy business men.

You can not respect or care about their footballing achievements, while still being wholly frustrated and angry with that they are doing to the game. This should be quite an obvious distinction.

It's crazy to me.

No-one cares about their fake achievements.
Everyone cares about them getting punished.

Got it?

You can not respect or care about their footballing achievements, while still being wholly frustrated and angry with that they are doing to the game. This should be quite an obvious distinction.
Not obvious to me but I get your point.
If it made me angry and frustrated and I wasn't in a position to do anything about. I won't be in threads making posts after postd about it like it will make a difference other than making me more angry and frustrated.

Not obvious to me but I get your point.
If it made me angry and frustrated and I wasn't in a position to do anything about. I won't be in threads making posts after postd about it like it will make a difference other than making me more angry and frustrated.
This isn't a thread that should ever die until they are brought to justice. In fact, it should be stickied.

This isn't a thread that should ever die until they are brought to justice. In fact, it should be stickied.
Billboard and placards should be erected at Old T. Match going fans should wear tops with 115 charges on it when attending games against City

Is it just a coincidence that multiple different media outlets have begun talking about this again at the same time or is something happening?

Ive just been reading an article in thr MEN that said City face a £350m+ compensation payout to other clubs if found guilty so if the charges stick things could get really messy for them.

Could be that bellend Keys has given others confidence to actually speak up on the matter.

It's also interesting that given the historic possibility of a 4th consecutive title, there's not that much noise around it all things considered. Almost as it there's a sense of nervousness from City.

Got it.
Keep crying about it. One day justice will prevail.

Imagine posting on a Man Utd forum and being surprised Man Utd fans don't think it's quite right that Man City have engineered this whole situation illegitimately.
Thinking cannot be your friend.

Or? They should just continue to make a mockery of the sport unabated?
City should get punished and I hope do get significant punishment, but I care about what the players have achieved on the pitch. Regardless of how that group of players came about. Those players care about the success they have achieved over the years.

Imagine posting on a Man Utd forum and being surprised Man Utd fans don't think it's quite right that Man City have engineered this whole situation illegitimately.
Thinking cannot be your friend.
I am not surprised and I don't think it's jealousy. The whole "no one cares" is what interests me when it's obvious the football world cares about them irrespective of the charges

City should get punished and I hope do get significant punishment, but I care about what the players have achieved on the pitch. Regardless of how that group of players came about. Those players care about the success they have achieved over the years.
And big up to Lance and Ben as it's their incredible performances that count, not how they achieved them.

And big up to Lance and Ben as it's their incredible performances that count, not how they achieved them.
Unless City players are all asthmatic..yes big up to their incredible performances
Who is Ben? Johnson?

How can what they have done be admired when we know it has only been achieved first by not complying with rules of the competitions they are playing in, and second when the club merely exists as a sportswashing exercise.

The players can polish their trophies, and count their money, but imo they have forfieted any right to be respected and admired by rival fans and the media.

How can what they have done be admired when we know it has only been achieved first by not complying with rules of the competitions they are playing in, and second when the club merely exists as a sportswashing exercise.

The players can polish their trophies, and count their money, but imo they have forfieted any right to be respected and admired by rival fans and the media.
Their player threads on here is all you need to know about whether they are reapected and admired on a United forum let alone in Europe and the World.

Because it's 11 against 11? And not against the 11 of the absolute best footballers in their positions. They are not winning every competition they play in year in year out? I find it very easy to separate the two.

The same way people can be excited about getting Omar Berrada or something, the former Ciry executive while knowing that he most probably was involved in whatever City are cooking.

Their player threads on here is all you need to know about whether they are reapected and admired on a United forum let alone in Europe and the World.

Because it's 11 against 11? And not against the 11 of the absolute best footballers in their positions. They are not winning every competition they play in year in year out? I find it very easy to separate the two.

The same way people can be excited about getting Omar Berrada or something, the former Ciry executive while knowing that he most probably was involved in whatever City are cooking.

I am not disputing they have fantastic players, and very talented people running the club, what I am saying is you can't say 'Oh I know they are accused of cheating but aren't they great at what they do', you could say, 'the players are great, but isn't it a shame they've had their careers tainted by all this'.

I mean there is a chance they could be thrown out of the league, even have alot of the trophies they have won taken from them, then what? Do you still look back and say what a great team they were?

I've heard this bullshit argument trotted out by their defenders time after time. They've still got to do it on the pitch.

None of the playing staff currently at City would have ever considered going to City if it wasn't for the money. The money was obtained by cheating, so who cares what the players do on the pitch, it's all false.

Would you care as much if it was a globetrotter team? Assembled from all the best clubs to go on parade as the best of the best? Or do you care because it's your club benefitting?

Is it just a coincidence that multiple different media outlets have begun talking about this again at the same time or is something happening?

Ive just been reading an article in thr MEN that said City face a £350m+ compensation payout to other clubs if found guilty so if the charges stick things could get really messy for them.
They could easily afford that though. The punishment has to be more than financial.

Yes yes it’s truly magical what brute force money and systematic fraud can achieve