City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Just when are The PL going to actually get city to answer these charges? It has been dragging on gor three plus years any other club would have been punished by now or some or all the charges dismissed. Just WTF is going on?

Just when are The PL going to actually get city to answer these charges? It has been dragging on gor three plus years any other club would have been punished by now or some or all the charges dismissed. Just WTF is going on?

I gave up hope on that happening when those cheating frauds got reinstated in Champions League

I'm not even sure PL lawyers are a match to City's team of world best lawyers. It will be men against boys. City's owner has zero concern on these charges. He has came out to speak confidently and laughed at these charges.

I'm no law expert, but I think they will try take the case over and beyond PL in other court if they were found guilty.

I'm not even sure PL lawyers are a match to City's team of world best lawyers. It will be men against boys. City's owner has zero concern on these charges. He has came out to speak confidently and laughed at these charges.

I'm no law expert, but I think they will try take the case over and beyond PL in other court if they were found guilty.

Premier League has been ruined by them

I’d imagine City’s and the PL’s will all be British KCs… no corner shop solicitors

How much should Alvarez have cost? Enzo, his teammate at River, went to Benfica for a similar fee. For every Alvarez, there are a few Kayky's that get forgotten. The real competitive advantage is that City have the resources to make those punts without it affecting them much whereas other teams have to be more judicious with the risks they take. If Brighton gets a bad batch of similarly-priced South American talent, it's much more difficult.

It's not just on youth players either.

Remember when they signed Eliaquim Mangala and he flopped, they just immediately replace him because they don't worry about the financial consequences. It's a similar story with Benjamin Mendy, João Cancelo and Kalvin Phillips. There's no jeopardy with their signings. It doesn't matter if they flop, get a bad injury, or do something in their personal life, City's years and years of cheating means that they just dump players and replace them.

Imagine being a Girona fan, witnessing the biggest (?) success in the clubs history and knowing it’s all tainted and you won’t even get to play champions league. Modern football is shit.

Leipzig and Salzburg dealt with this a few years ago... This year, Milan & Toulouse did it. It's not really an issue anymore.

Easy. City owner Sheikh Mansour transfers his interests in Girona to his twin brother Sheikh Dansour. You can only tell them apart by the fact that one of them has a beard.

Easy. City owner Sheikh Mansour transfers his interests in Girona to his twin brother Sheikh Dansour. You can only tell them apart by the fact that one of them has a beard.

Brilliant idea. Good solution. Move on, nothing to see here.

Leipzig and Salzburg dealt with this a few years ago... This year, Milan & Toulouse did it. It's not really an issue anymore.

Yeah Brighton and Union SG had the same this season or last. Bloom still owns both but he just transferred a share of his ownership of Union SG to the guy he appointed to run Union SG. Clearly just a front for Bloom owning both. Same thing will happen for all these multi club ownership types.

No wonder this is the longest time Pep stay in a club. Remains loyal and speak positively about City's owners all the time.
There aren't too many managers who speak otherwise about their club owners, at least publicly, they wouldn't still be the manager if they openly criticized them

There aren't too many managers who speak otherwise about their club owners, at least publicly, they wouldn't still be the manager if they openly criticized them

No need to criticise and no need to be full of praise. Just be neutral is good enough.

Excellent article every time it's brought up, but the fact Howard Bernstein was heading Manchester City Council at the same time as being one of the presidents of Manchester City was always a huge conflict of interest. Nothing more than corruption, selling the city's land for peanuts to his own football club.
Isn't it worse than that? He was on the council and after they got the land for cheap he coincidentally was rewarded with a senior role at CFG.

Isn't it worse than that? He was on the council and after they got the land for cheap he coincidentally was rewarded with a senior role at CFG.
Well yes - that too! Although I think the fact he was allowed to make decisions in favour of City while being the chief of the council should have come under far greater scrutiny at the time.

Well yes - that too! Although I think the fact he was allowed to make decisions in favour of City while being the chief of the council should have come under far greater scrutiny at the time.
Indeed it should have had closer scrutiny but the reality is that the land in question had been an industrial derelict wasteland for decades and anybody who wanted to buy it would probably have gotten it seriously cheaply whoever they were.

Indeed it should have had closer scrutiny but the reality is that the land in question had been an industrial derelict wasteland for decades and anybody who wanted to buy it would probably have gotten it seriously cheaply whoever they were.
Some of it was - contaminated from the old ink and chemical factories and definitely needed someone to invest in it. No complaints there. But some of it - land north of the stadium - wasn't like that at all.

They should have been relegated for the non release of information back in what, 2019? If missing a drug tests sees you get an 8 month ban, non provision of financial records should be an assumption of guilt.

‘We haven’t cheated’
“Show us your records”
‘No’
“Ok. As you were”

That’s not even one of the charges.

Dirtiest club on the planet.

Excellent article every time it's brought up, but the fact Howard Bernstein was heading Manchester City Council at the same time as being one of the presidents of Manchester City was always a huge conflict of interest. Nothing more than corruption, selling the city's land for peanuts to his own football club.

You would think Abu Dhabi have been doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts the way some people talk about it, rather than making massive profits from assets sold on the cheap.

They didn't put it out to tender, you can read the full report at Sheffield Uni website, it's hard to see how it was allowed because they list the prices of all the other land in the area bought at the same time by other investors (also mostly foreign) and it's like a third of the price. Then they added leasehold over 4x as long as usual AND then to add insult to injury, they don't pay any tax as everything is owned by a web of companies in jersey who are all ADUG companies.

Excellent points. The Qatar thread said it all, really.
I don’t think the Qatar thread said much except “if you can’t beat them join them”. Personally If city get away with cheating, I’d happy accept Utd cheating to match. Obviously my preference would be nobody cheating, but the premier league don’t care.

I wonder how this would have played out if the Premier League took a more hardened stance to begin with.

Still refusing to provide the Premier League with the information requested three years down the line? No problem, until you comply (and you’ve had fair opportunity) then you won’t be competing in the Premier League. We’d soon see how quickly they miraculously want to go to court where everything is then under a spotlight.

I can’t imagine there’s a single team in the league except City who wouldn’t approve it.

Some of it was - contaminated from the old ink and chemical factories and definitely needed someone to invest in it. No complaints there. But some of it - land north of the stadium - wasn't like that at all.
Can't speak to the north, I can't remember what was there before TBH, I just know the whole area was just a wasteland for decades

They should have been relegated for the non release of information back in what, 2019? If missing a drug tests sees you get an 8 month ban, non provision of financial records should be an assumption of guilt.

‘We haven’t cheated’
“Show us your records”
‘No’
“Ok. As you were”

That’s not even one of the charges.

Dirtiest club on the planet.
Incredible isn’t it. That’s why their trophies and titles are so hollow.

Unfortunately I think you ar3 correct.

The EPL is a multi-billion pound business. I find it hard to believe they can't afford top-class lawyers.

Just tell the other 19 clubs that you’re cutting their money to afford the legal fees. The tide will turn pretty quickly.

The Premier League have apparently beaten City in court on more than occasion already.

TalkSPORT had a expert talking about what lawyers the PL are using in this case and he said they are the best of the best , so it’s not like City have the upper hand in that regard , as someone said before, the PL is a multi billion dollar company!

I don’t think the Qatar thread said much except “if you can’t beat them join them”. Personally If city get away with cheating, I’d happy accept Utd cheating to match. Obviously my preference would be nobody cheating, but the premier league don’t care.
Enjoy glory hunting. Football is lucky you chose to give it your attention.