City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

No one in the whole world can compete with Lance Armstrong for 7 years straight no matter how talented they're, how hard they trained or how lucky they were simply because Armstrong doped and because of that he was head and shoulders above others. There were thousands of supreme talented, highly committed professional cyclist that find it impossible to compete with Armstrong. He was too good with doping.

It's only right his titles were stripped away. Every sport need to do the right things and football should be no different.

Assuming those emails weren't fabricated, it's pretty clear there's been some hilarious dodgy work going on.
It'll just be interesting if the premier league can punish based off hacked evidence. Not sure you can use illegally gained evidence in court cases?

In 4-5 years when this is all done and dealt with it'll be interesting.
And how they deal with the 10+ pots City have probably won in the meantime!

This is good news because arrogance of this kind rarely ends well

Even if they do win it he'll have to deal with the trophies either being rescinded at worst, or clearly massively tainted at best.

Muting everything related to them on Twitter has been blissful. No more dumbasses lording over them. No constant treble bollocks. Treated like they should be, like they don’t exist and it’s a nice look at a football world where they didn’t just decide to ruin the landscape of it.

Muting everything related to them on Twitter has been blissful. No more dumbasses lording over them. No constant treble bollocks. Treated like they should be, like they don’t exist and it’s a nice look at a football world where they didn’t just decide to ruin the landscape of it.

Not living in a very small radius of Manchester, I don't even have to mute or do anything to avoid them.
If it were Liverpool, social media would be utterly awash with their guff. And I'd probably have a cold stressy feeling and dread these finals.
For City, even beating us felt pretty minimal to be honest.

They are a weird lot when it comes to tattoos. If memory serves, many years ago there was a photo circulating of a City fan that got a tattoo that was something related to Kaka playing for city and them being CL winners

To say nothing of Leroy Sane getting a tattoo of his celebration after a goal he scored in the first leg of a CL RO16 tie that they lost anyway

What makes you think they are reporting on them truthfully and accurately?...
Not sure why you think they are reporting them inaccurately.

Again: the reported transfer fees that City pay for players are high. They are not low. They are, on average, above those players' market value. Why would they be secretly paying even more than that?

Now, you could say some of the money they make from sales is high. Maybe there's something there. But they have a large net spend so that's not having a huge influence.

Again: the reported transfer fees that City pay for players are high. They are not low. They are, on average, above those players' market value. Why would they be secretly paying even more than that?

Now, you could say some of the money they make from sales is high. Maybe there's something there. But they have a large net spend so that's not having a huge influence.

probably the 155 charges against them for financially lying i guess. Hidden fees, hidden agent fees, hidden bonuses, offshore account payments off the books to get transfers done. You know, that kind of stuff.

There's a chance that when a club have 115 charges against them, with some of the snippets we've seen being falsifying where money has come from, that other figures they quote may not be 100% above board.

I wonder if Newcastle will end up facing similar charges to City since they are now alledgedly sponsored by their own owners.

Papers reporting it is not expected to break any rule. I don't understand how that's possible.

Corruption

Everyone has a price, and that includes PL officials.
Newcastle fans on twitter saying they were sponsored by Sports Direct. That's a decent point. I guess the key is fair market value.

At least Newcastle are keeping the number relatively low.

They should be able to blow City out of the water with these sort 'deals' really, far bigger club, with far better support.

Dodgy or not they seem to be doing things fairly low key for now.

Newcastle fans on twitter saying they were sponsored by Sports Direct. That's a decent point. I guess the key is fair market value.

Well, that's pretty much justifying the cheating.

"We can cheat now cause Mike Ashley was a very shitty owner, so we deserve success now even if it's cheating"

Last edited:
The argument coming through from their fans about Citys net spend v other clubs is ludicrous. So much that Im amazed it's even being put forward as an argument at all.

The bought Ferran Torres for 20m, then sold him on for 55m. So the made 35m net profit.

If they have cooked the books to get the 20m into the club in the first place then people can't then put forward the argument "Yeah but we made 35m when we sold him", like it somehow washes the illicit 20m away in the first place.

Apply this to every player they have bought and sold on for profit.

It's a joke.
Probably financed the move themselves on the back end too. This was when Barca were having financial problems iirc.

Saudis are being sensible at the moment, if City get off on these charges all bets are off they'll take it as a green light to really ramp it up.

The thing is, outside of us United fans, no one seems to care...

The absolute farce of a team steamrollering all the trophies but with it known they've been charged for 115 offences.

What sort of otherworld does this sort of thing happen in?

Their treble is meaningless considering the charges I'm indifferent to their successes

Same here. There'll be a media adore fest - which has already begun with licking off Pep, but it's all hollow. A very good team but cheats.

Just me that couldn’t care less?

Means nothing if you can break endless rules, regulations AND have unlimited money.

Just me that couldn’t care less?

Means nothing if you can break endless rules, regulations AND have unlimited money.

With the unlimited money financed in part by literal human slavery.

Damn shame for football, regardless of whichever club you support.