Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Maybe the late 90's/early 00's generation watchers aren't rocked when they see the likes of Richarlison and Raphina starting for Brazil. Good players but way off the standard they were used to when spoiled in a golden age of Brazilian talent. Hell even Antony started in last World Cup if memory serves me correct.
Raphinha has 6 goals 7 assists to start the season for Barcelona who are top of La Liga, hardly comparable with Richarlison who is a bench player for Spurs. That's a higher level than a lot of Brazilian forwards. Rivaldo said Raphinha reminds him of himself:

https://tribuna.com/en/news/fcbarce...nd-rivaldo-lamine-yamal-reminds-me-of-myself/

It was never this bad. This team will get knocked out RO16. If they even make it that far.

I think this is the worst Madrid side since 08 or something.
What? This is the same team that won La Liga and Champions League just 5 months ago and they have added Mbappe.

What? This is the same team that won La Liga and Champions League just 5 months ago and they have added Mbappe.
No Kroos, no control. It can work out, but quite often it is not convincing and sometimes it doesn't work at all at the moment.

FCB - FCB is going to be epic tonight
Should be. Expect a high scoring event here and a quite open battle.

Which is exactly why it will turn out as a 0-0, both teams boringly pressing each other in midfield and nobody breaks through :lol:

There's a number of departures, like Kroos, Nacho, Joselu, and absences like Carvajal and Alaba. Last season was also pretty long and I suspect lots of players are still tired. Plus they won Liga/CL so they feel entitled to be lazy (which I respect tbh).

There's a number of departures, like Kroos, Nacho, Joselu, and absences like Carvajal and Alaba. Last season was also pretty long and I suspect lots of players are still tired. Plus they won Liga/CL so they feel entitled to be lazy (which I respect tbh).
Think they’ll target a couple of domestic players to cover the league games for the rest of the season, don’t know what they do about the gap Kroos has left though

No Kroos, no control. It can work out, but quite often it is not convincing and sometimes it doesn't work at all at the moment.
I don´t think it´s that big of a problem. Their team are young and they have good economy. They will buy the next Kroos if their youngsters fail to reach his level. Real will continue to dominate Europe for a long time..

Looking forward to the Barca-Bayern game. Also think Leipzig could pull of an upset tonight.

Looking forward to the Barca-Bayern game. Also think Leipzig could pull of an upset tonight.
They won’t. They will play well, have some really good chances and then will lose. It’s what they always do against box clubs.

They won’t. They will play well, have some really good chances and then will lose. It’s what they always do against box clubs.
Hoping you’re wrong. They create enough chances in games. It’s just whether they take them or not. Can see it being an end to end game. Both teams wanting to attack.

I think we'll make some changes today. Maybe Endo and Bradley starting, possibly Quansah too.

Celtic shipped like 15 goals to dortmund, how atalanta haven't scored yet is beyond md