Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

That was seriously impressive by Benfica, especially considering how defensive Atletico are, and their (usually) fantastic shape. When was the last time Atletico conceded 4? Impressive.
These sort of comments just keep surprising me. Atleti have not been defensively sound in atleast 2-3 seasons now. Its even more surprising when you have English pundits go on and on about Atetli's defensive solidity every time they play in the CL.

These sort of comments just keep surprising me. Atleti have not been defensively sound in atleast 2-3 seasons now. Its even more surprising when you have English pundits go on and on about Atetli's defensive solidity every time they play in the CL.
Fair enough. I thought they were still pretty good defensively. It is a bit surprising because they've conceded only 4 goals in the league so far in 8 matches, the fewest goals conceded out of all the teams. Surely can't be that bad.
5th time this year.
Really? Oh dear..

What a match by Juve, fair play to them. They managed to win an absolutely freakish game, everything bad that could happen to a team happened in this game.

Fair enough. I thought they were still pretty good defensively. It is a bit surprising because they've conceded only 4 goals in the league so far in 8 matches, the fewest goals conceded out of all the teams. Surely can't be that bad.

Really? Oh dear..
Lets just say their days of complete defensive solidity are long gone even though they've been okay in the League this year. If anything, I've finally found them really fun to watch for the last year/18 months because they do attack fairly well. They're just not the team they were earlier.

Still pissed smdh :mad:

First shot of the second half in the 70th minute. xG generated on those 70 minutes: 0.7 - xG generated in the last 20: 1.4

Gives you an idea of the urgency, focus and effort we played this game with :mad::mad::mad:

First shot of the second half in the 70th minute. xG generated on those 70 minutes: 0.7 - xG generated in the last 20: 1.4

Gives you an idea of the urgency, focus and effort we played this game with :mad::mad::mad:
Sounds like you support utd

Ah cheer up, you're level with Feyenoord after 2 games!

Don't really care about that, we're Real Madrid, if we finish 25th we still win this thing anyways, it's a foregone conclusion

It's the attitude that pisses me off. At least put some effort in a CL game, know what I'm saying?

Too much talk about Aston Villa and not enough about Lille. They completely nullified Real Madrid and could have won by more.
They even got Mbappe go to the dressing room after final whistle whereas the rest of his teammates still went to applaud the travelling fans

Too much talk about Aston Villa and not enough about Lille. They completely nullified Real Madrid and could have won by more.
I mean this isn't really true. They were lucky to win actually, with a lucky penalty and then Madrid missing the flurry of chances late in the game. They did play well, absolutely, and deserve praise for their performance, though we were putrid until the last 15 minutes or so when we finally got around to try a little bit

I mean this isn't really true. They were lucky to win actually, with a lucky penalty and then Madrid missing the flurry of chances late in the game. They did play well, absolutely, and deserve praise for their performance, though we were putrid until the last 15 minutes or so when we finally got around to try a little bit
I don't know why it's mentioned as being a lucky penalty. It was a penalty.

Lille a good chance on a break to make it 2-0 before those last 2 minutes. Mbappe went crying in the dressing room inside of applauding the traveling fans. What a disgrace

Lille a good chance on a break to make it 2-0 before those last 2 minutes. Mbappe went crying in the dressing room inside of applauding the traveling fans. What a disgrace
I don't give a feck about Mbappé to be fair. He's good for French politics and society, but for football Idgaf.

As for the game, I mean, if Guler doesn't miss a free header, if Endrick doesn't miss a 1vs1 with the gk, if, if....Lille created one real open play chance, in the first, half, won a penalty by kicking a FK into Camavinga's arm(yes, it was penalty, not saying otherwise) and then pretty much had nothing else the whole game. We played like crap, but we still created a fair few chances more and on a "normal" day of finishing, would have won anyways

They even got Mbappe go to the dressing room after final whistle whereas the rest of his teammates still went to applaud the travelling fans

Tbh I think that’s more to do with us than Lille. Hell even Alaves came close to a draw against us at home. Not to mention literally every single other team we’ve faced this season was a struggle.

We are crap this season.

All the league stage fixtures have been released as far as I know so every team knows who they'll be playing.
Yeah I know I didn't mean it literally; but its not like you'd get your group and go "oooh weve got to get a result against them" etc like it used to be. Its all just a bit random.

So. What makes UEFA change the new format , people complaining, or the (still very unlikely) event of RM not qualifying for the KO stage.

For certain I think if we have a QF without at least 2-3 of the usual suspects, especially RM, UEFA change it very quickly.

Tbh I think that’s more to do with us than Lille. Hell even Alaves came close to a draw against us at home. Not to mention literally every single other team we’ve faced this season was a struggle.

We are crap this season.
How is Bellingham doing this season? Not much judging by results.

So. What makes UEFA change the new format , people complaining, or the (still very unlikely) event of RM not qualifying for the KO stage.

For certain I think if we have a QF without at least 2-3 of the usual suspects, especially RM, UEFA change it very quickly.
Theres no way in hell Real aren't making it as far as they usually do. Bad performance against Lille aside. The only need 10ish points from 8 games to make the top 24 and get in the knockouts, soon as that happens they'll just win every game.

More matches in group stages
More matches between ‘top sides’
Fewer dead rubbers
Yeah… on paper it sounds good. And as the poster below pointed out it’s still set up where the usual teams should still reach the last 8, but as always you’ll have one surprise addition and on big team exiting early. But you never know, I think this set up more than any might just see more big teams than we realise miss on. Especially from the English clubs.

It’s match day 2. Merely a quarter of the group stages has been played. With 99,99% certainty Real will qualify among the top 24 at the very least. There only have to be 12 teams worse than them among UEL level teams likes (no offense) Bratislava, Young Boys, Graz, Salzburg, Red Star, Celtic, Zagreb and Prague. And from the playoffs forward it will two legged ties just like in the past.

Fail to see the point in 2 early games and 7 games on at 8 o'clock.

Might watch Real and Dortmund. Unless there's a decent Championship game on.

Red Star Belgrade has to be one of if not the worst team in this competition. This is their 12th successive loss away, although I do recall they have some good results at home against the big teams. Big goal for Milan, they have to win this.