Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Kane 1-1. It really has been coming. Another easy ball behind the full backs.

Vini and Co will destroy this backline at the weekend.

They have all season, they just have this annoying uncanny knack of somehow scoring more than the opposition by the end of the game
And being able to keep clean sheets have helped them this season. Under Klopp they was more open at the back. There more disciplined now.

Liverpool concede. Offside. Score down the other end.

feck me I hate this club a damn site more than I love United.

Barca have improved a fair bit in the last 5-8 minutes. Still look naive at the back but Yamal and Pedri having a lot more influence now.

Don't understand why Kimmich is th deepest of the midfield 2 with Paulhinha. I thought the whole point of signing him was that Kimmich doesn't have to play the 6.

For the goal and another time he's being playing as a center back.

This Barca-Bayern game is fecking brilliant :lol:

Muller looks out of place.

So does anyone think this is an improvement over the groups so far?
Ugh no. I find this new format too unpredictable. In the previous format, every match in the group stage felt crucial because there were only six games and every result had a direct impact on the group standings. The loss of home-and-away consistency and the increased unpredictability detracts from the traditional Champions League experience. I don't like this lack of clarity of qualification. Because of the loss of home and away playing the same team twice, there is also a lack of tactical nuance now. UEFA keeps ruining it. First it was the removal of away goals which made the Champions League so exciting and now they had to extend to 2 more games and the group stage getting prolonged to next year.

Don't understand why Kimmich is th deepest of the midfield 2 with Paulhinha. I thought the whole point of signing him was that Kimmich doesn't have to play the 6.

For the goal and another time he's being playing as a center back.
Kompany wants Palinha hunting down the ball while Kimmich controls it from deep. Against smaller teams it's the opposite.

Kompany wants Palinha hunting down the ball while Kimmich controls it from deep. Against smaller teams it's the opposite.

Fair point. Also think that Paulhinha isn't good on the ball so having him deep would mean more chances of losing the ball under pressure.

Is usually the opposite with Pavlovic since Pavlovic is more than capable to play under pressure.

Is FDJ injured or just not playing?
I see he is on the bench and was an unused sub last game as well.