Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Bayern were a total mess defensively. A very avoidable defeat. I don’t think they were three goals worse, not by a long shot, but the naivety in the set up is alarming. That’s on the coach completely. His defensive structure made no sense. Reminiscent of his struggles with Burnley last season.

The second Barca goal was a stonewall foul. How VAR hasn’t chalked that off is incomprehensible. Just what exactly is the point of VAR if they can get decisions this wrong? Also have to feel like Neuer should’ve done a lot better today. Particularly on the 4th goal. There’s no way Raphinha should be beating the keeper from there. Well placed shot, definitely, but Neuer was so slow to react. A short step to the left and dive and that’s an easy save, but he was flat flooted, expecting him to go near post I reckon. Poor, either way.

Barca deserved winners but between VAR not doing its job, and Kompany shooting his team in the foot, Bayern have ended up on the wrong end of a beating; when they really shouldn’t have.

Atlético a complete shit show today. Looking at the table sees the top three places taken by English teams. Arsenal just out of the top 8 on goal difference. Early days, but good signs for the PL. some big teams struggling in the standings right now. Bayern, PSG, Milan. Leipzig are a mess, lost 3 out of 3.

Bayern were a total mess defensively. A very avoidable defeat. I don’t think they were three goals worse, not by a long shot, but the naivety in the set up is alarming. That’s on the coach completely. His defensive structure made no sense. Reminiscent of his struggles with Burnley last season.

The second Barca goal was a stonewall foul. How VAR hasn’t chalked that off is incomprehensible. Just what exactly is the point of VAR if they can get decisions this wrong? Also have to feel like Neuer should’ve done a lot better today. Particularly on the 4th goal. There’s no way Raphinha should be beating the keeper from there. Well placed shot, definitely, but Neuer was so slow to react. A short step to the left and dive and that’s an easy save, but he was flat flooted, expecting him to go near post I reckon. Poor, either way.

Barca deserved winners but between VAR not doing its job, and Kompany shooting his team in the foot, Bayern have ended up on the wrong end of a beating; when they really shouldn’t have.

Come on, why shouldn't Bayern loose...because Barca exploited Bayern deficiencies? BTW Barca also allowed quite a lot of space in their flanks to be exploited like in the goal. Or Barca when Bayern tore them to pieces time and again they always just made some excellent defending and it was just a pure demonstration of skill and accuracy by Bayern?...I don't get the idea behind your statement, no pun intended.

More when even with Bayern not defending at their best, also has to do with the level of talent involved in the passing, the finishing, the dribbling, the managing of tempo, of fast break and pause, etc by Barca.

Regarding the foul, that was a very very very light hand on the back that always bothers, but it's typical and that could be call or not, in all of those cases the defenders always exagerate to gain a foul the moment they just feel a hand behind, nothing to bitch a lot. Also it's not a question of "feelling" that Neuer should have done better in that goal and in other plays that could have ended in goals too, HE SHOULD have done better, he was poor today and he is having many Donnaruma batshit moments for a keeper of his level and status.

Atlético a complete shit show today. Looking at the table sees the top three places taken by English teams. Arsenal just out of the top 8 on goal difference. Early days, but good signs for the PL. some big teams struggling in the standings right now. Bayern, PSG, Milan. Leipzig are a mess, lost 3 out of 3.
In fairness Solorth missed 3 of the most blatant sitters you're ever likely to see.

But it totally changed in the second half, Simeone really messed up with whatever the hell he said at half time.

They are better than that. I would say similar to Chelsea. They knocked out Arsenal last season with ease.

Chelsea have better players all over, don't think a single Bayern player would make their team. Would be around Forest/Newcastle level in the table.

English teams have dropped 2 points from 36 so far. This format probably suits them better with their huge squads. It would be a massive surprise if they do as badly as last year once the knockouts start.

Chelsea have better players all over, don't think a single Bayern player would make their team. Would be around Forest/Newcastle level in the table.
I think that is a bit silly, Chelsea's squad isn't that good, very similar to Bayern. Bayern's problem is age, it's an old team. These players in their prime would smash Chelsea.

That’s a bit harsh. Fairly sure Kane would start for Chelsea and maybe Dier in defence. Agree that it’s hard to see who else would get in though.

They were a mess defensively but it was more individual errors than the setup. Point is their board fecked up, the center backs arent good enough. Not positionally aware and dont have the speed to cover large areas. Tuchel had the same problem, they obviously need better defenders asap

That’s a bit harsh. Fairly sure Kane would start for Chelsea and maybe Dier in defence. Agree that it’s hard to see who else would get in though.

In terms of full squad, Kimmich is great, Musiala is excellent, Grnaby can be very good (as Sane or Coman in a good day)...later Kane, Neuer and Muller are legends, it's true that these last two have a very bad day in the office and Neuer specially has been doing too many mistakes for his stature, yet Chelsea still it's quite disjointed and not precisly full of proven stars and a mature team either. More than names, I feel that both are too much on a grey area and Bayern needs to renovate more, won't be surpirse if they snatch Wirtz like they usually do.

I was joking. Plenty of Bayern players get in, Kane Musiala, Olisie, Kimmich, Davies, Kim/Upa (since Chelsea's CBs are horrible).

Bayern wouldn't be top obviously but easily top 4. Pool and City are clearly better.

In fairness Solorth missed 3 of the most blatant sitters you're ever likely to see.

But it totally changed in the second half, Simeone really messed up with whatever the hell he said at half time.
Indeed, the first half should have end with a clear advantage and the goalas against were all quite silly, strange penalty included. BUT, Simeone it's having some sort of bad energy tarsnfer to his squad, they play great for a couple of minutes and later they become chaotic, he makes too many changes in most matches, the team has some very odd names and too many oldies that maybe have to be release, there is a bad mojo going on on Aleti since last year mostly that needs some change, even if in this game they lacked some "luck"

Feels like Atlético spend massive on strikers every year looking for the one guy who’ll score enough to let them get away with their bullshit