2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Neither were really red cards though, were they…

Don't think he can have too much complaints yesterday - first booking was definitely harsh, but the second one you'll almost always get a booking for that - no idea why he's not gone in for it with his head.

no idea why he's not gone in for it with his head.

Look at the replay. If you pause at the time he jumps and (more importantly) right before the impact, then you see that the ball is really far away from him (and high too). He had no chance of reaching that with his head but it was plausible that he could reach it with his boot.

High boots are always risky and it was clearly the wrong choice considering that he was already on a yellow. But there are angles where you only can reach the ball with your boot and yesterday was such an instance.

High and close to body: use your head

Low/medium height and far away: use your boot or do a diving header

High and far away: high boot or give up

Last edited:
What else is supposed to happen ? If you play well and are productive then fans will tolerate a lot of things they don't like about you.
On the other hand, if you can't score nor assist but yeah, people have less tims for his bullshit. Is that something that surprising ?
Not suprising at all. Criticism is obviously fine but the latest notion of "just get him out of the team to improve" is more desperate hope than reasonable expection. Thats why I say lets not get overboard with "lets see how well we do in this one game without him".

An anonymous figure this season thus far.

Apart from the Fulham game he barely looks like scoring.

Love Bruno but he's been poor

Not suprising at all. Criticism is obviously fine but the latest notion of "just get him out of the team to improve" is more desperate hope than reasonable expection. Thats why I say lets not get overboard with "lets see how well we do in this one game without him".
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not certain that the team will be better without but I would like to have the chance to find out.

An anonymous figure this season thus far.

Apart from the Fulham game he barely looks like scoring.

Love Bruno but he's been poor

He hasn't been anonymous though, has he? He's been painfully, obviously poor. Giving up possession, spamming poor quality shots from outside the area, pinging balls to the opposition, even his bad tackles flash so brightly he gets undeservedly sent off for them.

I don't think he's capable of being anonymous.

And I say this as someone who has loved what he brought to the club, being the creative fulcrum of a messy team.

I'm bot convinced Bruno is the right man to lead this club forward. Form is temporary and I am sure he'll come good again but even when he's on top of his game he is a giveaway merchant and I am not sure that really suits how Wilcox, Ashworth etc will want the club to play long term. Yes, he pulls off worldy balls from time to time but the sheer amount of simple balls into space or down channels that he under hits is staggering.

But where I am starting to get fed up with Bruno is the attitude. He gives the ball away 20 times a match and spams 10 crosses into opponents shins and has the audacity to wave his arms like a ten year old when a teammate doesn't pick him out in the box? The facial expressions also annoy me to no end. Always pouting and sucking lemons. Looking like he's about to cry. Roy Keane would have eaten him alive.

It's everyone's favourite time; It's solemn Instagram apology time!

ex3xgl56cssd1.jpeg

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not certain that the team will be better without but I would like to have the chance to find out.
Me too. And as far as I can oversee this thread, 99% of posters on here as well.
It's everyone's favourite time; It's solemn Instagram apology time!

ex3xgl56cssd1.jpeg
I am sure he meant well but it is a bit weird that some players feel that the fans would appreciate such a text. But at the same time, I guess, there are some fans who really do. Probably just the genius matchgoers because lets face it, they know football

I am sure he meant well but it is a bit weird that some players feel that the fans would appreciate such a text. But at the same time, I guess, there are some fans who really do. Probably just the genius matchgoers because lets face it, they know football
Fans only change their mind when they see change on the pitch. These kind of messages are only appropriate if it's not related to performance, like doing something stupid off the pitch. But when it comes to performances we don't need apologies or self pity, just play better.

Me too. And as far as I can oversee this thread, 99% of posters on here as well.

I think they don't care about it would be perceived, they follow a program when it comes to PR. I don't believe the players are that clueless about the current discontent

Fans only change their mind when they see change on the pitch. These kind of messages are only appropriate if it's not related to performance, like doing something stupid off the pitch. But when it comes to performances we don't need apologies or self pity, just play better.
Completely agree. Good point with the off-pitch stuff.
I think they don't care about it would be perceived, they follow a program when it comes to PR. I don't believe the players are that clueless about the current discontent
Would be interesting to know, who sets this program then, wouldn't it? Because even a professional in the field, would they really think, such a text would be perceived well? And it isn't just Bruno, with Rashford month ago I asked myself the exact same question... in what bubble do they live in to think, that such a text would have any effect on a situation...?

Aston Villa 0:0 Man Utd New
Can he please be benched, useless non existent player.

Constant stinkers yet is never held accountable for his performances.

Only has a good 20 mins vs Barnsley in an already won game to his name this season. Complete liability outside of that.

Loved his heel-flip in the buildup to open a great opportunity for Villa in the 1st half. His freekick was very nice though. Weird player. Don't think, he was a particular problem today. If we wanted to go for counters, it would have been daft not to play him. On form, no doubt he should get a time out but I guess todays match wouldn't have been changed by that.

I thought he was slightly better than he's been the whole season. Like a 6/10 rather than a 4/10, even though he got dispossessed or made poor passes quite a number of times. Playing more compact suits him better and makes him less of a calamity in possession.

He has ALWAYS played this way. It's just that he a got a pass from many fands because he covered up his terrible performances his a goal or assist.

He would not start for another big team.

You'll still see the occasional fan boy like Scandi Red on here however most people are starting to see what the significant minority of United fans and most opposition fans have been saying for a long while.

Twice in the first half Villa had counters from his sloppiness.

He might gloss over some of our deficiencies in attack in this current squad, but the way he plays is fundamentally against any sort of modern proactive approach.

He has been generally appalling this season. I've defended him a lot historically but he fecks up nearly every touch at the moment.

He's the new roadblock to the team's progress. Desperately need to get rid of him or we will do nothing going forward.

100% needs benching. We're giving the ball away far too much and it's killing the attacks. The front four players today looked like strangers and it was even less cohesive with the subs. Unfortunately, he's not performing well enough in such an important position. Not only that, but his contributions have dried up. He's offering very little at a time when we need him to be offering more.

He is exactly what is wrong with united right now, efficiency and simplicity takes backseat to flashiness regardless of end result, doesn't matter that taking a touch would be the better decision and wil lead to a better pass, the one touch pass will look cooler and that is what matters more than keeping possession or creating the actual chance. Why make a simple 5 yard pass when you can do a back heel pass.

This is exactly how united are operating off the field, more shiny toys while being clueless to the simple straightforward issues we have. He was a midtable player with a highlight fetish in portugal and he has hasn't changed.

He was very disciplined in the first half, but his passing was still very poor.

Without the possession he was better with less single man pressing, that's what team wait for him to press and break our structure.

In the second half he was back to the same old gun-ho pressing.

The fact that some people still think this guy is ‘world class’. Can’t even pass the ball 5 yards without giving it away, or trying fancy little flicks in the middle of the pitch. Has absolutely no tactical or self discipline whatsoever. Been living off his past reputation for the past 18 months.

Absolute fraud of a footballer.

The problem is the alternatives are rather thin. Rashford gets subbed now because there is more to choose in those positions.
No excuse in my opinion. Any of Zirkzee, Amad and Eriksen can play as a 10 and probably more effective than Bruno at the moment. Similarly we could bring in Ugarte or Casemiro and solidify the midfield.

Not only his short passing is bad, there was a moment in the first half where we were trying to keep hold of the ball but then he decided to play 30-40 yards cross field pass to Garnacho, who was near the touch line with two Aston Villa players near him so he couldn’t have done much even if the pass was inch perfect but of course he overhit it and ended up losing another needless possession.

The footballing IQ and technical consistency of our players are really on another level.

Another weakness in EtHs management is not knowing when to take players out of the firing line.

Bruno's confidence looks shot and he's frustrated - just give him a couple of games out to composed himself