2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Won’t matter either way. Bruno has been poor but I’m not sure we’d be better without him. I wish the problem was that simple.

Posts of people who were so certain that it was a red card have not aged well, have they.

I cannot be disappointed about overturning the red card against our captain. That would be stupid, but he and Rashford 100% need to be benched. If Erik doesn't do that he does deserve to be sacked and he will be sacked and good riddance.

One of the most damaging things we have experienced post Sir Alex, in this club has been that every manager had their undroppable players. Mourinho had those, Ole certainly did, and Erik has them too. It is a big part of why we are inconsistent and shit. I don't care what Erik thinks of Rashford, he has been shit for 18 months and doesn't deserve to start. I don't care if Bruno is captain, he has been shit for months and also needs to be benched.

Either you deliver or you are benched, doesn't matter who you are - should be THE rule, and only then we will see consistency and quality. Starting an out-of-form player doesn't just damage that position, it also damages entire culture of the squad. This needs to stop

Does that prick ref and VAR team get a fine or a ban because they were incompetent?

Exactly. we could and probably would have lost anyway, but there's no doubt those pricks ruined a game and who knows - maybe we could have bounced back. It's just Spurs, after all, even if they think they have become anything better, they have not.

Was looking forward to see if there's improvement without Bruno. He plays every game and it's difficult to see if he is as big of a problem as we think

We were getting battered and were lucky to go in just 1 down. However with eleven men who knows what could have happened. The ref making a mistake is acceptable, it happens. However for VAR not to look at it straight away and make him watch a monitor is just pure incompetence.
We had a 10 minute spell in 2nd half where we were threatening- so it flipping has cost us.

Said it during the chaos at the time but the referee gave a red purely on the basis of the players reactions. If you’re influenced that easy then you’re not fit to referee.

We were getting battered and were lucky to go in just 1 down. However with eleven men who knows what could have happened. The ref making a mistake is acceptable, it happens. However for VAR not to look at it straight away and make him watch a monitor is just pure incompetence.
We had a 10 minute spell in 2nd half where we were threatening- so it flipping has cost us.

Trust me we were better with 10 than we were with Bruno - that spell you talked about wouldn’t have happened because Bruno would have possibly played a long ball in the first minute of that spell.

Cafe is back to sell Bruno phase once again.
While I think he's a very good player if deployed right, I also agree that his cycle with us should had ended last season. And he actually has market, it's not like it would be hard to sell him.

It was pretty obvious from one angle it was never a red. The whole of the sky panel was adamant, every pundit was adamant.

A couple of posters who are professionally antagonistic thinking it was Red shouldn't be taken seriously

Trust me we were better with 10 than we were with Bruno - that spell you talked about wouldn’t have happened because Bruno would have possibly played a long ball in the first minute of that spell.

Trust me bro because possibly long ball during good spell. Redcafe in the mud.

We conceded 2 more goals in the second half without answer and that's the primary metric for performance. The entire team was shit in the first half and must have had a rocket up their ass to improve as 10 in the second. What's to say Bruno wouldn't have improved too?

So much dumb causation correlation fallacy across this forum.

Won’t matter either way. Bruno has been poor but I’m not sure we’d be better without him. I wish the problem was that simple.

Fans continue to look for simple solutions, like removing Fellaini, Lingard, Pogba, Matic, Maguire, Ronaldo, Casemiro, Bruno…

It’s crystal clear now that our issues are so much more complex than just changing out a player or two.

Cafe is back to sell Bruno phase once again.
While I think he's a very good player if deployed right, I also agree that his cycle with us should had ended last season. And he actually has market, it's not like it would be hard to sell him.
Nah his agent tried and they got almost zero interest. There was a tenuous Bayern link but no one wants to pay money for him because of his age and fat contract. I remember someone in here saying he would be worth £100m, it’s mental, I think we’d do well to shift him on his current form for more than £20m odd in the summer.

I'm glad the FA haven't been cocks and kept with there original descion. It's wasn't a red all day long .. and any slim chance of getting back into a game was gone.. cheers

I would have liked to see how the team adapts without Bruno for a few games in a row. Also, it would have given ETH an excuse to try something new without risking his relationship with our capitan.

Correct decision.

Should still sit out at least 5-6 games as i've almost lost as much patience with him as with Ten Hag. A massive amount of control while being in possession is lost when Bruno is playing. Would be interesting to see what a midfield rotation of Ugarte, Mainoo, Mount, Eriksen and Casemiro(limited of course). And also to see how general communication is between the players. Can't imagine Brunos' completely unjustified moaning is doing any good at all.

On another note, at least 5-6 games out should also be the consequence to Chris Kavanagh. Wasn't surprised seeing us being fecked over when realising he was the referee for the game. Just as spineless and insecure as Michael Oliver.

Don't see the point of VAR if the only consistency we see is them time after time protecting their mates blatantly bad calls on the pitch.

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons before they signed Bruno: 45

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons with Bruno in the team: 39

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons after selling Bruno: 47.5

--

Average United goal difference in the 4 full seasons before we signed Bruno: 22.5

Average United goal difference in the 4 full seasons with Bruno in the team: 14.5

--

Hmmmm, interesting way of doing that….

But what was the GD the season before Bruno signing?

2018-2019: GD 11

So basically the last time we had an actual goalscoring striker playing for us (Lukaku and prior to him, Zlatan) and a manager who knew how to set up a defence, we had a better GD than with crazy fecking Ole and Ten Hag football?
Who’d have thought it?

That said, should probably be left out for a couple of games, play Cas & Ugarte with Eriksen just in front and try to make us solid. I always think all players should have to fight for their spot.

This guy has the best plot armour.

I genuinely thought some rest would do him good. I really like him but can't hide the fact that he's been terrible this season. He's been playing 50+ games or so every year for the past 4-5 years I feel. And he has an insane engine and keeps running non stop for 90 minutes.

To be fair the red was unfair (though I think Bruno's rashness is what prompted the ref to be quick with the red) so an appeal will be accepted obviously.

It's still a fact that his form has been shit so far this season.

Just to add…how often have we seen teams better players leave only for said team to have a marked improvement. Two that spring to mind…

RVN was an absolute goal machine for us and unlike Bruno, I loved him for it. But we arguably played much better after he left

Similarly Rooney Everton’s main man in 03/04. They became reliant on him during relegation threatened season. He joins Utd and Everton had more secure seasons ahead

The point being…take Bruno out the team and either a) others step up and take on the role of provider/goal scorer b) we just play better without him or ideally c) both a and b happen

This club has survived ‘losing’ far better players than Bruno
You layed that out so "well" yet missed option d, which is the most likely one: next game will be good, game after will be bad. Some things improve, some stay as they are. Making up stuff like that is only inviting the answers once the slightest of reason to do so is there. There is enough to criticize right in front of us, no need to invent fictional events where we just skip the one obvious part.
You wouldn't know it to read this thread. 'Fans' were delighted he was sent off, opportunity for Mount to become Zidane, reckless and stupid etc. Reality is the guy slipped, scraped somebody's leg and was wrongly sent off for it.

The whole team has been shit for the past 18 months and relative to the rest of the squad, Bruno has ALWAYS been one of our top performers. Even this season, who can you objectively say has been playing better than him?

And also, this myth of the team being built around Bruno needs to die. Maybe in Ole's United and the first 6 months of the ETH era, but since then he's been moved around constantly to make up for deficiencies in the squad, the primary onus for chance creation has been put onto wingers (who have done feck all, though to be fairthe tactics completely isolate them and set them up to fail)... add to that we haven't had a 'decent' striker who'd be able to make use of a world class AM since fecking Lukaku.

Glad the vast majority of match-going fans think differently
Hell yeah. Because thats the true elite. Only people, who take their time, money and will power to actually go to the match have stuff to share. Especially given that the majority of those is known to be real football experts. Get something going, maybe redcafe can build a feature, so we can finally see those geniuses better. The user name in bigger font, or in blinking colors or some blue checkboxes. That would be soooo great. It would save so much time, reading stuff not knowing whether the person has a clue or not or, and way more important, whether he goes to matches or not.
People acting like Bruno being out would help us. We would still be shite with a 1 man midfield. Seen it so many times when we hope things will change after the manager is forced to play someone else.
Not sure what you are talking about. The guy is always available, there are what 5, 6 or 7 matches without him? Not sure that fits your description.
Fans continue to look for simple solutions, like removing Fellaini, Lingard, Pogba, Matic, Maguire, Ronaldo, Casemiro, Bruno…

It’s crystal clear now that our issues are so much more complex than just changing out a player or two.
Fans also continue to try to exclude certain players from criticism because they think it is undeserved. We are a weird bunch. Fanboys, Hater - been there forever, will never go away. Now it seems like the haters are at it, tomorrow it might change again - based on experience all it takes is a semi-decent performance plus an assist or a goal and we are back to "glad we have him" and "where are the haters now"...

Fans also continue to try to exclude certain players from criticism because they think it is undeserved.

Do they? I for example have backed Bruno to the hilt, I still think he’s our most important player, but that said he’s had a shite start to the season and I think all players should have to fight for their starting place, including whoever is captain.
No question for me with our performances that Bruno should be rested and we should play a much more solid midfield 3 with Cas, Ugarte and Eriksen for a few games to consolidate.

Do they? I for example have backed Bruno to the hilt, I still think he’s our most important player, but that said he’s had a shite start to the season and I think all players should have to fight for their starting place, including whoever is captain.
No question for me with our performances that Bruno should be rested and we should play a much more solid midfield 3 with Cas, Ugarte and Eriksen for a few games to consolidate.

I feel pretty much the same way and I have been accused of being a fanboy.

I would only add this: so far this season I'm only happy with 3 players. In other words, Bruno is in good company as far as poor performances go.

To be fair the red was unfair (though I think Bruno's rashness is what prompted the ref to be quick with the red) so an appeal will be accepted obviously.

It's still a fact that his form has been shit so far this season.
It actually didn't bother me that the ref gave the red card at the time, the angle the ref saw it happen from made it look worse than it was, it was the idiot on VAR that didn't overturn it that I have the bigger issue with when he clearly had better angles that showed it wasn't a red.