Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
His performance last night was awful again, he continously goes for the fancy pass with the outside of his boot and ends up passing it to noone instead of playing a basic pass to a team mate.

He isn't a captain. We come under pressure in games and it's always the same. He becomes the most hyper, unfocused, sloppiest, most panicked player on the pitch. The footballing equivalent of an hysterical girls blouse. No composure whatsoever. Panic booting balls all over the place like he had feet toutettes.

He has no leadership skills at all. You never see him talk to anyone; gee them up, have a go.

People saying he looks tired are deluded. We aren't asking him to run more, we are asking him to make a 10 yard pass consistently and accurately and he simply can't it's embarrassing for him and the club.

He is not the problem.. the problem is the manager ..
Get a good coach and he will be firing..
Indeed just like when Ole got sacked. The issue is we are trying to become a possession team and he isn’t a player who excels in one. He was great when we were a counter team.

You think ETH instructs Bruno to do the things that you dont like? That is all Bruno. He is a good player but he isnt a perfect player and no manager is going to make him a perfect player.

It's very much the manager's fault if that manager leaves on a woefully underperforming player, and even worse, moves him to a position where he is totally unsuited, just to avoid the "controversy" of having to sub him.

Madness! Is there any other so-called major club in Europe that operates this policy?!

I've loved Bruno playing for us. He was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. Something is wrong in his current game, though. Something is sapping the creativity and leaving us with the Bruno who misplaces passes all over the pitch. I don't know if he needs more tactical discipline (i.e., told to not chase the ball), or he needs more solid midfielders around him, but it's not working for him. He should be benched until the coaching staff figures it out. When Bruno has a bad game, we collapse in spectacular fashion, so the coaches should determine exactly how to give Bruno what he needs. Lately it has looked like Bruno just goes wherever and whenever he wants, a completely free role in the team.

People saying he looks tired are deluded. We aren't asking him to run more, we are asking him to make a 10 yard pass consistently and accurately and he simply can't it's embarrassing for him and the club.

He is always going for the most difficult pass there is. If you miss two in a row, play the next 5 passes safe, until you get a feel for the setup and the movement of the opposition, and get a bit of confidence back. He keeps trying the same thing over and over, with the same result. It's like he has a two-touch rule where he has to get rid of the ball, regardless of the fact if the opposition defense is in place, or if he has a player in the right position to pass it to. This is just shocking to me.

Very similar.

“He doesn’t look fully fit”

If this is bruno playing tired, imagine how crap he'd be when hes not tired. He would be attempting even more of his atroicious passes and shots.

But it is what it is. According to his #1 fanboy (@Pogue Mahone ), Bruno is incredible and anyone who says otherwise is misinformed. He will most definitely be one of the posters strutting about in here when one of these 239284923 attempted trivela 360 no scope through balls finally hits the target for an assist!

I'd hate to play alongside him, he's always moaning and screaming at someone. Even when he makes a mistakes he starts screaming at whoever is close to him.

It's what sets him apart from true world class players, his bottom level that is. He is absolutely dreadful when he is not on song. You will never see KDB have that kind of game he just had against Twente.

Not true in the slightest. He's always at it to the forward players when the ball has gone out of play or after a move has broken down etc.
In that's the example of him being a leader, he should be stripped of the captain armband right away. Imagine a guy who lost the ball over 50 times in the last 2 games screaming on someone because the ball went out of play :lol:

This is not leadership, it is shifting the blame from himself.
In that's the example of him being a leader, he should be stripped of the captain armband right away. Imagine a guy who lost the ball over 50 times in the last 2 games screaming on someone because the ball went out of play :lol:
It was countering the claim that he never talks to anyone, which is highly inaccurate.

Too many horribly sloppy performances from our supposed ‘main man’. No doubt he's a good and sometimes exceptional player, but its hardly ever for 90 minutes, and just having him in the team will always make our midfield look like some 1990’s regen.

I think he's more suited to ‘top football’ in a B-tier league. He'd be great at Inter, Juve, Atletico, but we should have said ‘thanks very much’ in the summer instead of falling down the trap of a multi-year contract.

Good player, but signing Ugarte, De Jong, or peak fecking Redondo will not have us competing for the league while he is playing for us at number 10.

… and it should only take 5-20 minutes of watching any part of any game to see that.

He is a chancer. When it comes off, it looks world class. When it doesn't, as it most of the cases lately, he doesn't know how to snap out of it.

He has averaged 26 lost balls per game. This is unsustainable, if you want to build attacks, and sustain pressure in the opposition third. I'd be livid if there was a player like him in my 5+1 futsal team, who keeps losing the ball every 2 minutes. The fact that there is no reaction from the sidelines to what he is doing is shocking to me.