Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Not particularly important. It is annoying that a lot of the same issues were the cause of it but hey, believe in the manager I suppose.
It is blind and stupid faith. INEOS played it safe with the Mobbs that support ETH. Our fans are fickle and lack basic understanding of the game

Onana is such a clown :lol:

True and that is why it could be a win-win for all parties involved. We shouldn't be dependent on McT's goals, and instead strengthen other areas so that we don't concede as many goals as we did last year. For us goals should come from numerous other forwards we have, doing their damned jobs :) That is, if we want to be a top 4 team.

You would also agree that no top 4 would sign McT, wouldn't you? And there is a reason for that as well :)

Perhaps but lots of teams carry an alternative threat. Joselu scored a crucial goal for Madrid in the Champions League last season and he wouldn’t get signed by a top 4 team either. Liverpool had a crucial goal scored by Origi in the CL a few years back. Sometimes the like for like change isn’t all that helpful.

Is not just about losing, the football we are playing is taking us no where. We need to keep the ball better and ETH needs to rethink his whole transition football nonsense.
He is not capable of coaching that sorts excpet his team is better than everyone else's. He is not a good manager, period!

Is not just about losing, the football we are playing is taking us no where. We need to keep the ball better and ETH needs to rethink his whole transition football nonsense.
You are right, I was just being sarcastic. We are in big trouble if we don't make more signings (at least 4, in my opinion)

It is blind and stupid faith. INEOS played it safe with the Mobbs that support ETH. Our fans are fickle and lack basic understanding of the game

Look at least we got a goal through great build up today. Dutch masterclass.

Very little to be sated with overall. Hojlund did well to use his experience over Heaven to get the first goal. 20 mins or so with 2 or 3 good attacks and passing moves. Then the next 25 minutes we didnt do much and Arsenal came back into it and got their offside goal. In the end a poor half that started well.

2nd half we got absolutely dominated by Arsenal in general play. We did have some threat with set pieces but that was it. And playing Scanlon at right back after Martinelli came on we got crushed, although Fish needed to do better on the 2nd Arsenal goal as Martinelli took a heavy touch and he was too slow to react.

In particular Casemiro and Sancho need to take a look at themselves and show improvement for me. Casemiro was just as bad as the caf suggests he is in the first half, and second half Sancho had a few runs with not even the slighest bit of end product or even a safe pass to show for it. Antony was slightly better doing a bit of defending and passing the ball into teammates, though when he went for shots they were poor.

Onana best pass of the game with his chest control and pass out to Amad on the wing. I feel like after that his kicking was poor, though he made a few stops

As for Arsenal, lucky to get the first goal and not that good in the first half. Second half they were all over us in general play in terms of they always had the ball and sustaining attacks, but until Martinelli came on and his goal they werent making very good chances. So still miles better than us in that 2nd half but their end product was poor other than Martinelli's goal

Nah he is not - at the U21 he just stood there and passed the ball around - usually backwards. He is a completely different player.

He is not. He still passes the ball backwards quite a bit, and plays in the same style, the team is just better so you are not as frustrated with him.

Perhaps but lots of teams carry an alternative threat. Joselu scored a crucial goal for Madrid in the Champions League last season and he wouldn’t get signed by a top 4 team either. Liverpool had a crucial goal scored by Origi in the CL a few years back. Sometimes the like for like change isn’t all that helpful.
I understand and respect what you are saying. My opinion is just that we need money to sign necessities, so we don't have luxury of keeping a nice-to-have like McT

What a brain death post, in any case they lack quality as is the rest of our team. I have seen City's kids do way better in this preseason
You're really on a roll with your bollocks posts in here tonight aren't you?

Yea, I wouldn't pay any attention to those lot. There's some on here too slating him and it shows that they don't watch youth football.
Next match would rather see Scanlon playing RW than Antony. Scanlon might at least try to help cover the right flank defensively. And it's a position he actually knows how to play.

The pitch was awful. As most temporary installations are.

Calm down. It’s just a friendly. We played a second half with all youth players, against a handful of first teamers. It’s meaningless to draw anything from this.
It’s the pattern of play not the young kids, this is on the way we are being coached, if fans think ETH will get any patience after losing so many games last season, they are not living in the real world.

He needs to know that he can and will be sacked if we’ve lost 40-50% of our first 10-12 games. His teams don’t start well as we’ve seen in the last two PL seasons, if he has a similar start this season he’ll be gone.

I've a friend who stubbornly supports ETH because he heavily backed him to be the next Pep/Klopp. The guy doesn't even tune into every fixture but continues to make every excuse under the sun. Many United fans treat managers like the guy/gal afraid to end a terrible marriage.

We beat Arsenal last summer and it meant nothing. Today’s game also means nothing.
You’re wrong. The result may not mean a lot, but the tactics and style of play gives a lot away. If you think we will suddenly hit top gear and play good football on Aug 16, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

All I have seen so far is much of the same as last year. Players have no idea what to do with the ball and we are depending on individual pieces of brilliance to score or even create chances. I expect Eth to keep playing this nonsense “transition” football where every team and their mascot knows how to tackle that with a simple press and we go hoof ball with Onana missing the players with more than half his long kicks.

Think we are delaying the inevitable and unless we make massive changes to our front line who have enough flair to get the job done without a good coach, we are not really going to improve much on what’s been served so far.

Next match would rather see Scanlon playing RW than Antony. Scanlon might at least try to help cover the right flank defensively. And it's a position he actually knows how to play.
I agree. I wanted Antony to come good as I always want to back players who work hard on the pitch but attacking wise he's still the same useless self. Would rather his minutes go to someone from our youth academy.

We've won the game as far as I'm concerned.
You didn't even have a red shirt for that Rivals in Red game, you're hereby disqualified. Arsenal are champions of the USA or something.

He is not. He still passes the ball backwards quite a bit, and plays in the same style, the team is just better so you are not as frustrated with him.

I have seen more or less every game he has played since joining United - and I have never seen him make a forward run like he did today...I have never seen him jump into tackles. He has taken a lot more responsibility since joining the first team