Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Yeah, ESPN. Keller was just as bad in game, but that is standard for him.
I missed that, but Keller did seem lost kept calling players different names.
No it is not

"SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California has artificial turf called Hellas Matrix Turf. The stadium's designers chose artificial turf because it was intended to be used by two NFL teams, the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams, and to host other events like the annual LA Bowl. The turf is similar to what's used at the stadiums of the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans"

It's not a good habit to talk about something if you are not sure.
I was very sure on this.

No it is not

"SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California has artificial turf called Hellas Matrix Turf. The stadium's designers chose artificial turf because it was intended to be used by two NFL teams, the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams, and to host other events like the annual LA Bowl. The turf is similar to what's used at the stadiums of the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans"

It's not a good habit to talk about something if you are not sure.
Oh the irony.

The game was played on a grass pitch grown especially for the game and will be taken out on Monday to prepare the stadium for other events due to be held.
While stadium officials said the move was cost effective, when asked about the environmental impact, they said attempts to find another party to take the pitch had so far proved unsuccessful.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c3gr0q4y3pwo

For those who said we chose US for financial reason, is holding preseasom really that profitable? Football isnt even a main sport there.

NBC have paid billions for the rights to broadcast the Premier League in the US, so you have to believe some of that will filter its way down to the clubs. Therefore going on pre-season tours in the US only enhances United's brand recognition in the states, which will result in more viewers. I believe NBC are also pushing for actual regular season league games to be held in the US sometime in the near future.

The fact we keep going back should answer that question to be fair. It wouldn't be done if it wasn't profitable, it's not for the love of the American fanbase.
It kind of is but not specifically United's, NBC pay about $450 million a year for the PL rights and there's huge potential to grow that market, this is one of the reasons so many PL and other top European sides go there

It was pretty depressing to start the 2nd half with Antony, Eriksen and McT as our senior players.

Collyer, 20, looked pretty good. I wonder if he will have a place this year.

It was pretty depressing to start the 2nd half with Antony, Eriksen and McT as our senior players.

Collyer, 20, looked pretty good. I wonder if he will have a place this year.
You missed the most senior one, Evans, who was actually fairly good

You missed the most senior one, Evans, who was actually fairly good

Yes, he did okay. I'm not sure he will be important during the season though. I hope not.

Amass is 17. He did look good but I doubt he will be part of the squad.

Yes, he did okay. I'm not sure he will be important during the season though. I hope not.

I suspect Evans will be important, even if we buy another CB, it would enable us to move Lindelof on

I haven't seen a lot of Amass but he does look good and I think he will be in the squad as a back-up to Shaw and will start league cup and some Eurpa games

If true, that's mental.

More games means more players (regulars as well as fringe) will get minutes which I think is very important.

Ajax under Ten Hag used to even play double games, 90 minutes at noon, then 90 minutes at 4. They would use 2 full 11’s and would not substitute much unless needed.

Every stage of pre season had different goals with different games and different play times for each player.

Ajax and some other teams have a secondary team in the second division of Dutch football, so their fringe players get more quality games and learn how to play under professional stress. Works pretty well for development, although other second div. Team fans don’t like it at all.

Sorry for going off topic, but this hyper economic approach to football is also hurting players in my opinion.

Disagree. One can’t read too much into preseason but tactics, player / team form etc can be analysed.

If I’m not mistaken, after missing out on top 4 in laughable fashion,, Arsenal were mightily impressive in the 2022 preseason thrashing Chelsea and Seville and this along with their new signings really created a sense of expectation that they were on to something. I didn’t quite understand it or see it coming but they ended up nearly winning the league. So sometimes you can read something into preseason.

Sure and it’s always different being the stadium as you don’t get as much chance to watch tactically and the lack of replays. But we seemed pretty vibrant going forward to me, the passes were a good tempo and there was some flair in the way players were attacking space. Amad looks a threat and creative. Mount looked good I thought.

It seemed a more enjoyable team to watch than last season to my eyes anyway.

Then blame Ten Hag for not naming a back-up RB and instead playing a rookie #10 who's never played as a defender before in that role. You can't write a player off for that. Imagine if Barcelona had put a young Messi in at RB for a game once and he got rinsed by a much more experienced international winger. He'd never have kicked another ball again if people like you were calling the shots. The answer is don't set the kids up on a hiding to nothing by playing them out of position. Of course they're going to agree to it because they're desperate to play and you don't say no to the boss if you want to improve your chances at the club. But it was a role he should never have been expected to play. Next match he needs to be used in his natural role.
What the feck do you mean people like me? It's a 17 year old getting minutes in a friendly where the full squads aren't present.

Young players playing out of position is normal. At 17 you aren't even set in a position yet. Coaches are still trying different things. Reece James was a midfielder who got turned into a full back. Scholes was a striker at 18.

Players also learn from playing in a different position. They have to think differently and therefor might be able to understand better what their opposition is playing.

Who cares what dumb people on Twitter say. Whatever is being done there are trolls and idiots on Twitter shitting on people. If you go online and shit on a kid because one of the world's greatest dribblers dribbled past you then you're a troll or a shit human who is not worth anyone's time or second thought.

Amass looked more capable than Malacia ever did, and looks the second best option behind Shaw. He'll be in the squad unless ETH is insane.

Did not watch the game, only highlights but performance aside (it's preseason so results don't matter that much) those away kits really look great to me.