Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Anyway preseason results aren't all that important. Worrying that a lot of the same issues are still evident and bloody horrible to have 2 injuries.

Squad depth was our biggest issue last season and it will be our biggest issue again this season. Need to keep our 1st xi fit

Maybe, maybe not but what will make it intolerable will be online 'fans' overreacting to every little thing

This is what people were saying last season, before shit hit the fan.

We better get off to a much better start this season for everyone's sake.

Really pointless friendly this. Mostly players who aren’t going to get anywhere near the first team squad this season, thousands of miles away, on an amateur level pitch that has already knackered two of our most important players.

Waste of time other than for commercial interests.
There's nothing wrong with the pitch: it's grass laid over the artificial pitch. It's not cutting up, it's not loose.

Anyway preseason results aren't all that important. Worrying that a lot of the same issues are still evident and bloody horrible to have 2 injuries.
they aren't but yes still evident we have no real defensive structure and again can't keep guys out of the training room

Those kids from our academy are either not good enough or need way more time which today's game they dont have.

fecking had to nip out and cane back to see yoro went off injured. Any word on the severity

We played well for 15 minutes and that was it. It's very similar to what we saw last season.

Obviously, it's only pre season and we're missing a few players, but as I said before, it would be nice to see a style or play that is made apparent even when we haven't got our full first team.

We had some nice passages of play throughout the first half, but often lacking a final ball or finish. I know we have players missing, but like you say it has worrying signs of no real plan.

Good thing about this finishing 2-1 is no penalty shootout. Weird Yanks and their draw allergies.

Rashford is not good enough to shine Martinelli's shoes. Sad but a fact

Rashford was awful last season and generally very inconsistent but he has scored 50 more PL goals than Martinelli. Martinelli has scored more than 10 PL goal once while Rashford had done it four times. Rashford even outscored him last year while being ‘shit’ and Martinelli played for a title contender.

copying Guardiola seems to work better than what Ten Hag does, we don't press correctly and we can't keep the ball at all

He isn't even that. He was playing attacking mid/right winger for u-18s.
I feel bad for him, we're leaving him swinging in the breeze against Martinelli, who would be a handful even for our first choice fullback, let alone a youth team player being asked to do an unfamiliar job.

they aren't but yes still evident we have no real defensive structure and again can't keep guys out of the training room

It's not about defensive structure. It's about being able to regularly keep the ball. Most sides concede goals when the spend the majority of the match behind the ball.

Antony and Sancho might as well go sit on the bench for all the good they have brought this half. Amad putting them both to shame.

T
Good thing about this finishing 2-1 is no penalty shootout. Weird Yanks and their draw allergies.
There are penalties irrespective of the scoreline apparently.

Rashford was awful last season and generally very inconsistent but he has scored 50 more PL goals than Martinelli. Martinelli has scored more than 10 PL goal once while Rashford had done it four times. Rashford even outscored him last year while being ‘shit’ and Martinelli played for a title contender.
I hear you, but all that matters for us is the current form, mate

Ronaldo was once world's best player but by the time he played for us, for the second time, he was a huge problem. There are no past glory trophies in professional sport

Rashford and Amad are our starting wingers.

This is absolutely disgusting from Sancho and Antony.

Those kids from our academy are either not good enough or need way more time which today's game they dont have.

They have loads of time. 18-20yr olds could still have a few loans before they need to ‘make it’.

They wouldn’t play QF, SF etc onwards. But McTominay is better than most Europa League teams best player at least in the group stages.
Maybe

Based on what I have seen, however, I would prefer to see Maxi start in midfield over McT in any game, and McT has some value in the market, so why not sell him and finance one of the many players we need to buy?