Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

This.

SoFi is a WC26 location and they have been using these games to trial the grass laid over turf.
My Arsenal mate was at the match said the stadium is unreal. Issue they have to figure out is how to keep the pitch wet so the ball rolls properly and bounces properly

My Arsenal mate was at the match said the stadium is unreal. Issue they have to figure out is how to keep the pitch wet so the ball rolls properly and bounces properly
Unless FIFA is able cap prices, including the secondary markets, I fear those prices are going to make the Utd tour look cheap.

Their bench made the difference in second half, perhaps we should have given first XI a bit more than 45 mins. Mind you there is no doubt those injuries upset the rhythm too.

It's because creating situations where outfield players have time on the ball despite being pressed is a management tactic.

Our manager has never been able to drill those patterns or play regularly no matter what was given to him in backing. So we are a transition team and a worse one than we were under the "glorified PE teacher".
Spot on.

It’s the pattern of play not the young kids, this is on the way we are being coached, if fans think ETH will get any patience after losing so many games last season, they are not living in the real world.

He needs to know that he can and will be sacked if we’ve lost 40-50% of our first 10-12 games. His teams don’t start well as we’ve seen in the last two PL seasons, if he has a similar start this season he’ll be gone.
I was leading the ETH out charge at the end of last season. But even with that POV, it’s still too early, and too shorn of established players, to start wetting the bed just yet.

The refereeing was really, really bad.
It was, on the flip side of the offside goal there were 3 or 4 dubious offsides we got away with in the second half which would probably have been costly if they hadn't been given

The officiating was very poor across the board. Gutted about the injuries but thought we had some good passing sequences and looked pretty good for long chunks. Same old problems in defence though

No it is not

"SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California has artificial turf called Hellas Matrix Turf. The stadium's designers chose artificial turf because it was intended to be used by two NFL teams, the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams, and to host other events like the annual LA Bowl. The turf is similar to what's used at the stadiums of the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans"

It's not a good habit to talk about something if you are not sure.
MUTV said it was grass laid on top of the turf.

Who’s been injured then ffs? We’re starting early with that this year are we?

Unless FIFA is able cap prices, including the secondary markets, I fear those prices are going to make the Utd tour look cheap.
no doubt and it doesn't help that prices are already higher in california based on what he told me

Are you watching it on ESPN? Moreno was blaming Amass even when they show an obvious offside still shot. Moreno is an idiot and has an obvious bias against United. I don’t think he’s ever said a positive thing without some slight or back handed compliment.

Can't stomach the channel full of ABU's and that pathetic presenter just sits there and accepts it

Last edited:
Are we having an injury crisis before the season even begins? Can something change for the better for once?

Basically first half was half our real team. In that half of a team, we have seen Amass and Collyer take the opportunity to show they are ready for the first team.

Mount has been at the heart of everything. Really excited to see him actually play for us.

Amad unlucky not to score. He could use a more attacking-minded partner on that side instead of AWB, but he looks good.

Maguire looks like he's already retired out there.

Yeah those two are good enough to be in some matchday squads this season

Purely for practice
It’s not really for practise though is it. They can practise penalties every day in training. Also, practising taking them in a friendly where the pressure is off isn’t going to count for much when it comes to taking them in a game that really matters.

The penalties are purely to cater towards the American market to add to the spectacle and to add to the entertainment value of the game to those that might not regularly watch “soccer”.

Mount, Amass, Collyer are like new signings. Amass is instantly ahead of Malacia. ** Not sure how Collyer and Mount will fit into the same midfield with Mainoo and Bruno. Right side has to be Amad’s now, surely. Rashford and Garnacho can battle it out for the left.

This tour has at least brought forward into real consideration two youth players, with several others not that far behind.

Maybe Wheatley can make more of his next chance because we still need an additional striker, and that’s with Højlund.

Still need to get a CB over the line, and a true defensive midfielder.

**even when fit

It’s not really for practise though is it. They can practise penalties every day in training. Also, practising taking them in a friendly where the pressure is off isn’t going to count for much when it comes to taking them in a game that really matters.

The penalties are purely to cater towards the American market to add to the spectacle and to add to the entertainment value of the game to those that might not regularly watch “soccer”.

There may be a bit of that as well, but it doesn’t hurt the players to practice penalties in a simulated real game. And that’s all a friendly is at the end of the day - an illusion of a competitive game for entertainment and training purposes. It serves its own unique purpose for fans, players, and managers.

Yep, and Chelsea too. It's pre season, people are taking it all way too seriously yet again. It's the same every year!
Actually last year against Lens we've seen ETH setup being ineffective and too open, then those issues continued through the entire season and are still visible today.

This preseason is about something else. If we can't move the ball smoothly in preseason, we're in trouble.

No point in getting too excited over youth players in pre-season, Zidane Iqbal also looked like a world beater, and then was never given a look in again, and sold for 500k. There will be many pre season pirlos, we gotta be realistic.

Those Americans need to Google sprinklers

Let’s see and hope it’s not too serious. 2-4 weeks each would be ok for me. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

Yoro and Hojlund injured. Hopefully nothing serious. Thankfully we are looking into signing a new CB and we already signed another striker Zirkzee and have Sancho back.

A 2-1 loss and a penalty shootout win.
Basically a 1-1 draw as Jesus scored in an offside position. Not too bad of a result.
What about our performance. Was it good?

Only watched the first half as that was our 'first' team and I have no idea why anyone is upset. I saw some real positives. Mount was excellent, and offered something very different in that role. Also looked fully fit, probably ran more than anyone else out there. Amad looked confident and dangerous, hopefully he's made that role his. The big young fella in central midfield was better than Casemiro. And Amass genuinely looks like he could play this season, and has the touch of a genuine baller. We were superb for the first 25 - really til Rasmus went off.

Obviously it's not great that Rasmus and Yoro are hurt, but hopefully it's just precautionary.

Don't really care about the second half as it was such a weird team.

Our biggest issue looks to be the same as last season: Casemiro.

Positives: Mount, Collyer, Amass, Amad. Maguire's heading. Minusses: injuries to Yoro and Hojlund; Casemiro, Antony, Maguires turning speed. The officiating was sh!t ( for both sides). The pitch played like plastic. I'd seriously consider playing Mainoo and Collyer together.

For those who said we chose US for financial reason, is holding preseasom really that profitable? Football isnt even a main sport there.